The MT-07 Forum

On my way buying an MT-07 2020.

ThGkatz

Greetings fellas!

New guy here, name's Theodore. I am a 27 years old male from Greece. Currently riding on an mt-03 for about 3 years (31000 km). Monday morning is the big day of the month since I'll probably order the mt-07 2020 restricted (A2 license) model.

For all you seniors out there I have a question which is driving me mad. Since the stock exhaust sounds just awful, I decided to get the Leo Vince One Evo black edition for the mt-07. Leo Vince clearly states in their FAQ that ECU remapping is not required since the exhausts for a specific model come calibrated to work spot on with the industrial settings of the bike, unless stated so in the user manual. I read the manual of this specific exhaust and nothing is mentioned about the ECU.

Does anyone have some experience with such exhaust systems claiming that no ECU remapping is not needed?

Finally, what I am really concerned about, is NOT loosing power after changing the exhaust from what the bike would have with the stock one and highly decreasing my milage/tank , in case I do not remap the ECU. 

Thanks a ton for your time reading this gents and ladies!

Just now, ThGkatz said:

Greetings fellas!

New guy here, name's Theodore. I am a 27 years old male from Greece. Currently riding on an mt-03 for about 3 years (31000 km). Monday morning is the big day of the month since I'll probably order the mt-07 2020 restricted (A2 license) model.

For all you seniors out there I have a question which is driving me mad. Since the stock exhaust sounds just awful, I decided to get the Leo Vince One Evo black edition for the mt-07. Leo Vince clearly states in their FAQ that ECU remapping is not required since the exhausts for a specific model come calibrated to work spot on with the industrial settings of the bike, unless stated so in the user manual. I read the manual of this specific exhaust and nothing is mentioned about the ECU.

Does anyone have some experience with such exhaust systems claiming that no ECU remapping is not needed?

Finally, what I am really concerned about, is NOT loosing power after changing the exhaust from what the bike would have with the stock one and highly decreasing my milage/tank , in case I do not remap the ECU. 

Thanks a ton for your time reading this gents and ladies!

You, your new bike and Leo Vince will get along fine w/o any counselling, mapping or ECU monkey business. Most exhausts are purchased, slapped on and enjoyed as is.  If, at some point, you decide to modify it some more that's fine too. Have fun, enjoy it.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mossrider said:

You, your new bike and Leo Vince will get along fine w/o any counselling, mapping or ECU monkey business. Most exhausts are purchased, slapped on and enjoyed as is.   

That's a relief Mos! Thanks for the reply. Ride safe and enjoy your weekend!