The MT-07 Forum

Bolt organization. What's your method?

DewMan

On 1/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, DewMan said:

Yeah the clutter just makes me not want to go out in the shop so nothing's getting done. 

I have lots of other types of fasteners besides just motorcycle  parts I need to organize as well and would probably be able to fill up 4 of the HF ones without trying too hard.

I have electrical, Coaxial, wire termination and computer small parts to organize as well. 

I also have electronics to sort like resistors capaciters etc that also come in way too many variations which add to the organizational challenge.

I've got a 50ft retractable Goodyear air hose and  retractable 12g 65ft extension cord I'm hoping to get ceiling mounted this week also. Tired of tripping over cords and air lines.

Do you know if the HF organizers are designed to be pegboard mounted?

I hear on not wanting to get anything done. If there's a mess that's all I can see. 

I don't know about pegboard mounted per se, but there are holes in the back to hang it. 

• Like 1

In my man-cave/work-shop my hardware is organized in large clear plastic containers. I’ve been around nuts and bolts all my life and can tell by looking the difference between most of the hardware I work with. Bolts are sorted by metric 8mm and bigger, 6mm and smaller and all US stuff. There are over 50 jars on the bench but because they are clear it’s easy to see what’s in each one. 

5674B851-7ACB-4FB9-82E8-0ACA2BAE2F39.jpeg

• Thanks 1

ABS =  Audible Blinker System. The horn beebs every time I use the blinker

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, slideways said:

In my man-cave/work-shop my hardware is organized in large clear plastic containers. I’ve been around nuts and bolts all my life and can tell by looking the difference between most of the hardware I work with. Bolts are sorted by metric 8mm and bigger, 6mm and smaller and all US stuff. There are over 50 jars on the bench but because they are clear it’s easy to see what’s in each one. 

5674B851-7ACB-4FB9-82E8-0ACA2BAE2F39.jpeg

Nice! Can I hire you to clean up my workshop? 😆

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 9 months later...
firstyammerha

I read a statement sometime in the past that if you want to keep a man occupied for an hour, give him a coffee can of assorted nuts and bolts. I'm a coffee can guy. Organization is over rated. Chaos rules in my shop!

• Like 1