The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Took my clutch lever off to straighten it after dropping the bike.  >:D
I'm sorry for your loss  :'(

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Tightened up my throttle line, just tired of all the slop. Along with tightening the chain, bike is much less jerky.

njdevils1990
20140823_235131_zpswwcmdmln.jpg 
Repurposed an old backpack until I can afford a proper tank/tail bag.
I see a Buell logo. :)

Indeed it is! The bags are from a Blast.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Not really done to the bike but I got my new Joe Rocket hi viz jacket today. Fit is very nice and quick delivery from Revzilla

Not really done to the bike but I got my new Joe Rocket hi viz jacket today. Fit is very nice and quick delivery from Revzilla
Is it the one with an attached reflective vest that can zip into the back?  If so, it's the same one I have! 

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Not today, but got the cruise control installed a few days ago.  This is a must for anyone taking lengthy rides. 
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0235_zps8e8ab9b6.jpg

Who makes it, does it work decently.
Works beautifully, takes a little getting used to, as you have to learn to hold throttle steady while flipping leaver.  But works great for me.  I had this on my old Triumph (was on it when I bought it) and I will install one on every bike I own from here on out. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/25434/i/sound-off-recreational-universal-vista-cruise-control

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Who makes it, does it work decently.
I accidentally posted the wrong part previously.  I have the Vista Cruise.  I edited my previous post to reflect the proper web address.

• Global Moderator

I put my license plate on and picked up the Yamaha front cowl. It will go on this afternoon.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Turn signals arrived. Gonna make the fender eliminator tomorrow and get these on, Go Pro for scale.

1OtxtN0.jpg

On a side note it is pretty awesome seeing all these stock bikes get modified to suit the owners needs. There are some cool ideas out there.

• Like 1

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Is it the one with an attached reflective vest that can zip into the back?  If so, it's the same one I have!
No its the Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0, has hi viz across the shoulders and top of back. Wish it had more but after riding you can see it. The jacket vents pretty well for SW Ohio heat/humidity.

• Premium Member

Ordered some OES frame sliders and fitted the front turn signals. Almost finished making the fender eliminator then I will install everything on the back. I'll put up a "how to" when i'm done seeing as everything has been done for around $30, that includes a tail tidy, all four turn signals, two license plate led lights and the proper connections to hook everything up, didn't want a hack job.

xwNS5wC.jpg

• Like 2

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

rotaryryan24

Turned over 2000 on the odometer.
Haven't even made the first payment yet.
0376c83a40b54d6d007ad643aabe7862.jpg

• Like 1

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Not today, but got the cruise control installed a few days ago.  This is a must for anyone taking lengthy rides. 

I've used a throttle rocker .. cruise control seems a bit scary.  Does it shut down with hand off of the throttle?

Changed my oil and filter today, also got a 27 mm socket to adjust chain slack, will take it in to test throttle bodies, also was curious what I should set my preload to on the back spring, if I put it harder does that mean I'll feel less bumps on the road from the rear? I'm 175 lbs and 6 foot

Added cell buckle to the bars. A friend has one on his bike and works out pretty good. I'll report back when I have some first hand knowledge.

It was cheap, $15 at amazon and delivered in two days .

C14C8C57-F136-4E5F-8C48-4FC1EC3D61BE.jpg

Added cell buckle to the bars. A friend has one on his bike and works out pretty good. I'll report back when I have some first hand knowledge.  

That's awesome! Could you post or send me a link to this item on amazon?

On my Kawasaki Z750, I had my gps displaying the road in front of me (zoomed to about 100/200 feet). I loved to use it in the unknown twisties as I could read the angle and length of the turns just before I entered them. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Dropped it and bent the clutch lever a little. Scuffed the peg, shifter, turn and clutch lever. Fuck! Ordering frame sliders.

Illegitimi non carborundum