The MT-07 Forum

2 Wheel Dynoworks support or the easiest way to lost your $400

ogri

2wheeldynoworks

Again, a sensor failure is still most likely, as I explained previously, and can absolutely cause different behavior in an ECU with different mapping than another. For a more in depth explanation, see our previous comments on this thread.

The fact remains that you began to experience the issue weeks after the ECU was flashed. A mapping issue would present itself immediately. Mapping is STATIC, so it will NOT CHANGE unless it is modified with flashing software. The mapping used in your ECU has been used in literally HUNDREDS of others without issue, so there are only two possibilities that explain your issue.

Possibility 1 is a failing/failed sensor. These ECUs have incredibly broad rationality checks for input sensors, so a sensor can begin to fail, or fail entirely, without causing a check engine light. Some of the sensors can be completely disconnected without causing a check engine light at all! It doesn't sound like you followed our advice and tested or troubleshot either sensor we recommend that you check due to their high failure rate.

Possibility 2 is that a map in the ECU became corrupted during the flashing process. You are incorrect in thinking that this could cause a complete loss of acceleration under load and/or at freeway speeds. This would only be theoretically possible if a "0" value was inputted into a large section of the fuel mapping, in which case the issue would be constant, and that isn't the case from what you're describing. 

Either way, further argument is absolutely pointless. We are here to help, and we have offered to do so many times now. If you'd like to take us up on our offer to help diagnose the issue you are having, we are more than happy to do so! Simply send us back the ECU with your contact information, and we will happily share our findings publicly if that is what you wish.

-2WDW

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 1/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, ogri said:

Short: 
2 WDW cares only about getting money and will screw you if you are complaining.
Long:
 I sent my 2015 FZ-07 ECU to "2 Wheel Dynoworks Inc". I was excited waiting for freshly re-programmed ECU. Fist ride - "Oh man, it is buttery smooth!". After some real-world riding, I realized there are some issues pop up after ECU re-flashing, it was summertime and because 2WDW lowered kicks-in temperature of a cooling fan, my bike became totally uncomfortable to ride in heavy stop-an-go-traffic, my legs start to melt and fries. The fan started kick-in and out every couple minutes while I was standing between traffic lights. They refuse to return fan T range settings without returning deceleration cut.

The biggest issue I noticed a couple of weeks later, the bike after ref-lashing got dangerous lags in power between 3.5K RPM to 5K RPMs (which is my normal commuting RPMs). Then I had two close calls. First when the bike has the lag in the middle of exit from the round highway merge section. The second was when someone started to change its line towards my place in traffic and I have to speed up, these two seconds can cost me a life. I send an email to 2WDW they said the described problem is with my MAF and O2 sensors. Basically, they refused to re-flash ECU back to OEM flash and credit back my money in a first my request month later after order. This is why I ordered another original used ECU from eBay, replaced re-flashed one and all problems are gone the same day. 
Later, I played between these two ECUs and noticed what the original Yamaha factory's flash is much stronger in terms of power response, maybe a little bit more brutal but this only plays for better bike charisma instead of having anemic, lagging but the smooth engine.
If someone has Dyno in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale area, I can bring both ECU (re-flashed and OEM) and we can compare real graphs. 
My strong belief is what couple guys playing with dyno and pretending to be a "real" mechanics in their garage can't be smarter than a hundred engineers working at the Yamaha factory.

orgi: After reading this entire post, I think you would be foolish to NOT send your ECU back for a "check-up". It doesn't seem like you have anything to lose? I'm not a customer of 2WDW (yet). I seems like they are really trying to help you. Our bikes are very complex, and have many sensors that can, and sometimes will fail. I'm not saying that IS the problem, but you do have an opportunity to have the ECU re-checked at zero cost to you. If that checks out, you may have to start checking sensors on your bike. I absolutely HATE electrical problems- I'd rather have a connecting rod laying on the ground on a pool of oil, than have electrical issues. I sincerely hope you get this resolved-

• Like 4

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, I can confirm that my ECU issue has been resolved.
@2wheeldynoworks Confirmed the fact with ECU data corruption. I received back re-flashed ECU about two weeks ago, rode my bike every day and do not see RPM issues anymore.
My concern is still about @2wheeldynoworks did not answer my question about verification of consistency of transferred data. I understand that it is not possible to check every ECU on the Dyno but I would like to suggest @2wheeldynoworks to verify data digitally at least. No one will ask anything from dead biker, in my case, I likely escaped two times serious troubles related to couple of corrupted pieces of data. For someone, this situation may finally finish deadly, think about this, this sin can be written to your account.

BTW, I checked sensors, they all are fine.

