The MT-07 Forum

Looped my FZ 07 in 3rd gear, Need suggestions on repairs

Dakota

B2E2FDDA-E41D-43EC-9E00-602884B9FA72.thumb.jpeg.0444ef5afff1893fbb9d6b751da419c5.jpegHey everyone I just looped my fz 07 going about 65, luckily I had sliders to protect a lot of damage but I’m trying to find if someone know best place to but replacement parts I need, new rear set with shifter and rear break, new tail fender and eliminator kit and new fairing for right side gas tank. Thanks any info helps 

6932D642-CDA8-48FD-B62A-7ACF2623439E.jpeg

Any of the factory parts houses are good, parts for these bikes are cheap. Or there are several great sites for aftermarket stuff. Also check out our forum vendors for great deals.

Shop our large selection of Yamaha Motorcycle OEM parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at 800-964-1882

Sportbike Track Gear offers one of the best selections of motorcycle gear in the industry. Buy helmets, jackets, parts, tires & more online for a great price!

46ca9b8f61309773b71ca54dc60b8373_600x600

Aftermarket Performance Upgrade, Parts & Accessories for Yamaha MT-07 / FZ-07 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 at Motostarz.com

Superbike Unlimited is the exclusive importer and distributor of Lacomoto to the US. We carry a full range of products including: Ohlins suspension products, Graves Motorsports, BrakeTech, Driven, Fast Frank Racing, Pirelli...

og_image-1758fc38b821432ac2d7bd92a55ddf8

Shop the best brands & top of the line Sportbike Gear here. Free Shipping Over $39.99. Expert Gear Advice from Riders. View HD Video & Customer Reviews.

The Best Motorcycle Performance Parts And Accessories From Around The Globe Online At Pure-Performance-Cycles. The Latest Bikes And The Newest Applications.

• Like 1

Well, that just sucks, doesn't it! Do you still have your original parts? You could save money with them. That's just a suggestion but you can try all the places mossrider mentioned plus any other major suppliers that may have either the best price or what you're looking for. Sometimes I just google a part and and a list of suppliers that carry it just pop up! GL and I would also suggest a good wheelie bar. Glad you're alright.

Beemer

eBay will sorry you out! I've seen fairing on their cheap. My tag bracket is eBay Chinesium and cost 20 bucks. I can't vouch for any Chinese rearsets tho. No experience there.

Thanks for the info fellas I will be looking into it. Do any one you know about my yoshimura exhaust  that was damaged but it’s only damaged on the slip on part, the aftermarket full exhaust pipes is untouched. Could I just put any slip on exhaust onto my current yoshimura full exhaust? 

1A2F7E4F-1A42-45CE-8E54-C0B57F9131AA.jpeg

• Premium Member

Ebay has plenty of universal motorcycle exhaust...just measure the pipe diameter at the exhaust can end and search for like " 51mm motorcycle exhaust" for example... I have like 3 of them sitting on my shelf of 2 different inlet sizes(51mm and 61mm and various lengths from 180mm to 315mm) 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

39 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Thanks man, do you know if should I adjust my fuel controller with different exhaust canister?

Probably not. Any similarly sized muffler ( interior air flow-wise) is gonna act about the same. I'd ride it first and see if you notice any issues before worrying about it. 

Delkevic may e a company to look in to for buy just a muffler. Their reputation is pretty high even though their prices are quite affordable. Probably a good place to pick up a quality slipon for cheap.

As far as this picture goes does anyone know what parts need to be replaced? Obviously new integrated taillight but what about the plastics? 

967BD2CC-9DE0-40F5-9D2F-43B5953518D3.jpeg

You can start removing plastic and see what damage and order all the damaged parts. But this is a great time to make and fz07R 😁

• Like 1

I'm assuming you were geared up and faired ok yourself? You did not mention getting hurt, I'm glad you're alright yourself. Sorry bout the bike. Sounds like you are already on track to get the bike fixed up tho. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was wearing shorts and a shirt unfortunately(and stupidly) so got pretty banged up but few days in a hospital bed was all I needed. Thank you for the help everyone I will be posting pics of my fixed bike soon. Thank god for garages in winter!

• Like 1

Luckily the plastics on these bikes arent expensive.  Start pullin it all apart to see what you need.  Then grab your card and jump on any of the sites Mossrider mentioned with a good parts diagham/break down. Or go used if you have good source 👍

When I was looking at buying an Fz07, I priced out cost if I crashed.  IIRC it was ~$250 parts per side for new but depends on a lot though.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, geophb said:

Luckily the plastics on these bikes arent expensive.  Start pullin it all apart to see what you need.  Then grab your card and jump on any of the sites Mossrider mentioned with a good parts diagham/break down. Or go used if you have good source 👍

Everything he said and while you still have your card out, buy some proper gear. It'll be way cheaper than a hospital bed. 

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.