The MT-07 Forum

White Widow

jrhacksaw

Hello my name is Cody and I purchased my FZ-07 in late September. I originally rode a 2005 Buell Blast given to me by my father who has been a Harley mechanic for over 30 years. Being a larger individual, I was in the market for a new bike with more power (the blast was a 500cc single cylinder but it had the power of a 250cc) and I went to about 5 dealerships. I was denied every time due to bad credit.
On the way back from my 5th denial I was putting around in rush hour traffic, stopped at a light and I heard brakes squeal. I was rear ended at about 35 mph and the bike was totaled, along with my back.
After the accident I lost my job and ended up flunking out of college. It took 6 months for the legal process to end and afterwards I was able to afford a new vehicle.
I chose the FZ-07 after researching it for months. Once I bought her I wanted to modify her as much as possible. For the most part she's finished but as we all know its always a work in progress.
Here is a list of what I've done to her so far:
Yamaha front cowl
M4 exhaust slip on
Power Commander V
Mesh vent and side covers
Removed snorkel from air box
Rotaryryan tail tidy
Custom made LED turn signals
Snake and bones lisence plate frame
Skull spider and nameplate decals
Reflective rim tape
10620826_10152882814639553_3493543820059193041_n.jpg?oh=6a326599bae3c23afad8e0075d18f87a&oe=551C5D91&__gda__=1425050820_78bab6505558639f213e7c78a786530c1450245_10152882814784553_54478764369399525_n.jpg?oh=49bd467672487df5641b621517e49e2c&oe=54F033BD&__gda__=1424079092_1fba073c55ed524223954c3ddf617e95

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome jrhacksaw! I really like what you've done to White Widow especially the rim tape; sets it off nicely. Watch those cagers so she doesn't become the White Widowmaker! Glad you're riding again.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome! Great color choice :)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Thanks hippiebikerchick. A lot of people I come across think its stupid that I keep riding. I don't care though. Its in my blood (trying to upload pics from my phone is being a pain in the ass lol)
10301179_10152883054014553_6917845404747282136_n.jpg?oh=6cd0992ca6a9114beeda2ca4394df277&oe=54D1D3A9&__gda__=1424448726_8bc12717b3fe0d22706d4a1216d956a4

Thanks motomeek. I was originally going for the liquid graphite but my dealership had the white one assembled and I really liked the look. Especially now

• Global Moderator

Welcome. It is a good thing you got the white. The name would look silly on a gray one :).

• Global Moderator

Welcome @jrhacksaw. Wow what story. How's your back?

Beautiful bike btw, nice mods and excellent color choice. Don' forget to vote;)

Well Guru, my back is about as OK as can be expected. Unfortunately two of my lumbar discs were hemorrhaged and I had to go in for surgery. They burnt off the nerves but the damage is still there. I feel like I have the back of a 50 year old but it won't stop me from being on two wheels.

Welcome. It is a good thing you got the white. The name would look silly on a gray one :).

I come up with names after riding for a while lol

Welcome and Bienvenue jrhacksaw. I really like what you did with the front turn signals.

Thanks, my dad had to drill the holes into the front cowl. Being polycarbonate made it difficult. He cracked the first one and I had to replace it. We clamped it to a dowel and secured it in the vice. Then its just careful drilling

@jrhacksaw your bike looks great. I feel your pain on the back injury, 10 years ago I broke my back in a construction accident. Fractured two vertebrea, multiple breaks in another. Slipped two disks. Glad to hear its not keeping you down. One piece of advice work out your core and back, helps me out.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Global Moderator
...I feel like I have the back of a 50 year old but it won't stop me from being on two wheels....

Now now lol, my back IS 50 years old. Once you reach half a century you realize it is actually not old. :P

• Global Moderator

All good. :)

You know, inside you don't grow old but stay stuck at around 25. Then the body starts deteriorating to the point where you start scaring yourself in the mirror.
I have been lucky as far as my back, but many others (like my wife) struggle with it. Getting old is not for wusses.

Glad you're good after the accident. Really like the rear blinkers

How big of a difference did the powercommander make?

The power commander made a noticeable difference. I have to get it tuned to get the hard numbers but you'll feel that the bike isn't starved for fuel

As far as the blinkers go it was a fairly easy process with the exception of drilling the front cowl. I'll try to put up some more detailed pics when I can.

Archived