Edited by ogri
add comment
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ogri said:

@2wheeldynoworks Confirmed the fact with ECU data corruption

Can you elaborate. ECU data corruption. Please.

2 hours ago, ogri said:

@2wheeldynoworks Confirmed the fact with ECU data corruption. I received back re-flashed ECU about two weeks ago, rode my bike every day and do not see RPM issues anymore.
My concern is still about @2wheeldynoworks did not answer my question about verification of consistency of transferred data. I understand that it is not possible to check every ECU on the Dyno but I would like to suggest @2wheeldynoworks to verify data digitally at least. No one will ask anything from dead biker, in my case, I likely escaped two times serious troubles related to couple of corrupted pieces of data. For someone, this situation may finally finish deadly, think about this, this sin can be written to your account.

BTW, I checked sensors, they all are fine.

This is very informative. Thank you for this. And this is another reason I'm still running a stock ECU and am wary of this flashing service. 

Edit: i don't been THIS company's flashing service specifically, but ECU flashes in general.

Edited by shinyribs

I had my 2017's ecu flashed by 2wdw, the only thing that didn't change was the fan cut-on temp even though that's advertised as part of the mail-in refresh service. That wasn't really a concern of mine since there were literally no other issues with my reflash. Its one of those "Ill get around to it if, and when, I get around to it" things for me. But maybe it is some sort data corruption on my ecu as well? My bike is apart right now so maybe it'd be a good time to send it in for an inspection🧐

Edited by FrodoFZ

@FrodoFZ Fan kicks-in temperature was my first reason to reach their support. Like I said before, with their setup, my motorcycle became to hot in the summer traffic, they said "we are injecting more fuel and  your engine is running cooler" (that sounds little bit weird or even absurd - more fuel, more energy, same oxygen volume, slower burning -> much more heat) but "we can return your fan to stock settings only after returning factory decel-cut back".

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, ogri said:

@FrodoFZ Fan kicks-in temperature was my first reason to reach their support. Like I said before, with their setup, my motorcycle became to hot in the summer traffic, they said "we are injecting more fuel and  your engine is running cooler" (that sounds little bit weird or even absurd - more fuel, more energy, same oxygen volume, slower burning -> much more heat) but "we can return your fan to stock settings only after returning factory decel-cut back".

More fuel (richer) means cooler running. Running less fuel (lean) which is known to run hotter and to cause burnt valves etc over time. 

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Running less fuel  and “lean” are completely different meanings. “less fuel” comparing to what? Who said FZ-07 was “lean” from factory? Do you have any reports about burnt valves on any stock bike? I never heard. Injectors decel-cut this is “nice feature” to remove in the first place by re-flashing. This makes more comfortable riding with better throttle on-off response and more softer engine braking.

More fuel, more energy to release inside cylinders, more heat, @2wheeldynoworks know this and made your cooling fan to start earlier.

You will feel more stronger explosions because changed the exhaust note, stronger handlebars vibration, engine runs hotter after re-flashing ECU. I think this will be possible to prove/disprove using two ECUs (standard and re-flashed) and FLIR camera to measure exhaust headers temperature after couple of equal bike runs.

Ok @ogri  I thank you for reporting your issue with one of our vendors, but now i gotta ask what is it you are trying to now accomplish ? Because it seems to me that you are trying to run their name into the dirt, using our forum to do damage to their reputation. 

They are a vendor on four of my motorcycle forums. They also tune full race bikes for friends of mine. $40,000 machines, who are all very loyal to @2wheeldynoworks .  Go to tracks in the NW and it is 2wdw there flashing race bikes with long lines of happy repeat customers/racers getting their tunes. 

Of the four forums that I own, 2wdw has flashed literally thousands of our members bikes.  Then there are the memebrs of the Facebook groups that I admin, thousands of more ECU customers there. Then add in the many other forums that I do not own, and all of those satisfied customers. 

While that does not help you with your situation, you are not going to use this forum to trash our friends at 2wdw.   I have left this thread up for a few weeks now, even though the way you titled this thread it was clear that you simply wanted to do damage to their reputation.  And the way you slammed them in the first post of this thread, it is ridiculous as myself and thousands of others know better. 

I value you as a member, so feel free to send me a PM if you feel that they are being unreasonable and I can follow up with Nate and Nels personally.  I know these guys and have seen them bend over backwards to help customers, going way beyond the normal constraints of customer service. I would be shocked to hear that they were not offering a remedy to this situation for you. 

At this time, I have decided to lock this thread and let it drift off into the nethers.  Please work out your issue with Nels and Nate via phone or email.  Send me a pm if you have additional info that you feel that I should know. 

• Like 5

• Cruizin locked this topic