The MT-07 Forum

Getting a new FZ-07 2017 under 8k CAD . Is this a good deal?

Gur Wing

Hi, a dealership in my area has a new 2017 FZ-07 model at an OTD price of $7511CAD non ABS model and $7853 for the ABS model. Do you think its a good deal?

No. I bought my fz 07 back in 2017 new for 7200 out the door and even then I didn't feel like that was a great deal

3 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

No. I bought my fz 07 back in 2017 new for 7200 out the door and even then I didn't feel like that was a great deals?

Canadian dollars? or USD

Just now, Gur Wing said:

Hi, a dealership in my area has a new 2017 FZ-07 model at an OTD price of $7511CAD non ABS model and $7853 for the ABS model. Do you think its a good deal?

That seems like a smoking deal to me @ roughly  $5700 US. I'd buy it anyway.

• Like 1

Why would a dealer have a brand new 2017 still? Not the best deal but have seen worse. I know, not much help but maybe you can haggle a better price. 

5 minutes ago, Gur Wing said:

Canadian dollars? or USD

My bad. I didnt know what CAD was. 5700 usd is actually a great deal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

Why would a dealer have a brand new 2017 still? Not the best deal but have seen worse. I know, not much help but maybe you can haggle a better price. 

Yeah, Apparently no one buys fz-07 in Winnipeg, Canada because it snows 6 months a year. But there may be more than meets the eye, I will check it out in person as soon as spring starts.

Just now, Gur Wing said:

Yeah, Apparently no one buys fz-07 in Winnipeg, Canada because it snows 6 months a year. But there may be more than meets the eye, I will check it out in person as soon as spring starts.

Well it’s a pretty good deal although the service manual calls for the replacement of brake lines at 4 years along with another host of things (that I don’t do all of). Just sayin...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gur Wing said:

it's not uncommon for dealers to have left over used bikes. Either the bike was previously a demo bike or it was just not sold for awhile. A friend of mine bought a new 2014 vstrom last year. And I almost bought a new 2016 speed triple last summer as well

Thats a good point. If all goes well and i decide to purchase it, I will ask for warranty. You never know what might go wrong because the bike has been sitting for too long.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

it's not uncommon for dealers to have left over used bikes. Either the bike was previously a demo bike or it was just not sold for awhile. A friend of mine bought a new 2014 vstrom last year. And I almost bought a new 2016 speed triple last summer as well

A local dealer here got 6-10 new 16-17 Triumph’s brand new last fall for sale. They weren’t sitting in the dealer for years they just appeared. I wondered where they came from as several other states around got some too. 

10 minutes ago, Gur Wing said:

Thats a good point. If all goes well and i decide to purchase it, I will ask for warranty. You never know what might go wrong because the bike has been sitting for too long.

Smart thinking and a good bargaining point. Good luck 👍

If the bike is new it will come with full factory warranty. The service intervals don't start until the first owned mile rolls on the odo. Dealers commonly end up with hold-overs either directly through unsold factory mandated inventory or through inter dealership horse trades. They frequently swap stock with other dealers to get hold of models customers want or that better suit their demographic needs for showroom sale. We had random stuff in crates in the warehouse that showed up who knows how or when. The factories are wierd, in order to get x# of these we were required to get x# of those whether we wanted them or not. Then they either sat in the warehouse forever, were sold 4 years later as hold-over or were horse traded to another dealer again for something. Each factory is different in their contractual requirements of the dealer network, some were horrible to deal with, others more flexible. 

• Like 1

Werbenjagermanjensen

For a '17? Heck no. I bought my 2018 for a similar price when it was brand spankin' new, first gray one in my area.

13 hours ago, Gur Wing said:

I have mine for sale with 2 years left on the warranty: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/7050288170?action=display&go=display

Personally I wouldn't buy one brand new here in Canada. I'm in Calgary Alberta and you can get pretty much brand new ones used for cheap. I picked up 2016 fz07 a year ago with full mods including power commander and akra exhaust for$5800 Canadian with only 1500km on it. Ive seen countless fz07's on Kijiji in Calgary for 5000-5500 cad with less than 2000km on it.