The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I went to a technical riding and safety skills class today. We were practicing a sharp left from a dead stop. That is not easy to do! Didn't make it the first time but I'm totally ok.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Turned over 1,500 miles and had an OCD moment. Told myself I was going to change to full synthetic at 1,500 miles - after roaming the city for the better half of the afternoon, I ended up with a gallon of Rotella T6 5W40, 3 qts of Amsoil 10W40, and 3 qts of Motul 300V Factory Line 15W50.

I live in a super hot climate (it was 97 degrees at 9pm), so I decided on the Motul 300V Factory Line 15W50 :)

Gonna change it tomorrow :)

- Paulie

Dropped it and bent the clutch lever a little. Scuffed the peg, shifter, turn and clutch lever. F@#K! Ordering frame sliders.
:-[ 

• Global Moderator
Dropped it...
That really sucks, I know the feeling. Luckily it is all fixable. 

TwistedTorque
I went to a technical riding and safety skills class today. We were practicing a sharp left from a dead stop. That is not easy to do! Didn't make it the first time but I'm totally ok.
Better at the class than on the road. Now your bike has some character  8-)

PearlWhiteFZ
Ordered some OES frame sliders and fitted the front turn signals. Almost finished making the fender eliminator then I will install everything on the back. I'll put up a "how to" when i'm done seeing as everything has been done for around $30, that includes a tail tidy, all four turn signals, two license plate led lights and the proper connections to hook everything up, didn't want a hack job. 

xwNS5wC.jpg

Quick questions. Are those the ones on eBay, and are they still DRL up front?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Better at the class than on the road. Now your bike has some character  8-)
Yes it does. 8-) I am amazed at how much the lever bent. It is a compound bend. Since my bars were turned to the left, the lever took pretty much all the brunt. It is bent down and curled a bit out. It still works but it's kinda strange-looking. Since it still works ok, I may not replace it since I know aluminum doesn't want to bend twice. I wan't the only person to drop their bike; one guy on a HD dropped his twice.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

My lever was pretty bent too but I managed to bend it back and it looks pretty much normal again. You are right, aluminum does not like bending but worst case you can always buy an new one. They are not too expensive. Part number 5EB-83912-03-00.

Time to rename your bike: Scarface!  P-)

• Global Moderator

That sounds reassuring. I am still on the fence as far as sliders because I am afraid they look like two spare oil filters sticking. I don't want to ruin my nakedness.

• Global Moderator

I got my sliders two weeks before my bike arrived. The first thing I thought when I opened the box was "wow, these things are massive". However when I installed them they looked fine. I am very happy with them and hope to not put them to the test any time soon.

• Global Moderator
Hung out with a few different red bikes.

Yours is the best looking one without a doubt !
  • Like 1

wideopenallthetime

Made my own fender eliminator kit...15 bucks at autozone and about an hour and a half of work...not bad at all...I recommend leaving the plastic piece that covers the aluminum I cut it short enough to get it rigid and then mounted my plate to it...broke my phone in the driveway or I would post pics haha.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I've used a throttle rocker .. cruise control seems a bit scary.  Does it shut down with hand off of the throttle?
No, it doesn't shut down with hands off the throttle but you can easily grab the throttle and twist in either direction if the need ever occurs.  A simple rubber piece holds tension on the throttle handle.  You can easily adjust the tension as well with the turn of one nut.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
Not DRL no but im sure you could get an adaptor. I got them off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM4QY3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
You can't go wrong for the price and they work great, nice and bright.
Just bout these:). What relays flash elimator did you use by any chance?
I haven't messed with the fast flash yet as I haven't changed the rear over yet, but i'll just be changing the relay out, 10 bucks and its easy. Got up to 100 yesterday on the way to work to test the turn signals and they didn't budge.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

scordiaboy515

Waiting for my LED flasher/signal relay, took apart the fuel tank covers to see what was hiding in there. Was curious to see how functional the air inlets are.......trimmed away some plastic with my flush cuts and now they are fully functional.  Did a few other odds and ends, removed the plastic sleeves and the fork guards on the front end, much cleaner look.  Relay should be here by Thursday...........http://www.ebay.com/itm/180852014120?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Took my clutch lever off to straighten it after dropping the bike.  >:D
My bike fell on its right side and bent the brake lever. I'm using it as an excuse to upgrade to CRG RC2's in gold.
why not, right?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I put over 400 miles on my bike today to get a new pair of riding boots.  Rode all the way to the Tijuana border and back to Palm Springs, all mountains and backroads.  What were the chances that my mileage would be 1111 when I pulled in the driveway.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0248_zpsc7876adf.jpg

• Like 1

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I put over 400 miles on my bike today to get a new pair of riding boots.  Rode all the way to the Tijuana border and back to Palm Springs, all mountains and backroads.  What were the chances that my mileage would be 1111 when I pulled in the driveway. 
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0248_zpsc7876adf.jpg
Were those boots really worth that drive?

Dropped it and bent the clutch lever a little. Scuffed the peg, shifter, turn and clutch lever. F@#K! Ordering frame sliders.
Dang! That sucks. I should put a frame slider soon too.

Dude don't be sarcastic like that, putting our bike down, i mean it's not like it's slow...
Hung out with a few different red bikes. 
aLTPlxz.jpg

wvXYIXS.jpg

Did u smoke them with our superrrfast bike?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)