The MT-07 Forum

Ktech Razor RR Shocks Clevis clearance?

Kyuzo

Hey Guys,

Planning to to get the Ktech Razor RR with the AP raising link  and do the 180/60 tire.

But in mean time I was wondering if the RR shock will have clearance issues installed w/o link while I wait? I understand it to be about 318/19mm compared to stock 313mm. 

Does anyone have experience with the stock setup linkage/RR stock?

Lastly, anyone know the best way to get a hold of Andy Palmer about links? I tried through his FB but havent heard.

Thank you!

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Kyuzo said:

Hey Guys,

Planning to to get the Ktech Razor RR with the AP raising link  and do the 180/60 tire.

But in mean time I was wondering if the RR shock will have clearance issues installed w/o link while I wait? I understand it to be about 318/19mm compared to stock 313mm. 

Does anyone have experience with the stock setup linkage/RR stock?

Lastly, anyone know the best way to get a hold of Andy Palmer about links? I tried through his FB but havent heard.

Thank you!

I don’t think you will have any issues with the Razor RR and the stock dog bone link. The swing arm angle won’t be as steep as with the link, but the longer shock will raise the rear ride height a little bit. The angle should increase a little too. 
Andy has been hard to get a hold of

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

I agree, you should be fine.  In fact, the longer shock was designed that way, to not need the AP link unless further swingarm angle was desired.  At least, that's how I remember it when the longer version first came out. 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, blackout said:

I agree, you should be fine.  In fact, the longer shock was designed that way, to not need the AP link unless further swingarm angle was desired.  At least, that's how I remember it when the longer version first came out. 

Yep, I used the Original link with AP's dog bone and my Penske shock set to 318 mm with a 180/60 rear tire without issue.

:)

- Paul

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Kyuzo said:

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help! Can I ask which 180/60 tire you guys got? 

Good question.  It's an odd size as you know.  My s22's are not available in that size, nor is the q3 plus.  But the q4 is available in a 180/60.   Can't go wrong with the q4 for track use.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

36 minutes ago, Kyuzo said:

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help! Can I ask which 180/60 tire you guys got? 

Pirelli makes a couple of models and you can also get the Michelin Power RS in that size. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, blackout said:

But the q4 is available in a 180/60.

I'll be looking at these when I need a new rear.

1 hour ago, 1tondriver said:

Pirelli makes a couple of models and you can also get the Michelin Power RS in that size. 

I'll take a look at these also to see whats going on.