The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

(Thursday) Washed, clean/lube chain, check tires, fluids, and chain alignment.  All good!  RE-installed Dart Manta flyscreen to make sure she was ride ready for a dr appointment yesterday.  Dr was ~ 100 miles away.  Ride was great, thought I was going to run out of gas on the ride home (~24 miles into F-trip).  I should have installed that fuel bottle already, but have been lazy about it.  Time to get myself into gear and get the parts to install and sort out a few other items as well.

• Like 1

Finally got my ECU flashed, and rode it last week. Its one of the best mod for our bikes, its worth the wait and money. Sending it back to Nels when i get my Black Window exhaust next week. 

53354676_111182966558807_1750686906855333786_n.jpg

• Like 6

njdevils1990

Did 7,000 miles today since 4 February 2019. Current average this year is 113 miles per day since 4 February. Average right now since the day I picked the bike up from the dealer (2 November 2017) is 13 miles per day. My goal is to put another 18,000 miles on the bike by new year's eve.

• Like 1

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

I'm annoyed... I tried to flash my ECU again yesterday, and now FTECU is telling me I have to buy a license.  It updated itself, and now it thinks I have a new ECU.  =(

TheRedEagle

I bought a whole gang of stuff for my bike. I have been a poor college student for the majority of the time owning my FZ so now that I have a real job paying real money I can afford the hobby.

I bought (parts list to follow): Toce full system Razor tip exhaust, TST integrated tail light (smoked lens), rear signals (BL6 smoked), fender eliminator, and a license plate light, and I picked up Front Proton 500 signals from High Tech Speed.

I cant wait to get all of this on my baby this weekend. The ECU Flash is the next thing to be done, and then probably a full protection package from T-Rex racing.

Parts list:

system__85387.1504634359.380.380.jpg?c=2
TOCEPERFORMANCE.COM

The Yamaha FZ07 Razor Tip Full Exhaust System from Toce Performance is a dyno & race proven system, packed with Toce's...
TSTINDUSTRIES.COM

This brand new TST Industries taillight system for the 2015+ Yamaha R3 installs in minutes with ease and moves your signals...
TSTINDUSTRIES.COM

Sleek and stealthy LED pod signal bundle by TST Industries. Plug and play installation to make your Yamaha look great.
TSTINDUSTRIES.COM

Do away with your bulky fender and replace it with this one of a kind adjustable fender eliminator and elegant aluminum closeout.
TSTINDUSTRIES.COM

This universal unique system is designed to illuminate your motorcycle plate with very little bulk while adding style to your...

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:48 AM, vitaltears said:

Finally got my ECU flashed, and rode it last week. Its one of the best mod for our bikes, its worth the wait and money. Sending it back to Nels when i get my Black Window exhaust next week. 

53354676_111182966558807_1750686906855333786_n.jpg

Can I ask what type of Belly Pan you have?

20 minutes ago, RIP said:

Can I ask what type of Belly Pan you have?

Ermax belly pan.

• Like 1

njdevils1990

I saved $800/year and got much better coverage by switching my motorcycle insurance from Progressive ($1,145/year) to Rider Insurance ($390/year) I paid my Progressive policy off for the year back in November and canceled it yesterday after buying the Rider policy and got $650 back for what I didn't use. So basically that just paid for my insurance for the next two years.

• Like 2

308144.png

20 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

I saved $800/year and got much better coverage by switching my motorcycle insurance from Progressive ($1,145/year) to Rider Insurance ($390/year) I paid my Progressive policy off for the year back in November and canceled it yesterday after buying the Rider policy and got $650 back for what I didn't use. So basically that just paid for my insurance for the next two years.

Is that a true apples-to-apples though? Just by changing liability, I can get my progressive anywhere from $50-$120 per month for all the same collision and deductible

njdevils1990
42 minutes ago, cyow5 said:

Is that a true apples-to-apples though? Just by changing liability, I can get my progressive anywhere from $50-$120 per month for all the same collision and deductible

My policy through Progressive was $95/month or $1,145/year and now through Rider Insurance it's $32.50/month equivalent or $390/year. My coverage is much better now too with a maxed out policy of $100,000/$300,000 for liability and under/un-insured and $250/comp. and $50/collision deductible. Through Progressive I had $15,000/$30,000 liability, $20,000/$40,000 under/un-insured and $375 deductible for comp. & collision. The collision premium is what really makes Progressive so expensive as just the premium for that was $750/year everything else is a little more expensive than Rider.

