The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

NRWhiteKnight

@JayMT07. lol Sorry, meant 5' 7.5"   I am over 7 feet tall after I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

@NRWhiteKnight Lol. That's perfect. I'm 5'7" and have been looking at that screen for a few weeks now. I might have to pull the trigger on one for longer trips. Thanks. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

NRWhiteKnight

@JayMT07 Got mine at Revzilla. Took about a week to get as they have a 2 to 4 day lead time.

puig_winds_new_generation_touring_yamaha
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Touring on a naked motorcycle has often meant getting beaten up by the wind blast, until now. Take back the road with this premium windscreen!

Edited by NRWhiteKnight
added the "4".

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member
On 5/14/2019 at 4:21 PM, fzar said:

The grommets are where the lines are held  in the lower triple tree and then there's 1 on the left side front fender and in the middle on top of the front fender. They supplied the rear grommet to replace the OEM, but none for the front. I called motorsport.com and they told me to return what I have and they are sending me a new set of front lines with the grommets, as they said that'll be the fastest way, without going back to Galfer and having me wait. Maybe I'll end up with another package with no grommets !!! but it's on Galfers part list, so I asked. https://galferusa.com/static/files/downloads/D879OEM Instructions.pdf 

They arrived today, complete package, grommets included. Time to get busy installing them.

dirtsampler

What did I do to my FZ-07 today? I took pictures of it so I could find it a new home. 😆

IMG_0170 - Edited.jpg

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, dirtsampler said:

What did I do to my FZ-07 today? I took pictures of it so I could find it a new home. 😆

IMG_0170 - Edited.jpg

Why you letting such a good looking bike go?

• Like 1

Beemer

TheAbhartach

Installed TST integrated tail light. Very happy with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheAbhartach said:

Installed TST integrated tail light. Very happy with it.

I have the clear, it is a bad-ass looking taillight and it performs equally well!

Beemer

dirtsampler
On 5/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Beemer said:

Why you letting such a good looking bike go?

It deserves to be ridden, and with two kids that participate in travel sports, there is just no time right now (nor for the foreseeable future). Plus, the extra cash could help in that aspect as well (checked the price tag on a really good baseball bat recently; yikes! 😬). Hoping to find someone who appreciates it as much as I have.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dirtsampler said:

It deserves to be ridden, and with two kids that participate in travel sports, there is just no time right now (nor for the foreseeable future). Plus, the extra cash could help in that aspect as well (checked the price tag on a really good baseball bat recently; yikes! 😬). Hoping to find someone who appreciates it as much as I have.

Got it and I do understand about the baseball bat, I'd bought one a couple years back just for kicks at batting cages but ended up returning it because it hit me, what have I done?!! I then returned it to Dick's and continued using 'their' crappy, rental bats.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Gave her a loving pet as I hopped in my friends truck.... 

I'm at Phoenix comicon this weekend, and won't be riding her at all

Though next weekend I've got some goodies to put on her

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I put the battery booster from my truck into the storage box in the bike (cables are in my bag that's always with me).  Had a rough start the other night. Took three attempts. Everything seems fine now, though. 

IMG_2156.jpg

Instagram: @jayparrington 

njdevils1990

Just made the final payment and paid off the last $5,400 of my loan on the bike. Making this the 3rd of the 5 bikes I've had that I actually own and the 1st of the 3 bikes I've taken a loan out that I own officially now! Only took a year and 7 months roughly and 21,000 riding miles.

• Like 4

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

Just made the final payment and paid off the last $5,400 of my loan on the bike. Making this the 3rd of the 5 bikes I've had that I actually own and the 1st of the 3 bikes I've taken a loan out that I own officially now! Only took a year and 7 months roughly and 21,000 riding miles.

Gratz dude

That feeling is just wonderful isn't it?

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

njdevils1990
4 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Gratz dude

That feeling is just wonderful isn't it?

It absolutely is wonderful!

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Wintersdark
On 5/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, NRWhiteKnight said:

@JayMT07 Got mine at Revzilla. Took about a week to get as they have a 2 to 4 day lead time.

puig_winds_new_generation_touring_yamaha
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Touring on a naked motorcycle has often meant getting beaten up by the wind blast, until now. Take back the road with this premium windscreen!

