The MT-07 Forum

speed sensor in bike without ABS

enduro250

I am using an FZ 07 with ABS for track only.
in this case, I have removed the ABS.
I am using Woolich software to flash my ECU.
Woolich is offering a launch control, but needs a speed signal.
on the ABS model: speedsignal is delivered via front /rear wheeel sensor to the ABS module
and from there forwarded to the ECU or display ( don't know)

To use the launch control, I have two options, 
build in ABS to get the speed signal ( not my option)
or to use the speed sensor from the models without ABS.

This sensor is located close behind the starter motor
and can be ordered and build in.
but where can I connect it to my loom ?
I cannot found a wiring diagram from non ABS model.
If I get one, I am not sure to find a solution.

Has anyone tried this or something similar?
pleased with for any help or idea.

1 hour ago, enduro250 said:

on the ABS model: speedsignal is delivered via front /rear wheeel sensor to the ABS module

I can post a diagram later today 

5 hours ago, enduro250 said:

Maybe I can help you.
I`ve just finished building a Yamaha Raptor ATV with a MT/FZ-07 engine.
You might want to look into buying a Non Abs Wiring loom, sub wire loom and a Speed sensor ( 1WS-83755-00-00) and probably a speedohealer.
My Raptor is running on the ABS ECU with the ABS Dash ( ABS light removed ) with a Non ABS wiring Loom and a Non Abs Sub wire loom/Injector wiring loom. 
The Non ABS sub wire harness has 3 more wires connecting to the main harness compared to the ABS equipped one and one more (triangular shaped ) connector for the speed sensor.
I`ll be glad to help you if needed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a similar question, accidentally ordered the wrong dash after mine was stolen. Now dash is showing approx. half the speed. 
is the solution above as simple as installing a non abs speed sensor and wiring it? 
ordering the whole loom and sub loom will be more expensive and much more work the just ordering the right speedo assy. 
ty 

Edited by Roguefluff
Typo

2 hours ago, Roguefluff said:

Hi, I have a similar question, accidentally ordered the wrong dash after mine was stolen. Now dash is showing approx. half the speed. 
is the solution above as simple as installing a non abs speed sensor and wiring it? 
ordering the whole loom and sub loom will be more expensive and much more work the just ordering the right speedo assy. 
ty 

Did you make sure the readout was showing the correct unit? Sounds like you've got the miles vs km thing flipped

11 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Did you make sure the readout was showing the correct unit? Sounds like you've got the miles vs km thing flipped

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes, that was the first suspect, it took me a while to get it’s the abs/non abs version since only abs versions are sold locally and I had no idea there is a difference. Rookie mistake. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Fast_Frankenstein
On 9/4/2021 at 3:55 AM, Roguefluff said:

ty 

Hi, Have you determined the final solution to the speed sensor offering wrong input? I have a ABS model with R6 wheels (removed ABS) that I'm still running on the street. Speedo is pretty necessary, and I'm not sure that a speedo healer is going to bridge the gap between the pulse rate of the wheel mounted sensor, and the transmission output.

Edited by Fast_Frankenstein
additional detail.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 3:51 AM, mossrider said:

I can post a diagram later today 

Hey mate ive sent you a message in your dms. Can you please post a pic of the diagram? Thank you

On 11/14/2021 at 3:10 PM, Fast_Frankenstein said:

Hi, Have you determined the final solution to the speed sensor offering wrong input? I have a ABS model with R6 wheels (removed ABS) that I'm still running on the street. Speedo is pretty necessary, and I'm not sure that a speedo healer is going to bridge the gap between the pulse rate of the wheel mounted sensor, and the transmission output.

Fast frank did you install a non abs speed sensor? Or not yet

Fast_Frankenstein
On 12/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, Nathan4 said:

Fast frank did you install a non abs speed sensor? Or not yet

Sadly Winter has found us. I've got it on the radar, and have an email in with Healtech; I'll post their reply.

3 minutes ago, Fast_Frankenstein said:

Sadly Winter has found us. I've got it on the radar, and have an email in with Healtech; I'll post their reply.

All good let us know!

• Like 1

Just search it, I've posted them a dozen times here and there on this forum. For some reason now I can't post files/pics.

• Like 1

Fast_Frankenstein
On 12/16/2021 at 6:06 AM, mossrider said:

Just search it, I've posted them a dozen times here and there on this forum. For some reason now I can't post files/pics.

Mossrider, I've used your quality info for many parts of my build, and I thank you kindly for your sharing. I have searched diligently through the site, and never did find any info on turning a ABS bike into a non-ABS bike. I really want to remove the pump assembly as well, and from the recent answer from Healtech, it appears that if there is a pulse-rate difference, their product will take care of it. I'll report further once I complete the job, and as always would appreciate input from those who have gone before....

• 2 months later...
sweetscience

NEED INFO FOR NON ABS BIKES

Not sure if this subject is resolved, but I wish to investigate this thread further as I'm planning to delete the ABS system on a 2020.  I have successfully deleted the entire ABS system on a Ninja 400 through trial and error.  With that being said, if the ABS system on the MT is segmented as is the Ninja, then it may work.  What I need from the community are pictures or wiring diagrams of the non ABS bikes.  Specifically where the cables from the rear wheel speed sensor connects to on these non ABS bikes.  Without a wiring diagram, I am assuming the rear wheel speed sensor cables route directly to the ECU.  If so, which pin connectors on the ECU?  

• Global Moderator
Just now, sweetscience said:

NEED INFO FOR NON ABS BIKES

Not sure if this subject is resolved, but I wish to investigate this thread further as I'm planning to delete the ABS system on a 2020.  I have successfully deleted the entire ABS system on a Ninja 400 through trial and error.  With that being said, if the ABS system on the MT is segmented as is the Ninja, then it may work.  What I need from the community are pictures or wiring diagrams of the non ABS bikes.  Specifically where the cables from the rear wheel speed sensor connects to on these non ABS bikes.  Without a wiring diagram, I am assuming the rear wheel speed sensor cables route directly to the ECU.  If so, which pin connectors on the ECU?  

The wheels do not have speed sensors on the non-ABS bikes.

sweetscience
Just now, mjh937 said:

The wheels do not have speed sensors on the non-ABS bikes.

Thanks, I overlooked that.  It's one of them internal speed sensors running off the crank position or whatever.  Pre-ABS tech, nothing I can do about that.

Probably, just plug the ABS module to bypass it.

• Like 1