Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

mossrider
Just now, shinyribs said:

Anyone gotta sparre.

They're about $65 plus shipping from parts whoever if you're in a hurry.

If you're done riding for the season and in no particular hurry I can get the one off my blown motor at my dyno guys and send it to you for shipping, $20ish. Prolly be a month or so tho. 

Up to you.

• Thanks 1

shinyribs
2 hours ago, bugsinteeth said:

how long did the engine run after the oil fell out ?

Moments. I'll explain right below....

1 hour ago, 1tondriver said:

Glad the back tire didn’t get a high speed oil wash and put you down! I had a buddy blow off an oil filter going 85mph and let’s just say it didn’t turn out to good for him. Count your blessings 🙏

The whole back end of the bike is soaked with oil, along with the back of my jacket and helmet! After the rock kicked up the back end slid out, but my first thought was busted tire or bent rim/deflated tire. Then the oil light came on and I knew what had happened. Hit the kill switch and coasted off the road. Left foot is sore from slamming it down to catch the bike in the skid, but I had on GOOD boots with solid ankle support., so not too bad. 

The busted pan sucks, but I'm mostly worried about the crushed oil filter. Who knows what filtered debris may have been released due to that :( 

• Like 1

shinyribs
1 hour ago, mossrider said:

They're about $65 plus shipping from parts whoever if you're in a hurry.

If you're done riding for the season and in no particular hurry I can get the one off my blown motor at my dyno guys and send it to you for shipping, $20ish. Prolly be a month or so tho. 

Up to you.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate that. 

Yeah, none currently on ebay, but Partzilla has them for about $68. So it's not horribly expensive.

I've thumped this pan on a couple nasty speedbumps. I'm considering rebuilding the sump from 1/8" aluminum plate and maybe taking it up an inch from ground clearance. Haven't had a chance to really devise a plan yet, but the pickup looks pretty high up in there and losing an inch of sump depth would only amount to ounces of oil capacity . Probably not even a  cup. 

fzar
5 hours ago, shinyribs said:

As the beloved Tank Girl would say: " Pa-pa-pa-Pow!"

Tight curvy road, heavy fog at night. Never saw the rock until it was too late. Front tire kicked it up and the oil pan just shattered. Anyone gotta spare laying around? lol

COLZedJl.jpg

Uxw4K5hl.jpg

WaJBabvl.jpg

A buddy brought me the rock for a souvenir lol. Quart can for size and can still see the aluminum embedded on the surface. 

qcOdFgOl.jpg

VUKA3UAl.jpg

Glad your Okay, parts are.. well just parts. We can replace them. Nice rock by the way, its a keeper. @shinyribs 

• Thanks 1

bugsinteeth

reason I asked is because if it ran much at all, you very well may have bearing problems....

check your bearings.....

mossrider

Found 11 of these in the back corner of the internet, cleaned out his remaining supply for about $6/apiece,

IMG_20191106_072023.thumb.jpg.da914c47b9d8ab0cda3eea72ef7c63d0.jpg

I haven't had any trouble with the 8's but at least now I can try 9's so I know what's what.