The MT-07 Forum

summer gloves

7fold

So I'm looking at options for summer riding that don't forego protection. My current pair of gloves (RS Taichi RST422) only has some perforation between the fingers, which doesn't really help all that much. It makes getting them on and off with sweaty hands a bit difficult.

As of now, I'm kind of torn between the Five SF1's

five_sf1_gloves_black__05501.1532702291.

Purchase the Five SF1 Leather Gloves from SportbikeTrackGear.com Get the lowest price, free shipping deal, easy exchanges and no restocking fees - Guaranteed!

And the heroic racing ST-R's

I'm not sure which would breathe better, but the only difference in terms of protection I can find is the ulna protector on the pair of Five's that isn't on the Heroic Racing pair. Has anyone had any experience with either?

I'm open to other suggestions as well, the one thing I definitely want is scaphoid protectors...I've already gotten a chance to "test" them last year and I feel like they did their job. They're scuffed up, but all the leather is still intact (along with my hands haha).

2 minutes ago, 7fold said:

So I'm looking at options for summer riding that don't forego protection. My current pair of gloves (RS Taichi RST422) only has some perforation between the fingers, which doesn't really help all that much. It makes getting them on and off with sweaty hands a bit difficult.

As of now, I'm kind of torn between the Five SF1's

five_sf1_gloves_black__05501.1532702291.

Purchase the Five SF1 Leather Gloves from SportbikeTrackGear.com Get the lowest price, free shipping deal, easy exchanges and no restocking fees - Guaranteed!

And the heroic racing ST-R's

I'm not sure which would breathe better, but the only difference in terms of protection I can find is the ulna protector on the pair of Five's that isn't on the Heroic Racing pair. Has anyone had any experience with either?

I'm open to other suggestions as well, the one thing I definitely want is scaphoid protectors...I've already gotten a chance to "test" them last year and I feel like they did their job. They're scuffed up, but all the leather is still intact (along with my hands haha).

Sorry, too cold to think about those here in Ohio...  

I've paid good money for perforated leather gloves and in my opinion, they don't breath, my hands were always hot & sweaty. I think if you want something cool for summer you're going to have to sacrifice a little protection for comfort. Don't be too disheartened, it's the same way with jackets, pants and boots. 

This is what I use in warmer weather ... Scorpion Skrub Men's Textile Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Gloves. Amazon has them for $24.95.

Here's another, more expensive set on amazon for $39.95 that would probably keep your hands just as cool but with a little more protection ... Scorpion Divergent Adult Street Motorcycle Gloves

GL!

Beemer