The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

njdevils1990
20140816_162806_zpsgxb1xaq7.jpg

Mwahahaha!!!
  • Like 4

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Guest montana07

I just rode. The weather was looking uncertain so I didn't plan an actual ride. Just figured I'd hop on, and cruise around sticking within 20 minutes of home. The weather cooperated so I was out for about two hours just taking random roads I hadn't driven before. Found a couple nice roads with a few twisty sections and and some straights to get on the throttle.

• Like 1

At the dealership now. Getting my first service. Got 620 miles on her. Break in period almost completed. 
$95 per hour labor .. oil change, adjustments all for only $240 ... it won't be going back there too much.  Figured I would for the first service.  oh well.

Major items for 600 mile service is throttle adjustment, chain, and oil?

that first service will be the one and only time my 7 will ever go to the dealership for anything if it was anything over 200$
Why even bother. All the dealer is doing is changing the oil and filter. Do it yourself and save a bunch. 

Major items for 600 mile service is throttle adjustment, chain, and oil?
This is what my receipt says: 
Oil & Filter
Adjust tire pressure
Check Fluids
Check Brakes
Adjust and Lube Chain
Adjust and Lube Cables
Lube Pivot Points
Check Over Bike

Labor $190  Pars $41.54

• Premium Member

Seems like we're all getting different results. I got my 600 done yesterday.

Oil and Filter
Adjusted chain and Lube
Adjust Clutch cable
Adjust throttle cable
Set tire PSI
Check battery connections

I also had them check a few things as per my request. I did install my magnetic drain plug as well.

Seems like we're all getting different results. I got my 600 done yesterday. 
Oil and Filter
Adjusted chain and Lube
Adjust Clutch cable
Adjust throttle cable
Set tire PSI
Check battery connections

I also had them check a few things as per my request. I did install my magnetic drain plug as well.
Magnetic drain plug ... where did u source that?  How much was labor per hour at your shop?

• Premium Member
I bought a Dimple Magnetic drain plug off ebay. Although they do have a website shop. Size is M14x1.5x16. I prepaid for service as I wasn't sure I was going to be moving into a place with a spot to work on my bike. I have 3 years to get up to 7 services done at my dealership. I did the math and I will be getting money back as long as I do 4. Which is easily doable. My receipt says 234.00 in labor. Maybe this is upcharged for the couple requests I told them to do but I got Yamalube semi-synthetic oil 10w-50 instead of the regular 10w-40 they put in. They didn't charge me extra for anything. 

I ordered the front cowl ,crg arrow bar end mirrors ,rotary tail tidy
Can't wait to those mirrors on. Please post pics when installed.

Yesterday had the tank pieces replaced as they were damaged in shipping, instead of just one, dealer replaced them both. Also had the chain adjusted and cleaned/lubed

Oil change with Rotella T6 and attempted to get all my chicken strips off. Sunday drivers and "dont want to crash my brand new bike'itis" kept me 1/8" from my goal. Left the house and got lost on purpose. ::) Been quite awhile since I had a bike that made me want to do that. Modified my frame cover to still look stock with GP shift. LOL...watching MotoGP on my DVR and just saw a FZ07 commercial. ???;)Damn this beer is good. That is all.

• Like 1

foxtrotzulu07

Removed passenger pegs, fabed mount for brake fluid reservoir, moved rider pegs forward and down, installed plugs in the 2 large frame holes, raised shift lever, and possibly, maybe, perhaps figured out how to redo the dangling hemorrhoid on the rear without buying a tail tidy.

I just ordered the Yamaha Aluminum Radiator Side Covers. That should finish off the look well. 
So it's tail tidy time and then be patient and wait to see all the options for exhausts.
The Evotech rad guard is incoming. Careful with the Yamaha rad side covers, they might not fit with the Evotech rad guard installed.  The Euro forum has some notes on that.

Nothing a Dremel can't fix :D 
photo%202_2.jpg

photo%201_1.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
The Evotech rad guard is incoming. Careful with the Yamaha rad side covers, they might not fit with the Evotech rad guard installed.  The Euro forum has some notes on that.

Nothing a Dremel can't fix :D 

photo%201_1.jpg

Looks real nice. 

And I installed my Front LEDs [Which match the rear LEDS] and these have DRLs

photo.jpg
Did those come with the fender eliminator kit from ebay?

Keep on keepin' on!

Painted the heel guards, passenger pegs, exhaust heat shield, and frame covers. Also added some bar end mirrors.

xbL7EtU.jpg

HW59jyc.jpg

MHSuUvm.jpg

• Like 4

And I installed my Front LEDs [Which match the rear LEDS] and these have DRLs

photo.jpg
Those are sweet! I need to get me a pair of those LEDs.

Ebay link is in my build thread. Just ask and he will send the 3 wire leds for the same price

I love the painting you did. Looks like it should have come like that from the factory

Ebay link is in my build thread. Just ask and he will send the 3 wire leds for the same price 
I love the painting you did. Looks like it should have come like that from the factory
How much did u pay for 'em? Is it 70something for the package?

Keep on keepin' on!