The MT-07 Forum

Cali superbikes school

phanomenal07

Sounds like a lot of fun and learning! I looked into it as well but it’s not held at any tracks near me. Are you taking you FZ? Will be interested to hear about it after your done. Have fun 👍

Yes I will be taking my fz. What track are close to you? I live in philly so njmp isnt that far from me at all

11 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Yes I will be taking my fz. What track are close to you? I live in philly so njmp isnt that far from me at all

I am in MI so the closest would be VA or KY, neither close at all...

17 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

I am in MI so the closest would be VA or KY, neither close at all...

Yikes. I dont know where in Michigan you are but pit race is about 5 hrs from ann arbor

27 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Yikes. I dont know where in Michigan you are but pit race is about 5 hrs from ann arbor

I am about an hour north of Ann Arbor. Not familiar with pit race and google didn’t return any results. 

5 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

I am about an hour north of Ann Arbor. Not familiar with pit race and google didn’t return any results. 

Pittsburg international race complex. N2 trackdays usually host track days there

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, 1tondriver said:

Feed your need for speed, whether it's karting, car or motorcycle racing, autocross, training, and more; if you're a spectator relaxing at our event center or in the driver's seat - Pittsburgh International Race Complex is your...

Here ya go, @1tondriver MotoAmerica round held there too.

• Thanks 1

Pittrace is one of the best tracks in North America.  You've also got Blackhawk Farms Wisconsin and Road America Wisconsin, 5hrs15mins the other way, just sayin.

9 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Pittrace is one of the best tracks in North America.  You've also got Blackhawk Farms Wisconsin and Road America Wisconsin, 5hrs15mins the other way, just sayin.

I have an open invitation from @cornerslider to come to Blackhawk Farms in August to ride with the ZARS Group that I am really hoping I can make. 

I have done Road America in a race prepped Audi and I am not sure about it on a bike as it is so fast. My old bones can’t withstand many more wrecks. Heck it has take me 13 months from my last one 3 surgeries later and it is still not healed all the way. Sucks getting old..

Pittrace looks like a lot of fun. I hope to get on that as well. So many opportunities. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Signing up for call superbikes school may 12 at NJMP. Who's done it? What can I expect?

I've done a couple race schools but never cali. I've really liked them all since I like to learn and it's good to get criticism from folks who know what they're looking at and what they should be seeing. So much fun to boot. Its always humbling to find out how much of what I thought I knew i didnt know or to dump bad habits.  Cali is the one left on my bucket list. 

Just now, 1tondriver said:

I have an open invitation from @cornerslider to come to Blackhawk Farms in August to ride with the ZARS Group that I am really hoping I can make. 

I have done Road America in a race prepped Audi and I am not sure about it on a bike as it is so fast. My old bones can’t withstand many more wrecks. Heck it has take me 13 months from my last one 3 surgeries later and it is still not healed all the way. Sucks getting old..

Pittrace looks like a lot of fun. I hope to get on that as well. So many opportunities. 

I've yet to run Blackhawk so I may meet you 2 hunyaaks there...

Road America is an easy track on a bike with miles of room and huge run-offs. You only go as fast as your wrist decides.

Pittrace is glorious, more elevation than almost any other track, lots of flow, great surface. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Signing up for call superbikes school may 12 at NJMP. Who's done it? What can I expect?

After reading up on the school it seems like it is pretty intense and a great learning experience. Seems like a no BS day and really focused. I would really like to do it. You will definitely have to give a thorough review after. 

• Premium Member

Oh how I'd love to do a trackday at Road America, Pitt-Race, and NJMSP. I'll be happy with a couple at Hallett this year.

Just now, fzar said:

Oh how I'd love to do a trackday at Road America, Pitt-Race, and NJMSP. I'll be happy with a couple at Hallett this year.

My buddies and I try to make a winter road trip to a southern track every winter for a trackday outting usually Oct/Nov or Mar/Ap. A couple, 3 or 4 guys, small trailer full of bike junk and pickup and hit the road for a few days. In summer it's a bit easier to hit or meet at different tracks in our travels.

Make some trackday friends then get crazy. They're thinking the same thing...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mossrider said:

My buddies and I try to make a winter road trip to a southern track every winter for a trackday outting usually Oct/Nov or Mar/Ap. A couple, 3 or 4 guys, small trailer full of bike junk and pickup and hit the road for a few days. In summer it's a bit easier to hit or meet at different tracks in our travels.

Make some trackday friends then get crazy. They're thinking the same thing...

That sound like such a good idea. I think I'll try to do that too from now on. I was actually just looking at tracks I can go to that is sooner then my first track day this year. My first track day this year is gonna be april 13th at njmp but VIR has a track day March 30th. I wonder if I can make it further south to find a sooner track day

• Like 3

Jennings GP is a blast and the weather is always great down here! The track is open now...…….I know it would be a haul for you but well worth it IMO.

dsc-3802_orig.jpg

Jennings GP's number one goal is safety. Our second goal is to make sure our riders have fun! There is plenty of run off room in...

Edited by Geteup
  • Like 1

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

27 minutes ago, Geteup said:

Jennings GP is a blast and the weather is always great down here! The track is open now...…….I know it would be a haul for you but well worth it IMO.

dsc-3802_orig.jpg

Jennings GP's number one goal is safety. Our second goal is to make sure our riders have fun! There is plenty of run off room in...

That actually looks pretty good. I'll have to see if I can actually get my bike and myself to florida. I'll see

It would be fun but a pretty expensive venture for us northerners unless you go with a group. If you have a mechanical failure you could be done for the weekend and a long costly drive home. I could see doing it with others but as a solo not so much. 
Cool track though!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Geteup said:

dsc-3802_orig.jpg

That would be fun!  

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York