The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Stock headlight died after 18,500K miles or 22 months if anyone wanted to know... Just replaced it with the Cyclops 3800 lumen H4. What an upgrade!

• Like 4

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Just ordered a Seat Concepts kit in all carbon fiber and going to attempt the install myself. Any tips/tricks/lessons learned would be appreciated.
It'll take you five minutes. Its just two allen bolts. Easy peasy.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Just ordered a Seat Concepts kit in all carbon fiber and going to attempt the install myself. Any tips/tricks/lessons learned would be appreciated.
I think he means he bought the actual seat covering kit. Not a new already upholstered seat. 

• Premium Member
I think he means he bought the actual seat covering kit. Not a new already upholstered seat. 
Ah right...that makes sense. :P I didnt realize they sell the DIY kits.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Rode her to pick up my woodcraft clip-ons. Now I'm stuck at work and cannot install :(

• Like 1

Rounded the nut on the top shock bolt. Bummer. Somebody used thread lock in the past, so the nut will have to be split if I ever want to replace the shock.

• Global Moderator
Rounded the nut on the top shock bolt. Bummer. Somebody used thread lock in the past, so the nut will have to be split if I ever want to replace the shock.
Head to home depot or lowes
irwin sells a 5piece extractor set for around 25 bucks
i use em on a daily basis
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Yeah, it is just the foam and cover so you have to put it on the stock pan. 
Thanks for the vote of confidence on removing a seat though! ;p

• Global Moderator

@xtrapsi, I paid an upholsterer $30 to do mine but I did watch so now I am an expert. He had a pneumatic stapler and started by stapling the middle at the back and the front of the seat and then working around each side. It did not look too difficult and if I had a stapler I may have tried it myself. Good Luck.

• Like 1

Guest ksally

Took the baffle out of my akra carbon and jeebus it sounds so much meaner! Also dropped a seat off at the upholstery shop to get my own comfort seat made for those long rides between Vegas and Cali

Guest ChicagoAJ

Now my white shoes are safer! Best 99 cents on eBay I've spent in a while, lol.

wrclu9.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Linky?   I noticed some wear on the rubber shifter thingy that came with my rearsets, and one of those could make it last a lot longer. 

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest ChicagoAJ

Linky?   I noticed some wear on the rubber shifter thingy that came with my rearsets, and one of those could make it last a lot longer. 

If you want more color choices just search motorcycle shift sock. Might even find it cheaper too. Super tight fit, almost thought it wouldn't slip over the rubber on the shift lever. Link isn't posting right, just quote me and copy it from there.  

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281715766192&alt=web

• Premium Member

HAHA yeah...once again...didnt think/read that one through.  Oy vey! 

• Premium Member
If you want more color choices just search motorcycle shift sock. Might even find it cheaper too. Super tight fit, almost thought it wouldn't slip over the rubber on the shift lever. Link isn't posting right, just quote me and copy it from there. 
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281715766192&alt=web
Haha, nice! I've heard of shift socks that go ON the shoe, but this idea is even better... Don't need to slip it on and off!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Yup, practice safe shifting!  :P

Haha, nice! I've heard of shift socks that go ON the shoe, but this idea is even better... Don't need to slip it on and off!

• Like 1

HAHA yeah...once again...didnt think/read that one through.  Oy vey!
And those 1x1/4" crown staples just won't hold the seat down to the frame no matter how much pressure I fire 'em with,  

heehee, oi vey indeed. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

Finished my manometer! Went a little overboard with the nicer brass hose menders, but I couldn't help myself. If I'm going to do something I'm going to do it right and make it look decent. There's probably a DIY somewhere on this site for a manometer but I went ahead and made one in the Tech Tips section anyway. You can find it here

23sapsn.jpg

14aakpw.jpg

• Like 4

dentalprodigy
That looks like a great idea.  My shifter rubber part is starting to crack.  How long did this doodad take to arrive from Hong Kong?  

wrclu9.jpg

bmwpowere36m3
Nice… mine has worn a decent bit in just 1 riding season.  Personally I'd cut the piece going up the lever, but otherwise for 0.99 I'd buy a few.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Nice… mine has worn a decent bit in just 1 riding season.  Personally I'd cut the piece going up the lever, but otherwise for 0.99 I'd buy a few.
I was thinking about that, but then it might actually slide off after a few rides. I bought two, so I might try that. 

• Premium Member

Reinstalled my newly flashed ECU, started it up for a minute, then didn't get to ride it because I had a production deployment to coordinate :|

• Premium Member
Reinstalled my newly flashed ECU, started it up for a minute, then didn't get to ride it because I had a production deployment to coordinate :|
Very interested in your opinion on this whole reflash business.   
  • Like 1