Cruizin

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

14 minutes ago, Spanglo said:

Got an email from Hordpower yesterday that the airbox is back in stock. 😀  Sent in the ECU today for flashing.

welcome to the club 😎

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, br4nd0n said:

Care to elaborate on this FZ-09 Akra mod? I am quite interested in what you did.

more details here:

It's pretty self explanatory though. Go to bike shop, ask for akra tip for the 09 (60USD ish), Cut 1/2 inch off the end where it would normally mate with the inner exhaust pipes on the akra, fasten retaining screw and enjoy. 2 minutes with a zip disk cutter and I was done. Sounds great and moves more air than a drilled/cut 07 tip

Edited by topazsparrow

Installed woodcraft rearsets today. Installation was easier then I thought. Also switch to full synthetic for the oil. The woodcraft rearsets just made me like my bike  so much more. I feel like I’m sitting on my old cbr 600. I’m def happy with it

D43D4450-831C-4B7B-9044-C440B7359B53.jpeg

C633AC43-B40E-43E7-A07C-0D70D3FC1DE1.jpeg

Yesterday I, or I should say DewMan, installed some running lights on my bike. They are the BikeVis V2 Motorcycle Running Lights in white, amber and red. The whites and amber's were installed on the side/top, radiator cover with the white pointing straight ahead and the amber's turned outward at about 10 deg. so that people to the side can see them as well as from the front. The reds of course were mounted at the rear. I did buy the modulators that make them glint and they work great, you just can't tell from photos and the photos don't do the lights justice either, they are much brighter to the naked eye. Not going to lie, it took a few hours to install them all but that's including the time it took just to decide on the best places to mount them and splicing into existing wire. A two light job shouldn't take very long at all, especially the reds.

https://www.bikevis.com/

1.JPG

2.JPG

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Yesterday I, or I should say DewMan, installed some running lights on my bike.

You chose the locations and mounted the lights, I just helped by routing the wires and crimped on some connectors. ☺️

They're looking nice and bright. 👍

I like your choice of locations, especially the reds. They give just a little under glow as well as being bright marker lights. They appear to give you twice the rear facing light of just the tail light alone which should be great for night time riding. We chose to add the rear facing reds to the tag light circuit, since it was already spliced for the tail tidy, instead of brake circuit for always on visibility.

Adding a second set of the reds and tying them into the brake light circuit would definitely be considered for my bike since my hard cases limit the off-center visibility  of the brake light.

Does anyone know of where I can get Y splitter cables with factory Yamaha connectors for the tail light?

I like how bright they are for how small they are. They're more than noticeable during the day. They're no wider than an actual bullet, approximately the diameter of a  .223/5.56 bullet case and less than an inch long. The wire comes straight out of the bottom but not centered on the base so hole placement is critical for proper location mounting. Luckily they come with templates you can cut out and tape in location to assist in getting the off center hole drilled in just the right location.

Edited by DewMan

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

1.JPG

Nice picture of the effect of the lights, thinking of doing something similar and attaching them to my T-rex frame-sliders.Are your front turn signal not running (drl)?. I see you installed the chinese rad-guard also,I got the same 1 from china not installed yet. I'll have to straighten it out seeming as it came to me bent in a couple of places. I mean what am I to do? Return a $20 piece to China. 

Edited by fzar