The MT-07 Forum

New Leo Vince exhaust install and ecu flash

Myopic

Hi everyone, first post but I’m really enjoying this forum and all the useful info. 

Bought the FZ07 2019 in October and did the quick simple stuff like tail tidy and signal indicators.  After a lot of research on this forum and watching countless YouTube videos decided to try and do my own exhaust install as I commute on this bike and the stock exhaust is too damn quiet.  I need to be heard as well as seen since this is Florida and it’s too insane with the old folks.  

The initial choice came down to price and originally ordered a Two Brothers typhoon exhaust.  Unfortunately, two separate sites allowed me to place the order and I waited and waited but both were unable to fulfill.  Turns out there’s no stock and Two Brothers would have had to make one for me and I didn’t want to wait at that point sadly.  In the end I ordered the Leo Vince underbody EVO 2 because it was in stock and could get it quickly after the long wait.  

At the same time, while doing all of this exhaust shopping, and after reading the positive outcomes people have had with 2WDW, I sent my ecu off.  Originally I sent it out for a Two Brothers flash and got it back within two days.  I was so excited, but then when it turned out I couldn’t get the TB exhaust I didn’t really know what to do.  Once I settle on the Leo Vince I sent it back out and 2WDW and got the reflash done and immediately shipped it back.

Exhaust finally made it but the install wasn’t super smooth.  I learned a lot during the process, and if I can pass along any help please let me know.  Pro tip - the large color instructions on the Leo Vince site are not the same as the tiny black and white instructions that came in the box.  I think the design from the 2015-16 bike has changed for the 2018-19.   Once I actually read the new instructions everything fell into place.  I didn’t own a tool before the bike so everything is completely new to me.  If YouTube didn’t exist I don’t know how I would be able to learn on my own.  Hopefully this story will inspire someone else who doesn’t think they have the skill set to give it shot   If I can do it anyone can.

End result - the Leo Vince exhaust with the ecu flash from 2WDW has transformed the bike.  I really liked the bike but now I’m in love.  The sound, dB killer out, is so throaty and deep.  The bike performed in the lower rev range in second and third no longer feels like it’s choking and stuttering, no more dead zone in 5th, engine breaking is tamed and throttle response is fluid through all the gears.   I should also mention that I installed the R6 throttle tube at the same time as the exhaust.  These three things together just make for such a fun ride.  Actually look forward to going to work now that I get to ride there and back.  

Likely done with the bike mods for a bit, so thank you everyone on this forum and thanks to 2WDW for the insanely quick service and turn around on two flashes in two weeks.  Bike is loud but it’s South Florida and it feels like everyone is loud down here.  No issues so far on that end.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Congratulations, and well done on getting stuck into it with little to no experience. It's not rocket science, but sometimes it sure can feel that way when you're scratching your head in frustration. Throw up a few pics or a video if you can.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Myopic said:

Likely done with the bike mods for a bit

🤣 Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. 

Welcome to the club!

• Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

10 hours ago, Myopic said:

I didn’t own a tool before the bike so everything is completely new to me.

Gotta start somewhere 👍.  Spending money on tools never bothered me because I always seem to use them again down the road.

9 hours ago, fzar said:

Congratulations, and well done on getting stuck into it with little to no experience. It's not rocket science, but sometimes it sure can feel that way when you're scratching your head in frustration. Throw up a few pics or a video if you can.

Thank you so much!  When the headers pipes fell out the first time because I didn't have the springs on yet I laughed pretty hard at myself.  Will try and get some pics up.  

9 hours ago, 1tondriver said:

Well nicely done 👍🏻  Post up some pics, I like the look of that exhaust. 

It looks great!  It's almost hidden now that it's tucked so far underneath.  

8 hours ago, DewMan said:

🤣 Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. 

Welcome to the club!

Thank you!  Yeah, that Hordpower airbox does look pretty fircken sweet.  

17 minutes ago, geophb said:

Gotta start somewhere 👍.  Spending money on tools never bothered me because I always seem to use them again down the road.

That makes sense.  With the tools I've been able to change the oil, the coolant as well as the other installations.