The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Got replacement tires for stock. The new tires are Pirelli Angel GT and added additionally the Gilles Tooling Billet chain adjusters with spools in black. 8-)
Will provide a ride report with the new tires once I have a few miles on them.

[attachment id=1529" thumbnail="1]

• Like 2

Love to ride!

• Premium Member
Hydro-dipped my extra set of side panels 

Hello - this looks good! What supplier did you use and how much effort is it?

Love to ride!

Hydro-dipped my extra set of side panels 

Hello - this looks good! What supplier did you use and how much effort is it?

I didn't do it myself I had a local hydro-dipping business do it for me. It's next to impossible to do yourself without the proper equipment/chemicals/training etc. He charged me $400 and it was well worth it, the pictures really don't do it justice. They use kansas hydrographics film so you can see the different pattern options on their website. PM me if you want the contact info of the place that dipped them. 
  • Like 1

Switched to CRG brake and clutch levers.

I originally bought my silver/black ones to try and balance out the silver of the side panels and kickplates, but now that those pieces are black on my bike, the silver levers were looking a little too flashy and out of place. Plus they were a cheapo chinese brand and I didn't trust them since day one. They were just too flimsy and I was worried they were going to break any day.

CRG levers are much better. Very solid feel and they look great.

07dyuVS.jpg

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
Switched to CRG brake and clutch levers. 
I originally bought my silver/black ones to try and balance out the silver of the side panels and kickplates, but now that those pieces are black on my bike, the silver levers were looking a little too flashy and out of place. Plus they were a cheapo chinese brand and I didn't trust them since day one. They were just too flimsy and I was worried they were going to break any day.

CRG levers are much better. Very solid feel and they look great.

07dyuVS.jpg
What mirrors are those?  They look really nice...as do the levers. 
  • Like 1

@mjh937 Bike Master Oval Clamp-on Mirrors. They're ok, a bit on the cheap side but they're great for lanesplitting since they add very little to my bike's height and width.

• Like 2

OK, got my front Yamaha rim stickers on. Got "monster of torque" in Japanese made... BUT, it wouldn't stick to where I was trying to put it! Ugh... So had to come up with another place to stick it.

9998a1f609fad0a5df66d7ec2310bf27.jpg29bd09b1dfc4ebbeb38f8eaec27d75c5.jpg2cd51237c076dcdea704a9ad1c271aab.jpg9bb19bcc2e5e71d3b9c3b00da06f7834.jpg1de9c931c21eba778240d594437a067a.jpg712079128b97fea7902a27e3c1b79206.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member
Installed the exhaust when it came in. By far the easiest exhaust install I've done, love working on bikes!  
Quiet exhaust, wish it was a little louder but not going to deal with taking the db out. Waiting for the EJK to arrive.

I could just be crazy or extremely out of tune but it doesn't feel like it's running any worse. I do not get any popping on deccel and it runs through the rpms pretty smoothly, I find myself a lot happier to stay higher in revs now. Was that install easy because I did something absolutely wrong? I'm puzzled. Regardless, love the way it looks and sounds (on the quieter side), really the only reasons why I bought it.

zYNJLIg.jpg
Looks great!  As far as how it runs, I think the Akra Ti (with baffle) is one of the few that will actually run better even without a tune.  I think if you remove the baffle, you will get a dip in performance without a tune. 
  • Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Hubs and I cleaned and lubed the chains.

