The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

I had my son help me set the sag on my Nitron shock.  Now I just need it to not rain tomorrow so I can ride with it set correctly (it was great when it was set a bit to firm, if it is better I will be really impressed). 

HARRY BALZAK

Ohlins fork cartridges and ohlins shock 

spiegler brake lines, HH pads and speed bleeders 

asv shorty levers 

arrow exhaust and ecu flash 

tst stalk front signals, tail tidy, integrated tail light and relay 

renthal ultra lows 

*Okay technically not all today but over the last two weeks 

• Like 3

I found this laying around the garage (bought it in 17') and decided to put it on, with the help of DewMan (thank you!). Got the bar all cleaned up and lubed with some Lithium and installed the grip assy. Works nice, smooth as warm butter. In the past some people stated that it gave too much throttle too fast and didn't like it but I love this thing. I only noticed a very small difference between it and the stock grip assy. but what I notice I like a lot! I need an excuse to take a morning ride and enjoy it that much sooner so I'm going to Barney's of Brandon and buy some new riding boots. Maybe I'll start wearing them some time in 19', ha!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C59NO2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Beemer

Buddy and I got some new head light bulbs so we threw those in and I adjusted my head light. Such a massive improvement over stock. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, Kyuzo said:

I turned around my handlebar mounts!

IMG_20180408_125219.thumb.jpg.4d66711d260e642e6398944385d9fe36.jpg

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this, but I have to ask.  Why?

Really long arms?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I rode it yesterday in our 11th fake season here in the PNW

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, r1limited said:

I rode it yesterday in our 11th fake season here in the PNW

Me too, now back to your regularly scheduled NW WA rain :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Me too, now back to your regularly scheduled NW WA rain :(

PNW really messes with our heads man, its a vast season conspiracy

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
5 minutes ago, r1limited said:

PNW really messes with our heads man, its a vast season conspiracy

That is why my helmet is lined with tin foil.  Does not seem to help much...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this, but I have to ask.  Why?

Really long arms?

:P 

I like distance but the angle of the my bars a little weird. Its a temporary thing to get a feel on travel. Got new mounts and new bars in mail.

Edited by Kyuzo
  • Like 1

I installed the K-Tech Lite shock.  Still; trying to figure out how to get the sag adjustment nut to turn, but I'm only 1cm out from where I should be so not too bad.  Went for a bit of a ride to get the rebound dialed in.  Initial verdict is "WOW"! 

I had begun to feel a bit underwhelmed with the bike's performance lately as the power seemed a bit sluggish and the bike felt unsure in corners like it couldn't settle on a driving line.  The sluggishness must have been the stock rear shock's inability to handle the power delivery and my weight, because now I can feel the rear wheel hooking up to the pavement and giving me back that "instant torque" feel that I was missing.  The bike now tracks true to the line that I give and bumps mid corner do not unsettle the bike and give me "pucker" syndrome.

Can't wait to take delivery of the forks kit by Matt and have the suspension fully settled.  PS.  You can't go wrong with Matt!  He has been top notch with me and his character has proven impeccable.  Highly recommend! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

now I can feel the rear wheel hooking up to the pavement and giving me back that "instant torque" feel that I was missing.  

I felt the same way when I swapped shocks. And I felt the same way again when I put a fresh tire on the back. 

• Like 1

Put full coverage back on it now that we are finally creeping out of cold temps and into consistent 60 degree plus weather. The one nice thing about not riding for 6 months out of the year is that you get that excited feeling when you get to pull it back out...almost like bringing the bike home for the first time.

• Like 1

walked outside and said

Sorry baby not today!!!!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, superfishal said:

After getting only 9 months of riding out of an aluminum sprocket, I'm going back to steel...and aluminum. I'm just waiting on the rivet master link. 

https://www.2wheel.com/supersprox-stealth-rear-sprockets.html 

https://www.2wheel.com/supersprox-front-sprockets.html

https://www.2wheel.com/d.i.d-520-pro-street-vx2-series-x-ring-chain.html

I almost ordered something from that site cause they had good prices but I ended up price matching elsewhere. Let me know how it goes once you get your items.

• Premium Member

Shredded Angeles Crest 3 times at lunch, used a whole tank of petrol....whoops.

• Like 2

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member

Installed CRG Arrow mirrors.

I know I've previously stated I was fine with the OEM mirrors... and as far as being able to see, I was. That being said I'd never used bar end mirrors before. I just couldn't see how smaller mirrors could allow you to see better.

Until I rode @Beemer's bike which has the CRG hindsight mirrors.  Their slight convex field of view was better than OEMs and tucking my elbow wasn't required to see directly behind me as  needed with OEMs. The view was solid with no noticeable vibrations.

I was impressed. Impressed enough to order the CRG Arrows and mounts. I chose the Arrows since I preferred their slightly wider lens and more angular styling over the lollipop look of the Hindsights.

And I'm happy to lose the rabbit ears look too.  😁

Install took maybe 10 minutes and adjustment took another 5 minutes. A test drive for final tweaking of the angles was another 10 minutes. 

I'm still debating on if I want to get Rhinomoto bar ends. I think the Rhinos would look better but would limit me to keeping the OEM bars. And they're a bit pricey.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, DewMan said:

Installed CRG Arrow mirrors.

I know I've previously stated I was fine with the OEM mirrors... and as far as being able to see, I was. That being said I'd never used bar end mirrors before. I just couldn't see how smaller mirrors could allow you to see better.

Until I rode @Beemer's bike which has the CRG hindsight mirrors.  Their slight convex field of view was better than OEMs and tucking my elbow wasn't required to see directly behind me as  needed with OEMs. The view was solid with no noticeable vibrations.

I was impressed. Impressed enough to order the CRG Arrows and mounts. I chose the Arrows since I preferred their slightly wider lens and more angular styling over the lollipop look of the Hindsights.

And I'm happy to lose the rabbit ears look too.  😁

Install took maybe 10 minutes and adjustment took another 5 minutes. A test drive for final tweaking of the angles was another 10 minutes. 

I'm still debating on if I want to get Rhinomoto bar ends. I think the Rhinos would look better but would limit me to keeping the OEM bars. And they're a bit pricey.

Thanks for pointing out that they are convex. That really makes a difference to me. I extended my stock mirrors and love how well they work. Best mirrors I ever had on a bike, but with the extension they move a bit now when I'm chugging the bike. Almost as annoying as the bunny ears look. I think I'll have to look in to these.