The MT-07 Forum

Remote shock reservoir mounting location?

AA-ZZ

I'm considering a double-adjustable rear shock with a remote reservoir.   

1.  What are the preferred mounting locations for the reservoir on the MT-07?  (I've searched the forum extensively and pretty much come up empty on this topic.)   

2.  What are you using to fasten the reservoir to the bike?  Bracket provided by shock manufacturer, aftermarket bracket, zip ties?

3.  Nitron NTR2 is at the top of my list.  Does it come with a bracket?  

thanks, Andy

Werbenjagermanjensen

The Nitron NTR2 is also at the top of my list for a shock upgrade. I've emailed their customer support in the past, and it does include a bracket to attach the reservoir along the rear subframe. This is, of course, if you buy directly from them, so YMMV.

• Premium Member

My Razor-RR came with a bracket to mount with the existing passenger peg holes. A similar bracket could be easily fabricated.

Ed

950144626_03_25.2019022.thumb.JPG.35f19d6b6e323b4eafc378268bf222d5.JPG

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

FYI. 
I have the Nitron R1 Shock installed on my 2015 FZ-07, which has no remote reservoir. The R1 shock is Nitron’s base level shock. I only use my bike on the street and love how it feels. When I purchased my shock around 2 years ago, the mounting bolts were not supplied, since Nitron expects you to use the OEM shock bolts. I contacted the Nitron Shock supplier and they confirmed that the bolts are not supplied. What I found was the shock’s top bolt was only held on by 3 threads. The dealer installed my Nitron shock and put on a slightly longer top bolt for a more secure install. 

Edit: Ignore my comment that the top bolt was too short, member @twf mentioned that the OEM top bolt should fit ok. My dealer installed my new Nitron R1 shock and informed me they had this issue with the bolt. Apparently, my dealer fed me a line of bullsh@t, since I am original owner and never touched the shock bolts. I purchased the bike from same dealer and  I do all maintenance work myself.

2 hours ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

What I found was the shock’s top bolt was only held on by 3 threads. The dealer installed my Nitron shock and put on a slightly longer top bolt for a more secure install. 

Nobody supplies bolts. Shock fits same as stock and no need for longer bolt. Somebody changed your original bolt.