Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Recommended Posts

njdevils1990
3 hours ago, sorkyah said:

was it at least the good stuff....

did you get the blue box or the imitation

It was neither, Mad Macs in Newark, DE.


2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208MT07

Got my Ermax screen installed today. 

IMG_20190205_181109026.jpg

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blitz6804
58 minutes ago, 208MT07 said:

Got my Ermax screen installed today.

 

Your Ermax is wider than mine was... I'm jealous.  =\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheAbhartach

Strapped on my new Kriega US-20 Drypack and commuted to work via bike for the first time ever. That bag is a black hole and I love it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990

I just got my bike back from a short stay at the dealer for a new set of Michelin Road 5s. These tires feel great in general and in the rain as well (started to rain after I left the dealer). I only did a short ~25 mile ride but they'll be well broken in by the weekend.

rps20190207_201208.jpg

rps20190207_201312.jpg

rps20190207_201348.jpg

  • Like 3

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RIP

I added a R&G Radiator Guard today......it think it looks pretty good to

 

rg_racing_radiator_guard_yamaha_fz07_tit
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Corrosion-resistant aluminum radiator guards serve to prevent stones, bugs and other debris from causing damage or decreasing system performance.

 

 

20190207_171436.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990

In about 3 hours I'm about to go on my first ride this year for our Polar Bear Grand Tour group my dad and a few family friends are in. I missed the first 15 rides but I'll be able to make them up, and plan on doing so by the deadline of the 13 or 20 April. That'll be a nice way to add at least 1,000 miles (1,600 km) to the bike.

  • Like 1

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990

Nice day for a ride too, about 35°F (1 2/3°C) out right now. I'll put a couple hundred miles/kilometers on the bike I'm sure. Plus I'll be doing a good bit of riding tomorrow as well before it snows.


2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phanomenal07
10 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

In about 3 hours I'm about to go on my first ride this year for our Polar Bear Grand Tour group my dad and a few family friends are in. I missed the first 15 rides but I'll be able to make them up, and plan on doing so by the deadline of the 13 or 20 April. That'll be a nice way to add at least 1,000 miles (1,600 km) to the bike.

I been thinking about taking a trip with the polar bear club for awhile now. Just never got around to it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blitz6804
On 2/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, njdevils1990 said:

I just got my bike back from a short stay at the dealer for a new set of Michelin Road 5s. These tires feel great in general and in the rain as well (started to rain after I left the dealer).

 

What tires did they replace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990
1 hour ago, Blitz6804 said:

 

What tires did they replace?

I had the Bridgestones on there from the factory. I got Michelin Road 5s put on.


2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990
2 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

I been thinking about taking a trip with the polar bear club for awhile now. Just never got around to it

It's definitely worth it just Google search the "Polar Bear Grand Tour" and they are the first site that'll come up. You don't have to join to participate in rides but if you do it's $25/season and you can make up the rides you've missed like in my case by just taking a photo of you and/or your bike at the location or showing a receipt.


2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990

With currently 10,630 miles (17,107 km) I have made my current FZ-07 the one I've put the most miles on. My first 2015 FZ-07 I had to sell when I moved to Delaware in 2015 and got rid of it with 10,600 miles (17,059 km). How many other members have owned more than one FZ-07?

Edited by njdevils1990

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phanomenal07
13 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

I had the Bridgestones on there from the factory. I got Michelin Road 5s put on.

I also just got the pilot road 5. Replace pilot power2ct

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
njdevils1990
11 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

I also just got the pilot road 5. Replace pilot power2ct

The Road 5s kick ass. I just did a ~350 mile (~563 km) ride down to Lewes, DE to make up another ride for the Polar Bear Grand Tour and about 2/3 of the total ride was done with a steady snowfall. Longest time and distance I've ever ridden in the snow, there were no issues with traction as the roads were treated well and it just felt like a normal ride in the rain. Max temp was (according to the bike) 39°F (3.8°C) and lowest was 34°F (1.1°C). Just my toes got a little chilly and my right hand got really chilly as my heated glove doesn't work anymore.


