The MT-07 Forum

Shifting problem

Crazymenpk

Whenever i speed away from a traffic light and reach 2 gear at 8k rpm i cant shift up anymore, the foot lever is then completely blocker, only if i drop down back to like 5k rpm i can shift up again to my 3. What is/can cause this problem?

Are you pulling in the clutch all the way? Or maybe its not adjusted correctly and not completely disengaging (i.e. too much slack in the cable)

43 minutes ago, geophb said:

Are you pulling in the clutch all the way? Or maybe its not adjusted correctly and not completely disengaging (i.e. too much slack in the cable)

Yea i am pulling the clutch in all the way, but it only blocks when i reach higher rpm so not sure if disengaging is the problem them?

• Premium Member

Make sure your foot isn't applying upward pressure on the shift level after you shift into 2nd gear. I was having the same issue, i had to adjust the shift lever height. The shifter  has to return to the bottom detent before it will shift into the next gear. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

2 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

Make sure your foot isn't applying upward pressure on the shift level after you shift into 2nd gear. I was having the same issue, i had to adjust the shift lever height. The shifter  has to return to the bottom detent before it will shift into the next gear. 

This was it, thank you!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Crazymenpk said:

This was it, thank you!

👍🏻

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"