(Yes, that's what the kids call it these days)

• Like 7

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Hubs and I cleaned and lubed the chains. 
(Yes, that's what the kids call it these days)
The kids don't buy cool bikes like the FZ-07 these days, they buy scooters, or worse yet, call Uber. So I don't think they even have a term for "cleaned and lubed the chain".

oh... wait.. were you talking about the "Hubs" ref?  Ummm, never mind. :)

• Like 2

dentalprodigy

HAWK was absolutely filthy so I hosed it down and detailed it.  My first time washing a motorcycle.  Didn't do as good of a job but it's better than it was before (radiator guard still dirty amongst other areas). Used Chemical Guys - Max suds II (grape scent), with some detailing brushes, wheel wollies to clean the rims.  After cleaning it, I figured I'll clean + lubricate the chain as well.  Couldn't wait for amazon's shipment of Motul chain lube + chain clean so I just used Kerosene with one of those stiff brushes I bought at Home Depot.  I think I did a 1/2 a$$ job because my rag was still black and dirty after multiple applications + agitation with kerosene.  Lubed with Teflon spray lube I used for my road bicycle's derailleur+ chain.  I hope it should do the job.  It's this one http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/gear/product/liquid.silk.ptfe.lube.10.5oz.aerosol/553/38741/    But now my rims are dirty again from the lube+grime flinging off the chain when it was on rear stand.  

http://imgur.com/a/T1gU5
[/img]

• Like 1

• Premium Member
@jeckler , you forgot to put a fresh mix of 70:30 (N2:O2) into your tires - a local dive shop has canisters of the stuff, and fresh blinker fluid (AutoZone et. al) will help make those LEDs really pop.
Methane is the new nitrogen, and I have plenty of that. I got some blinker fluid from Kale Co Auto, but finding the reservoir was a bitch. I prevailed though, and finally located it behind and to the right of the Kuhneutson Valve. It was 3cc low.
  • Like 4

- Andy

• Premium Member

I put a new Shorai Lithium battery in, and lost 5 ugly pounds (well, technically 4 lbs 7oz, but close enough). :)

• Like 3

• Premium Member

oh yea... and I did something yesterday too, I swapped out a pair of old faded China made levers for a new set of Pazzo IFX Candy levers in Liguid Smoke. Even though the levers I replaced worked fine, the black anodization was turning reddish brown, and looked like crap (as has been referenced on this forum before). Oh well, live and learn... it was a cheap lesson, and I hope the Pazzo's have better anodization (which they claim to).

• Like 1

I mentioned to my girl that since I installed the Yoshi exhaust I wanted to install the EJK and a KN filter. She said she's down to help install it. Color me impressed. Sadly she's in Toronto until first week of April so the parts are sitting in the garage...eating away at me. Thanks the weather has been crappy in the DC area lately.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
I mentioned to my girl that since I installed the Yoshi exhaust I wanted to install the EJK and a KN filter. She said she's down to help install it. Color me impressed. Sadly she's in Toronto until first week of April so the parts are sitting in the garage...eating away at me. Thanks the weather has been crappy in the DC area lately.
Get out and RIDE dude
crappy weather is nothing to fear
unless its snow.
theb its fearable
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

oh yea... and I did something yesterday too, I swapped out a pair of old faded China made levers for a new set of Pazzo IFX Candy levers in Liguid Smoke. Even though the levers I replaced worked fine, the black anodization was turning reddish brown, and looked like crap (as has been referenced on this forum before). Oh well, live and learn... it was a cheap lesson, and I hope the Pazzo's have better anodization (which they claim to).
Like a left side mirror we've seen lately.  ;)
  • Like 4

Beemer

• Premium Member

Took a road trip yesterday to my home town to visit 2 hours each way in 36 to 43 temps on the way. Put on my Kriega 10 on my tank with rain gear and stuff and it was nice to rest on when I had to hunker down to say warm lol.

• Like 4

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator
craigieboy90 
Where did you say you're from again?
Hes from scotland laddie

• Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Took a road trip yesterday to my home town to visit 2 hours each way in 36 to 43 temps on the way. Put on my Kriega 10 on my tank with rain gear and stuff and it was nice to rest on when I had to hunker down to say warm lol.
That's what I used to do when riding through the low areas in the smokey's. It felt like it could be 60 and suddenly drop down to 40 so I always kept soft clothes in my tank bag to rest my chest on.
  • Like 1

Beemer