The MT-07 Forum

MT 07 Clock Issue

benschumacher12

benschumacher12

I purchased a brand new 2019 Yamaha MT 07 from a well-known shop in a big SoCal city in October of 2019.

After returning home after a week away from the bike at Christmas, I realized the clock was about an hour behind time. I reset the clock and it continued to lose a few minutes every day after that. Now, two months later, every Sunday I still reset the clock to account for the ~30-40 minutes it looses throughout the week.

I took it to the place of purchase and they said there were no errors showing when they plugged the bike into the Yamaha diagnostic machine and couldn't fix what "isn't broken". Terribly aggravating.

Any ideas on what could be causing the issue and how I may go about fixing it? Apart from the clock, the MT 07 has been a great first bike. No other noticeable issues.

benschumacher12

Haven't dropped the bike, ridden in the rain, been in inclement weather, beat it up in any way shape form, etc. 

Im going to check my clock on my 2019. Been sitting since November, im wondering if my clock has changed too.

benschumacher12
51 minutes ago, geophb said:

Im going to check my clock on my 2019. Been sitting since November, im wondering if my clock has changed too.

Hope you have better than I did/do! Let me know how it turns out. 

Just checked over lunch and my clock is right on the money.  Well actually its an hour ahead but thats because of daylight savings.

My speedo always seems to read higher than what it feels like I’m actually doing, does this mean it’s clocking more miles on the odo than I’m actually doing too 🤔

• Global Moderator

I suspect you are riding so fast that time is slowing down in accordance with Einstein’s theory of relativity. ;)

Seriously though, something is wrong.  My bike loses a couple of minutes a month and that is annoying enough. 

Have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it back? My 2014 fz had no problem with the clock, i just set it 5 mins earlier than normal time. If there's an internal battery inside the speedo, that might be the cause🤔

5 hours ago, Fahimiya said:

Have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it back? My 2014 fz had no problem with the clock, i just set it 5 mins earlier than normal time. If there's an internal battery inside the speedo, that might be the cause🤔

No internal battery.

benschumacher12
On 2/11/2020 at 11:24 PM, Fahimiya said:

Just disconnected the battery. I'll be traveling tomorrow so I'll let it sit disconnected until tomorrow night and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you install an aftermarket pipe, un snorkel and flash tune? They say it makes the bike run faster. 😜 Just kidding ....

All I would know to do if it were my bike and still under warranty is request to speak with the manager there and explain to him what is going on and if there's anyway to prove what your telling them is true that might help convince them. Their hands are probably tied over the diagnostics test and need something to prove the diagnostics isn't catching the problem. GL! Edit: it just dawned on me that it could simply be a case, since this is a bargain bike, of getting a bargain clock along with the bike. My clock on my bike doesn't seem to be real accurate, either. Not as bad as yours but it's a little off.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

It is not a bargain bike thing.  I have a friend with a Street Triple and not only is his clock not accurate but it is so complicated to reset that he just ignores it.  At least ours are easy to adjust.