2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current
 
308144.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phanomenal07
41 minutes ago, njdevils1990 said:

The Road 5s kick ass. I just did a ~350 mile (~563 km) ride down to Lewes, DE to make up another ride for the Polar Bear Grand Tour and about 2/3 of the total ride was done with a steady snowfall. Longest time and distance I've ever ridden in the snow, there were no issues with traction as the roads were treated well and it just felt like a normal ride in the rain. Max temp was (according to the bike) 39°F (3.8°C) and lowest was 34°F (1.1°C). Just my toes got a little chilly and my right hand got really chilly as my heated glove doesn't work anymore.

Funny you mention that. My heated gloves also crapped out on me. I sent them back to gerbing for repair

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sebastian

Finished converting my 2018 MT-07 reflector headlight to a projector HID headlight using Morimoto products. A lot of small things needed to be taken care of before you can get the final result, but it could be done and it was really worth it. Total cost was around $170. 

20190209_115055.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laben
5 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Finished converting my 2018 MT-07 reflector headlight to a projector HID headlight using Morimoto products. A lot of small things needed to be taken care of before you can get the final result, but it could be done and it was really worth it. Total cost was around $170. 

20190209_115055.jpg

any close ups of the light?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sebastian
9 hours ago, Laben said:

any close ups of the light?

Here you go. The angle eye is too bright that I had to dim a lot to show how it looks.

20190212_124354.thumb.jpg.2423af5a57904527637c609eead7d475.jpg20190212_124434.thumb.jpg.d19347b8674ac6d312bd18f3855e477d.jpg20190212_124424.thumb.jpg.671b69f674bbf01066db27ca557dd65c.jpg

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blitz6804

I just installed handlebar raisers... and that headlight is SICK @Sebastian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wintersdark

Cleaned, lubed, and adjusted chain.  She's been sitting for two weeks due to this BS polar vortex crap; -26C is too cold even for me to ride, but felt bad.  Two weeks without riding!  So long :(

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RojoRacing
22 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Finished converting my 2018 MT-07 reflector headlight to a projector HID headlight using Morimoto products. A lot of small things needed to be taken care of before you can get the final result, but it could be done and it was really worth it. Total cost was around $170. 

20190209_115055.jpg

what model projector did you go with?  I used a D2S 4.0 on mine.  I swear you picked the exact same shroud as mine as well.  I didn't bother with a halo because a motorcycle needs to run the head light any time it's ridden so it would drown out the halo anyways. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sebastian
19 hours ago, RojoRacing said:

what model projector did you go with?  I used a D2S 4.0 on mine.  I swear you picked the exact same shroud as mine as well.  I didn't bother with a halo because a motorcycle needs to run the head light any time it's ridden so it would drown out the halo anyways. 

 

I went with the Moromoto D2S Bi-Xenon projector, and the Apollo 3.0 shroud. My bulb in the picture is turned on, and you can still see the halo. I would say the halo is much more brighter than I expected. It is the way to go if you don't mind the extra work. Besides, the halo turns amber when I switch to high beam, but a lot dimmer. That's how i wired it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acevedo_corinne@yahoo.com

What do I do for my chain after it has started rusting? I haven't ridden it throughout the winter and now am in the process of cleaning it up/doing minor repairs. I tried using WD-40 to get the rust off, but I seemed to have just made it worse. The chain now looks mucked up and dirty and I'm not sure where to go from here. :'(  (2016 FZ-07)

Edited by acevedo_corinne@yahoo.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
e30kawi
1 hour ago, acevedo_corinne@yahoo.com said:

What do I do for my chain after it has started rusting? I haven't ridden it throughout the winter and now am in the process of cleaning it up/doing minor repairs. I tried using WD-40 to get the rust off, but I seemed to have just made it worse. The chain now looks mucked up and dirty and I'm not sure where to go from here. :'(  (2016 FZ-07)

How bad is the rust? You'll have to use some elbow grease, wire brush, and plenty of cloth rags to get it cleaned up.  

 

You won't be able to get all of the scarring from the surface rust off with more effort than it's worth. I like to use a Teflon spray, it seems to work pretty good as a cleaner and lubricant. You just have to stay ahead of the game to prevent the rust from getting horrible, but that's just part of the maintenance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.