• Like 1

308144.png

34 minutes ago, njdevils1990 said:

My policy through Progressive was $95/month or $1,145/year and now through Rider Insurance it's $32.50/month equivalent or $390/year. My coverage is much better now too with a maxed out policy of $100,000/$300,000 for liability and under/un-insured and $250/comp. and $50/collision deductible. Through Progressive I had $15,000/$30,000 liability, $20,000/$40,000 under/un-insured and $375 deductible for comp. & collision. The collision premium is what really makes Progressive so expensive as just the premium for that was $750/year everything else is a little more expensive than Rider.

I have Rider insurance as well - I had never heard of them until I was signing the paperwork at the dealership. I brought a few quotes with me, they recommended I call Rider up for a quote so I did. After going through everything, the woman said "everything comes to $390." I said "uh...per month?" "No, that's for the whole year"

I was amazed haha. I ended up paying for the whole year up front, but they also mentioned that you can drop the liability and collision during the winter months when you aren't riding and they send you a rebate. It really is a much better deal than anything I've seen from Geico, Progressive, Allstate, etc.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 7fold said:

but they also mentioned that you can drop the liability and collision during the winter months when you aren't riding and they send you a rebate. 

This is actually true of most insurance; they just keep that very, very quiet. I only keep comprehensive and usually raise the deductible. Some companies offer "storage insurance" which is just a pre-packaged version of the same thing. However, these may be a violation of your agreement with the lienholder if you are making payments, so look into this first. Another note - simply rolling your bike back and forth and then dropping it or running it into something would fall under "collision" and would not be covered. Same for any other number of freak accidents like bumping the starter in gear (I have a car that doesn't have a clutch switch, haha). 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, cyow5 said:

simply rolling your bike back and forth and then dropping it or running it into something would fall under "collision" and would not be covered. Same for any other number of freak accidents like bumping the starter in gear (I have a car that doesn't have a clutch switch, haha).  

I don't think I'd risk the rise in policy cost from submitting a claim for some fell over in the garage minimal damage anyway. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Wasn't exactly today, but this past weekend. Did a fender delete (Vagabond Motorsports), replaced the taillight with an integrated LED unit (Motodynamic), replaced the front turn signals with LEDs (Proton 500), and the headlight & running lights with LEDs (Beamtech, Yorkim). Cleans up the look quite nicely, and the brightness of the LEDs is great. LED headlight was a pain in the ass to install though.

IMG_17231.jpg

• Like 5

Rear stand arrived. Really happy with the purchase. Feels very solid and stable. Looking forward to the next chain clean.

aOh5vo8.jpg

For anybody in NZ, get in touch with House of Custom for something similar.

Edited by mule
  • Like 2

Picked up some stainless / rubber straps from the Marine Supply and got that 30oz fuel bottle installed.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Should be easy enough to get at when needed.

20190412_120929.jpg

20190412_122343.jpg

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
6 hours ago, tavisb said:

No chance of that, tinted acrylic held on with Velcro :).

make it yourself?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

njdevils1990

Almost today (~23:30 last night) I rolled the bike over 18,000 miles (28,968 km) also managed to get the best mpg out of my tank so far of 75 mpg over 165 miles (265 km).

• Like 1

308144.png

2 hours ago, tavisb said:

Amazon.com. I'd post a link but I don't think it's listed anymore. 

I don't know if this is made by the same people but it's made with acrylic and it didn't mention how it was held on. I'm leery about it because under 'package contents' all it says is 1 cover, no mention of Velcro or anything. Maybe that's easily remedied with some store bought Velcro and some good glue. Anyway, here it is if anyone wants one. Edit: I went back to look at it again and found within in the multiple pictures on the left, one picture that shows some gel looking round things with what looks like sticky back paper on the back side so that's probably their solution for holding it in place. 

https://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-Motorcycle-Speedometer-Instrument-Protection/dp/B07QGK8WV9/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=acrylic%2Bdisplay%2Bcover%2BYamaha%2BFZ-07&qid=1555248232&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Strenco-Adhesive-Black-Sticky-Fastener/dp/B00FQ937NM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=31NK02FT4EVL8&keywords=velcro+kit&qid=1555248849&s=gateway&sprefix=velcro+ki%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-5

• Like 1

Beemer