Cruizin

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Do you have to unzip the tank bag every time you put gas in the tank???

Ha, I kid! I like that type of tank bag. It comes off quick and easy, not too big, not too small and looks nice enough. Hate to ask but could/would you get a pic of it from the side and level with it? I would like to see how big a gap there is between the bag and the tank and how it looks from that view. Thanks for any help!

You've got it. The fore/aft position is adjustable by a few inches during installation. I did it pretty much in the middle.

fzside.jpg

Edited by tavisb

20 hours ago, tavisb said:

You've got it. The fore/aft position is adjustable by a few inches during installation. I did it pretty much in the middle.

fzside.jpg

Thanks, perfect, that's the one I was looking for!

I ran out of gas for the first time in almost 10 years. Right on the freeway too.

Got off on a downhill exit, rolled for a while, as I was downhill for about 3 miles.

Started pushing, and actually pushed right by a cop in a speed trap, I got a weird look, I said "Hey I'm not speeding", his response "let me check (Looks at radar gun, nods head) "Nope, you are not speeding"

Finally parked it, walked a mile to the gas station, filled a Snapple bottle with .44 cents of petrol and sheleped back to the bike.

Pro tip, use a Snapple bottle or two for gas transport, way way cheaper than the $20 Jerry cans they sell at gas stations.

Comical..... but hey I got a nice morning walk in.

Nothing, but the parts I ordered came in today and I plan on posting about it when I get it all installed, though this may take a while as I'm lazy.

3 hours ago, botticelli said:

I ran out of gas for the first time in almost 10 years. Right on the freeway too.

Got off on a downhill exit, rolled for a while, as I was downhill for about 3 miles.

Started pushing, and actually pushed right by a cop in a speed trap, I got a weird look, I said "Hey I'm not speeding", his response "let me check (Looks at radar gun, nods head) "Nope, you are not speeding"

Finally parked it, walked a mile to the gas station, filled a Snapple bottle with .44 cents of petrol and sheleped back to the bike.

Pro tip, use a Snapple bottle or two for gas transport, way way cheaper than the $20 Jerry cans they sell at gas stations.

Good advice! And glad the cop had a good sense of humor. 

7 hours ago, Duke said:

Switched out the old eBay windscreen for another eBay one!

I personally like this new Pare-brise style windscreen as I feel it matches the lines from the headlight more. The previous one was too sharp and had that odd gap in the very front.

IMG_20180417_152434.jpg

IMG_20180417_152451.jpg

IMG_20180417_152508.jpg

I've been curious about these. Do you have any pictures from a distance? Side shots or head-on?

15 hours ago, botticelli said:

Ha! Other than the walk it sounds like you met a cool cop also.  >  "Let me check."

I just took a test ride after installing the new chain and sprockets. I love that new chain feeling. PSA: Replace your chain guide when it's worn because I didn't and had to paint a few spots on the swing arm. Next on the agenda, buy some new rubber.

152408446936642546704.jpg

30 minutes ago, superfishal said:

I just took a test ride after installing the new chain and sprockets. I love that new chain feeling. PSA: Replace your chain guide when it's worn because I didn't and had to paint a few spots on the swing arm. Next on the agenda, buy some new rubber.

What sprockets & chain did you use? links?

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I picked up my wheels with new Road 5's on them.  

Good for you, anything to report? I got my pirelli Angel ST's mounted and balanced today, 35 miles so nothing to report so far, although they do feel a lot better than the PR3's that were on there for 9,600 miles and (18/14) front (Week/year) and (20/14) rear almost exactly 4 years since date of manufacture. I did notice after I got home the the weights to balance the wheel were not close to the centre of the wheel, they look a little weird in the location they are in.?ui=2&ik=0e71baf69f&view=att&th=162daa39

Edited by fzar