Jump to content
Cruizin

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Recommended Posts

eskae3

Printed air filter brackets :-P 

 

0331181915a_HDR.thumb.jpg.c8398275fe33db0228569a77ef2ae609.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937

I had my son help me set the sag on my Nitron shock.  Now I just need it to not rain tomorrow so I can ride with it set correctly (it was great when it was set a bit to firm, if it is better I will be really impressed). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HARRY BALZAK

Ohlins fork cartridges and ohlins shock 

spiegler brake lines, HH pads and speed bleeders 

asv shorty levers 

arrow exhaust and ecu flash 

tst stalk front signals, tail tidy, integrated tail light and relay 

renthal ultra lows 

*Okay technically not all today but over the last two weeks 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

I found this laying around the garage (bought it in 17') and decided to put it on, with the help of DewMan (thank you!). Got the bar all cleaned up and lubed with some Lithium and installed the grip assy. Works nice, smooth as warm butter. In the past some people stated that it gave too much throttle too fast and didn't like it but I love this thing. I only noticed a very small difference between it and the stock grip assy. but what I notice I like a lot! I need an excuse to take a morning ride and enjoy it that much sooner so I'm going to Barney's of Brandon and buy some new riding boots. Maybe I'll start wearing them some time in 19', ha!

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C59NO2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyuzo

I turned around my handlebar mounts!

 

IMG_20180408_125219.thumb.jpg.4d66711d260e642e6398944385d9fe36.jpg

Edited by Kyuzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
guylee

Buddy and I got some new head light bulbs so we threw those in and I adjusted my head light. Such a massive improvement over stock. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zephyr
On 4/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, Kyuzo said:

I turned around my handlebar mounts!

 

IMG_20180408_125219.thumb.jpg.4d66711d260e642e6398944385d9fe36.jpg

 

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this, but I have to ask.  Why?

Really long arms?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift
On 04/04/2018 at 12:18 PM, eskae3 said:

Printed air filter brackets :-P

Cool! I bet that saved a few $$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

I rode it yesterday in our 11th fake season here in the PNW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
1 hour ago, r1limited said:

I rode it yesterday in our 11th fake season here in the PNW

Me too, now back to your regularly scheduled NW WA rain :(

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited
3 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Me too, now back to your regularly scheduled NW WA rain :(

PNW really messes with our heads man, its a vast season conspiracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
5 minutes ago, r1limited said:

PNW really messes with our heads man, its a vast season conspiracy

That is why my helmet is lined with tin foil.  Does not seem to help much...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5tonfan

Changed out the break fluid, wasn't too bad but was fun and needed to be done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyuzo
15 hours ago, Zephyr said:

 

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this, but I have to ask.  Why?

Really long arms?

:P 

I like distance but the angle of the my bars a little weird. Its a temporary thing to get a feel on travel. Got new mounts and new bars in mail.

Edited by Kyuzo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zephyr

I installed the K-Tech Lite shock.  Still; trying to figure out how to get the sag adjustment nut to turn, but I'm only 1cm out from where I should be so not too bad.  Went for a bit of a ride to get the rebound dialed in.  Initial verdict is "WOW"! 

 

I had begun to feel a bit underwhelmed with the bike's performance lately as the power seemed a bit sluggish and the bike felt unsure in corners like it couldn't settle on a driving line.  The sluggishness must have been the stock rear shock's inability to handle the power delivery and my weight, because now I can feel the rear wheel hooking up to the pavement and giving me back that "instant torque" feel that I was missing.  The bike now tracks true to the line that I give and bumps mid corner do not unsettle the bike and give me "pucker" syndrome.

 

Can't wait to take delivery of the forks kit by Matt and have the suspension fully settled.  PS.  You can't go wrong with Matt!  He has been top notch with me and his character has proven impeccable.  Highly recommend! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs
1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

now I can feel the rear wheel hooking up to the pavement and giving me back that "instant torque" feel that I was missing.  

I felt the same way when I swapped shocks. And I felt the same way again when I put a fresh tire on the back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jbone

Put full coverage back on it now that we are finally creeping out of cold temps and into consistent 60 degree plus weather. The one nice thing about not riding for 6 months out of the year is that you get that excited feeling when you get to pull it back out...almost like bringing the bike home for the first time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

walked outside and said

Sorry baby not today!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i28
1 hour ago, superfishal said:

After getting only 9 months of riding out of an aluminum sprocket, I'm going back to steel...and aluminum. I'm just waiting on the rivet master link. 

https://www.2wheel.com/supersprox-stealth-rear-sprockets.html 

https://www.2wheel.com/supersprox-front-sprockets.html

https://www.2wheel.com/d.i.d-520-pro-street-vx2-series-x-ring-chain.html

 

I almost ordered something from that site cause they had good prices but I ended up price matching elsewhere. Let me know how it goes once you get your items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
botticelli

Shredded Angeles Crest 3 times at lunch, used a whole tank of petrol....whoops.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan

Installed CRG Arrow mirrors.

 

I know I've previously stated I was fine with the OEM mirrors... and as far as being able to see, I was. That being said I'd never used bar end mirrors before. I just couldn't see how smaller mirrors could allow you to see better.

 

Until I rode @Beemer's bike which has the CRG hindsight mirrors.  Their slight convex field of view was better than OEMs and tucking my elbow wasn't required to see directly behind me as  needed with OEMs. The view was solid with no noticeable vibrations.

 

I was impressed. Impressed enough to order the CRG Arrows and mounts. I chose the Arrows since I preferred their slightly wider lens and more angular styling over the lollipop look of the Hindsights.

 

And I'm happy to lose the rabbit ears look too.  😁

 

Install took maybe 10 minutes and adjustment took another 5 minutes. A test drive for final tweaking of the angles was another 10 minutes. 

I'm still debating on if I want to get Rhinomoto bar ends. I think the Rhinos would look better but would limit me to keeping the OEM bars. And they're a bit pricey.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tavisb

Tank bag

 

 

MVIMG_20180415_113504.jpg

IMG_20180415_121240.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs
On 4/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, DewMan said:

Installed CRG Arrow mirrors.

 

I know I've previously stated I was fine with the OEM mirrors... and as far as being able to see, I was. That being said I'd never used bar end mirrors before. I just couldn't see how smaller mirrors could allow you to see better.

 

Until I rode @Beemer's bike which has the CRG hindsight mirrors.  Their slight convex field of view was better than OEMs and tucking my elbow wasn't required to see directly behind me as  needed with OEMs. The view was solid with no noticeable vibrations.

 

I was impressed. Impressed enough to order the CRG Arrows and mounts. I chose the Arrows since I preferred their slightly wider lens and more angular styling over the lollipop look of the Hindsights.

 

And I'm happy to lose the rabbit ears look too.  😁

 

Install took maybe 10 minutes and adjustment took another 5 minutes. A test drive for final tweaking of the angles was another 10 minutes. 

I'm still debating on if I want to get Rhinomoto bar ends. I think the Rhinos would look better but would limit me to keeping the OEM bars. And they're a bit pricey.

 

Thanks for pointing out that they are convex. That really makes a difference to me. I extended my stock mirrors and love how well they work. Best mirrors I ever had on a bike, but with the extension they move a bit now when I'm chugging the bike. Almost as annoying as the bunny ears look. I think I'll have to look in to these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

Love the tank bag! Whered you get that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.