Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fzar

EBC H-H sintered brake pads

Recommended Posts

fzar

I know its been discussed that they're not necessary, but if they're the same price as OEM why wouldn't I try them? Iv'e only ever ran OEM and its nearly time to change pads anyway @ 26,500 miles. I have Galfer SS lines F/R. Thoughts......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan

EBC H-H are also what I'm running for normal daily driving. By all specs I've read there's no reason to not use them. They're better for pretty much every scenario from rain to racing. 👍

  • Like 1

DewMan
 
Just shut up and ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver
Just now, fzar said:

I know its been discussed that they're not necessary, but if they're the same price as OEM why wouldn't I try them? Iv'e only ever ran OEM and its nearly time to change pads anyway @ 26,500 miles. I have Galfer SS lines F/R. Thoughts......

I thought the same thing and am in the middle of installing Spiegler SS lines now and picked up the HH pads. Oem still have life but if I get to the track more this year how can they be bad? @bellissimoto had real good things to say about them so I took the plunge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar
1 hour ago, 1tondriver said:

I thought the same thing and am in the middle of installing Spiegler SS lines now and picked up the HH pads. Oem still have life but if I get to the track more this year how can they be bad? @bellissimoto had real good things to say about them so I took the plunge. 

Yeah after my 1st. Trackday and 26,500 mile my front pads got eaten up fast. I was searching and I got them at the same cost as OEM from@bellissimoto as far as I can tell, according to reviews,their an improvment and easier on the rotors! In all conditions the bite is supposed to be superior. I might be wrong but, more often than not I usually am when exploring different options. I decided that f-it what do I have to lose???? My understanding is you have a Suter slipper? If thats the case then sintered H-H might be a help to you. Whereas on my part without a slipper, even with decel-cut turned on from the @2wheeldynoworks I still get sufficent engine brake. I dunno, I needed pads and thought WTH, same cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YZEtc

When I bought my 2015 FZ-07 in August of 2014, I changed the front brake pads to EBC HH within a week.

I found no down side to it, unless you prefer the front brake to not have as much braking power.

I used then for about 12,000 miles with no abnormal wear to the rotors, no unusual noises, or any other concerns - just brakes that worked very well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FZ07R WaNaB
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, fzar said:

its been discussed that they're not necessary

 

5 hours ago, YZEtc said:

unless you prefer the front brake to not have as much braking power

My $0.02 worth is that they are worth their weight in gold. The difference in quantity and quality of braking power was absolutely noticable. The stock pads worked but I had a couple of times where I came close to having a serious problem from the lower braking power - hasn't happened since the EBC HH's, and I only have them on the front brakes. My overall stopping power is now plenty good enough for the street that I haven't felt the need to change the rear ones. When the time comes, the rears will get the EBC's too. BTW, I have approx. 12,000 on my FZ.

Riding motorcycle is inherently dangerous (fun too), and changing what you can to make them a bit safer may be the difference between you being a para, quad or dead. While I still believe that an ECU flash is the single best thing you can do to a FZ/MT-07, brakes, mirrors, horn, and headlight follow closely behind.

The crazy thing is that you can get the brake pads, mirrors, horn, and light bulb for well under $200 - What's your life worth???

OK, I'm done preaching 😇

https://www.amazon.com/EBC-2005-2013-Yamaha-FA380HH-FA174HH/dp/B017D3JPZM

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Mirror-Extender-Adapter-Models/dp/B01KLOY6GI/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fz-07+mirror+extenders&qid=1578404831&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Safe-Ultimate-Eliminate-Parallel/dp/B07G2PFZ38/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=round+blindspot+mirrors&qid=1578405045&s=automotive&sr=1-8

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-mini-horn

https://www.amazon.com/Osram-Night-Racer-110-Single/dp/B00N1SXH08/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Osram+Night+Racer&qid=1578405404&s=automotive&sr=1-1#customerReviews

 

 

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1tondriver
8 hours ago, fzar said:

My understanding is you have a Suter slipper? If thats the case then sintered H-H might be a help to you. Whereas on my part without a slipper, even with decel-cut turned on from the @2wheeldynoworks I still get sufficent engine brake. I dunno, I needed pads and thought WTH, same cost.

Yea you nailed it, my rationale was I was going to be grabbing a lot more front brake and I want that extra bite. Either way I don’t think they are a bad choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah

I will say this, i put a set of the HH ebc pads on front and rear, at about 2kmiles, i am currently at 36k with a few track days, but mostly street riding. Best upgrade ive done with the exception of suspension. brakes bite harder, and i can trail them into a corner knowing they wont overheat on me in the 100+deg weather. as for the wear statement above.
Remaining, i have about 1/8" average on front pads, and the rear is still brand new.... 
I measured the rotors at install, and a few minutes ago.... there has been .006" average wear since install, the oem pads wore the rotor down more in 2k miles. total wear on my rotors currently is .016", theyre getting close to needing replaced. 

  • Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bellissimoto
9 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

 

My $0.02 worth is that they are worth their weight in gold. The difference in quantity and quality of braking power was absolutely noticable. The stock pads worked but I had a couple of times where I came close to having a serious problem from the lower braking power - hasn't happened since the EBC HH's, and I only have them on the front brakes. My overall stopping power is now plenty good enough for the street that I haven't felt the need to change the rear ones. When the time comes, the rears will get the EBC's too. BTW, I have approx. 12,000 on my FZ.

Riding motorcycle is inherently dangerous (fun too), and changing what you can to make them a bit safer may be the difference between you being a para, quad or dead. While I still believe that an ECU flash is the single best thing you can do to a FZ/MT-07, brakes, mirrors, horn, and headlight follow closely behind.

The crazy thing is that you can get the brake pads, mirrors, horn, and light bulb for well under $200 - What's your life worth???

OK, I'm done preaching 😇

https://www.amazon.com/EBC-2005-2013-Yamaha-FA380HH-FA174HH/dp/B017D3JPZM

 

 

 

BellissiMoto can offer even better prices on EBC than that!

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar
19 hours ago, fzar said:

I was searching and I got them at the same cost as OEM from@bellissimoto

I said it up there^^^ but for what you get!!

 

1 hour ago, bellissimoto said:

BellissiMoto can offer even better prices on EBC than that!

:)

 

Its true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar
20 hours ago, DewMan said:

EBC H-H are also what I'm running for normal daily driving. By all specs I've read there's no reason to not use them. They're better for pretty much every scenario from rain to racing. 👍

That's where I'm coming from, if I bed them in nice they should be good rain or shine!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.