Just wanted to chip in here if anyone is interested in this windshield, but is cheap like me and doesn't want to shell out $138 USD (which is like $800 CDN) and doesn't mind adorning their bike with only the finest Chinesium:

20190525_155430.thumb.jpg.ea3f1deb6a2c76d81f7148dd8549d5bc.jpg

This is $40 CDN with free shipping on eBay here (sticker not included): 

s-l1000.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ABS Windshield WindScreen + Bolts Bracket For Yamaha MT-07 FZ-07 2018-2019 Smoke at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping...

Ok, windshield savings aside, today's do!

Dug out the Morgan Carbtune Pro, checked throttle body sync.  All was good, which is very good because I have absolutely no idea how I'd reach the adjuster screw on the right side throttle body.  I pulled off the fairings (which turned out to be unnecessary for checking anyways) but even with releasing the tank, I wasn't able to get a straight shot at that with the screwdriver without actually disconnecting the tank... which clearly isn't feasible when the bike is running.  All the guides show it done with earlier models, and I suspect things are set up a bit differently here, as moving the tank off to one side somewhat wasn't doing it for me.  Fortunately, all was pretty decent, so no adjustment was necessary.

• Like 1

Wintersdark

Aaaaand wrapped up the weekend setting up my rear shock preload as I'd never actually done that.  Was still at its stock setting of 4, which led to tremendous sag with my 300lb rear on it.  Cranked it up to 7, and man, does it ever feel tighter in corners now.  Didn't even know anything was wrong as my previous bikes where all 30+ years old - it was already the best suspension on a bike I've owned.  Ordered a Black Widow exhaust (230mm, Blue tip, carbon fiber) because sexy and really reasonably priced, too.  All in all, a good day for the MT.

Edited by Wintersdark

Also installed the Puig windscreen this weekend. Anyone else ever notice some rattle from the assembly afterwards?

Seems like the side bolts on the headlight assembly at tight but feel like the whole thing is lose

• Premium Member

I installed SS brake lines front and rear, I really wished I had the vacuum brake bleeder thing for the front. The difference in braking is very noticeable up front its way better, the rear ,not so much of a difference. I don't know what it was I was expecting from the rear, but I'm okay with it being the way it is as I have a 2015 no ABS FZ and I don't want to be locking up the back wheel with barely a touch. So it's all good.

• Like 1

tangodelta3
3 hours ago, rcubed3 said:

Also installed the Puig windscreen this weekend. Anyone else ever notice some rattle from the assembly afterwards?

Seems like the side bolts on the headlight assembly at tight but feel like the whole thing is lose

Mine has the Puig windscreen and it is rock solid. However, I didn’t install it the previous owner did. Also, to contribute to the thread, I installed OES frame sliders today. 

Edited by tangodelta3

SS brake lines this weekend. I noticed the same thing, front is markedly different, rear not a whole lot of changes. It was time to change the fluid anyway.

Rebuilt forks and installed the gold valves. Definately worth the low price point. Front end dive is more controllable and it is still somewhat soft on bumps but tracks better in the turns. Rear is still garbage but for a commuter until the T7 comes out, i'm good with it.

Also finished up sliders on front so all the way around now. Picking up a subcage for 100 from a coworker tommorrow. 

IMG_20190527_174145837_HDR.jpg

phanomenal07
18 hours ago, Redempire said:

SS brake lines this weekend. I noticed the same thing, front is markedly different, rear not a whole lot of changes. It was time to change the fluid anyway.

Rebuilt forks and installed the gold valves. Definately worth the low price point. Front end dive is more controllable and it is still somewhat soft on bumps but tracks better in the turns. Rear is still garbage but for a commuter until the T7 comes out, i'm good with it.

Also finished up sliders on front so all the way around now. Picking up a subcage for 100 from a coworker tommorrow. 

IMG_20190527_174145837_HDR.jpg

You have a link to those valves

Wintersdark

What SS brake line package are people using?  Is there a decent reasonably priced option?

Wut I did today....  Well, I started with this:

ju16sIC.jpg

And ended with this:

pG7YWRv.jpg

An observation on the Black Widow install:  Holy crap, is it ever a lot lighter than the stock exhaust system.  That thing is ridiculously heavy.  Sadly, I didn't finish up until 10:30pm, and felt I'd be best off not getting off on the wrong foot with the neighbors just yet, so the test ride and initial startup will have to wait till tomorrow.  It was a fun change, and pretty easy too.  Beats the hell out of swapping exhaust systems on an inline 4!