The MT-07 Forum

4000 mile service

fastfredyb

Hello fellow riders, Does anybody know if the 4000 mile service requires anything special.  For example, the first service at 600 miles required throttle body sync. The 8000k mile service need the spark plugs changed.

Besides oil and filter, I am assuming everything else needed is lube and fluid check. 

Any input?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I don't have my manual in front of me but I plan on doing whatever it recommends.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Mine is definitely 6 4 if very low for a modern engine running modern oil's
maybe they have differing service intervals for different markets.
600/6000/12000/18000/24000, for mine 6000 seems to be just a oil change don't need a filter
and a good look round only thing is the spark plugs are supposed to be checked but
not replaced.

• Premium Member
Mine is definitely 6 4 if very low for a modern engine running modern oil's maybe they have differing service intervals for different markets.
600/6000/12000/18000/24000, for mine 6000 seems to be just a oil change don't need a filter
and a good look round only thing is the spark plugs are supposed to be checked but
not replaced.
You sure its not 6k Kilometers? I believe that's about 3700 miles so fairly close. I see 4k miles as well.

• Premium Member

Mine says 4k or 6 months. I know - I just did it.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I would be changing my oil more than every 6k miles (probably about every 3-4k) I wouldn't care what the manual says. I'm glad my service is at 4k. That sucks.

The 6k is well on the conservative side and won't cause the slightest problem,
at 3k mine would never be out of the dealer, strange though that some are slated
at 4000 and 6 months were other are 6000 and every year.
My car is 17k and 3 years but even I think that's excessive, and do it every year and
or 10k but the oil is like new when it comes out.

• Premium Member

Well bikes are not cars. Cars will always outlast performance bikes. My point was to not wait for oil changes as I want my bike running in optimal condition which means I don't want to run dirty or semi dirty oil as oil in a bike has more affect than a car. To each his own but I don't agree with waiting 6k to change oil as my bike use will differ from yours. But as it stands now US FZ-07's second service according to the manual is at 4k. I would also recommend changing your own oil as well, its cheaper and extremely easy.

My main question was if there are any services that aren't clearly noted on the owners manual for the 4ooo mile service.. For example, on the 600 mile service, they asked for a throttle body sync. I didn't see that on the manual.

The 6k is well on the conservative side and won't cause the slightest problem, at 3k mine would never be out of the dealer, strange though that some are slated
at 4000 and 6 months were other are 6000 and every year.
My car is 17k and 3 years but even I think that's excessive, and do it every year and
or 10k but the oil is like new when it comes out.

6000K instead of 4000K? that must be because Canada is using Nautical Miles ;) But you are right, 6000 miles would be enough. America is a different breed when it comes to oil change.
It used to be 3000 miles for old aspirated/high clearance/dino oil engine and it will stay that way until the end of time. Americans know their engines are a 1000 times more performant and durable that they used to be. That their oils are a lot more efficient, but still, surprisingly insist in changing their oil at the 3000 magic miles.
I have changed my cars oil (synthetic) once a year or 12000 miles with absolutely no loss of performance or excessive wear.
Yes, it is a personal choice, but why waist money just to feel better?

Yep we all have our little habits, you do make up for all
those oil changes though by getting about 4 times the milage
out of your tyres, be a poor world if we were all the same.

• 2 months later...

My bike says i need 4k mile service and every 4k miles after, 4,8,12,16,20, ect...I skipped my 4k mile service because the mechanic at the dealership said nothing was being replaced, and it would be a waste of money, and to come back for the 8k service because that has replacing the spark plugs, i'm not sure if anything else is replaced at 8k service but off the top of my head that's all i know of

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• 2 weeks later...
My main question was if there are any services that aren't clearly noted on the owners manual for the 4ooo mile service.. For example, on the 600 mile service, they asked for a throttle body sync. I didn't see that on the manual.
The throttle body sync. is on page 7-3, no. 5 in the table (USA owner's manual):  
"Fuel Injection:  Adjust Synchronization".

It is listed as an item for the 4000 mile service.

Archived