Sign in to follow this  
vhooda

Tracer 700 in UK, 6'2" Tall Rider Problems

vhooda

Hello there,

I am 6'2" tall and I fell cramped on my Tracer 700. I think this model is not available in the US but essentially the same bike with longer swing arm. I am thinking for lowering the foot pegs by about  2 cm atleast. Can you suggest some brands where I can look up and buy. There are a few available on ebay UK but shipped from China.

I have standard seat as I have ample padding on by butt cheeks 😊.

I do not mind ordering from US but UK is preferable or China if it is the right stuff for the bike...

Many Thanks

robbo10

I think if it was me I would be raising the seat with extra padding (wouldn't pegs tend to scrape if lowered?)

• Like 2

Just do it! 

vhooda

I live in the UK and what seat will I get to raise the height by about 2 cm? Is the Comfort seat from Yamaha be any good?

robbo10

I modded the seat with bespoke exrra padding. I added about 30cm height but my aim was greater comfort. You could achieve similar with your local upholsterer.

PS   Comfortable it is; a thing of beauty it is not...!

PPS Sorry that's my Rebel, but the 07 looks the same.

2019-04-03 10.05.14_resized.jpg

Edited by robbo10
  • Like 1

Just do it! 

vhooda

Great Job! 

I do not have any local upholster... I need to send the seat by post and that will prove to be expensive! 

robbo10

I have come across this on another forum.  It might not give you enough thickness but with the addition of foam sheet underneath it might. I have no idea if it would fit your bike, but it does look interesting.  I quite fancy it with water filling.

For google (US):  "HOMMIESAFE Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Water Fillable Cooling Down Seat Pad"

This is the link for amazon uk: 

Shop at Amazon.co.uk for HOMMIESAFE Air Motorcycle Seat Cushion Water Fillable Cooling Down Seat Pad, Pressure Relief Ride Motorcycle Air Cushion Large for Cruiser Touring Saddles (Black) : Sports & Outdoors.

Edited by robbo10

Just do it!