The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

So I went and bought a new windscreen... STILL doesn't fit.  Anyone know what size bolts Yamaha gives you to install the windscreen?  If I got longer ones of the same size/thread depth, that should fix it.

28 minutes ago, Blitz6804 said:

So I went and bought a new windscreen... STILL doesn't fit.  Anyone know what size bolts Yamaha gives you to install the windscreen?  If I got longer ones of the same size/thread depth, that should fix it.

On the Yamaha screens that I have, the bolts that attach the screen to the bracket are M5x0.8 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

I needed the bolt that attaches the brackets to the bike.  A search of the forum revealed that they're M6x1.0... so I got some really long ones.  Together with spacers, I finally got the windscreen mounted with the dash relocated!  Shame I had to give up my pretty yellow Ermax for a plain-looking Puig, but such is life?

Yes... I know my workbench is a mess.  I'll clean it later.

Front.jpg

Cockpit.jpg

3 hours ago, Blitz6804 said:

I needed the bolt that attaches the brackets to the bike.  A search of the forum revealed that they're M6x1.0... so I got some really long ones.  Together with spacers, I finally got the windscreen mounted with the dash relocated!  Shame I had to give up my pretty yellow Ermax for a plain-looking Puig, but such is life?

Yes... I know my workbench is a mess.  I'll clean it later.

Front.jpg

Cockpit.jpg

Is that a "Big Gulp" sized cup holder in the lower left?  Looks like you've got quite the "dashboard" going on there.  Glad you found a screen that works with the dash relocated.

• Like 1

The screen didn't work with the relocation as was... I had to go on Amazon a few times to get the right hardware I needed to make it work.  First bought some spacers, but they were too short.  Bought more, but they were the wrong diameter.  (I drilled them out to make them fit.)  Then the screws I had were too short to bite... bought some of those, and FINALLY we have a success.

It's not, actually.  The first two cups I bought to go with it were actually too big.

WWW.RAMMOUNT.COM

Details and specifications of the RAM® Level Cup™ 16oz Drink Holder with Ball, Part No. RAM-B-132BU. UPC: 793442113215. Additional information includes compatiblity lists, components...

I also have the extra-large holder, but I have found it to be very unstable to use.

WWW.RAMMOUNT.COM

Details and specifications of the RAM® Level Cup™ XL 32oz Drink Holder with Ball, Part No. RAP-B-417BU. UPC: 793442953064. Additional information includes compatiblity lists, components...

• Thanks 1

Installed the acerbis handguards just now. Just in time too. My gerbing hero gloves right hand just broke today and won't heat up and it's gonna be 19 degrees tomorrow morning going to work

IMG_20190125_202424.jpg

• Like 1

I went into the garage and looked her over. Only 9 more days before I can ride again.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

20 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Installed the acerbis handguards just now. Just in time too. My gerbing hero gloves right hand just broke today and won't heat up and it's gonna be 19 degrees tomorrow morning going to work

Dude!  That lighting is epic!  You'll need to let me know how those handguards work; my SW-Motech ones don't do the greatest of jobs.

And to answer the topic's question... "Today I got snow on my FZ-07, and got a new profile picture of her."  :P

Gave the MT its first wash of the year the other day. I'm happy to get weather that's tolerable for riding during the afternoon in January lol.

IMG_20190124_191900_072.jpg

• Like 6

Couldn't sit on the couch anymore, so took the FZ out to my favorite hooligan roads. Drained a full tank of fuel in under 2hrs. This bike is bliss in the mountains. 

• Like 3

On 1/7/2019 at 3:34 AM, JayMT07 said:

What can I say, winters are long here. 

29FC4F00-4433-4637-ADBE-2096B33B9DD5.jpeg

A9858522-32F6-4C35-A578-86499BACBE78.jpeg

654D2FA2-E3B4-4009-A276-81DC65774C87.jpeg

7F869D69-896B-451E-9DEA-C45306DD875D.jpeg

can you send me a link to those wheel decals? thanks

10 hours ago, JayMT07 said:
Logo_durchsichtig.png
WWW.ONE-WHEEL.DE

dein Händler für Motorradzubehör, Felgenaufkleber, Wheelsticker, Premium Wheelsticker, Felgenrandstreifen...

How much for a printer like that? (printer in the video) I want one! ($$$$ 🤑)

Edit: Found a few for 10K +, not bad if you got series about making some serious money with it. My interest is peaked!

https://epson.com/surecolor-s-series-solvent-printers?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MAW4031PG200%2BAwareness%2BProfessional Imaging%2BS-Series%2BUS%2BENG%2BSPART&utm_term=%2Bvinyl %2Bprinter&utm_content=Printer Vinyl%2BBMM&gclid=CIP2up2Mk-ACFUMZgQodKHwJ2Q&gclsrc=ds

Beemer

• Premium Member
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, JayMT07 said:

What can I say, winters are long here. 

29FC4F00-4433-4637-ADBE-2096B33B9DD5.jpeg

A9858522-32F6-4C35-A578-86499BACBE78.jpeg

654D2FA2-E3B4-4009-A276-81DC65774C87.jpeg

7F869D69-896B-451E-9DEA-C45306DD875D.jpeg

How do you like the game?

On 12/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, noodles said:

Just ordered a new OEM clutch kit for - get this - $45! Now I need a warm-ish day to put it on and write up a DIY !

Just did mine. Pm if you have any questions. 45$ is a good deal. Did it come with the steel plates, both types of clutch plates and cover gasket?

7 hours ago, Laben said:

How do you like the game?

It's actually pretty decent. Good graphics and bike selection. Could use a few more tracks but overall it's just a fun game to play.  It's making not being able to ride even worse, though. Lol

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Was bombing around some back roads yesterday when I went to fetch seat foam for a project bike. With winter ground swells and plow trucks there's not much gravel left in places. Makes for a great surface to goof off and slide around on. But I caught a raised rock with my left foot that's killing me now. Zero pain yesterday, mucho pain today. No bruise or swelling though. Easily my favorite bike ever.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103812&stc=1

• Like 1

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
1 hour ago, shinyribs said:

Was bombing around some back roads yesterday when I went to fetch seat foam for a project bike. With winter ground swells and plow trucks there's not much gravel left in places. Makes for a great surface to goof off and slide around on. But I caught a raised rock with my left foot that's killing me now. Zero pain yesterday, mucho pain today. No bruise or swelling though. Easily my favorite bike ever.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103812&stc=1

Boy, your pillion sure gets a cushy ride. LOL

• Haha 2

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

"Zero pain yesterday, mucho pain today." Sounds like it's time to get back on the pony and come back home with some Jack Daniels strapped down on the back.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
On 1/30/2019 at 2:56 PM, Beemer said:

"Zero pain yesterday, mucho pain today." Sounds like it's time to get back on the pony and come back home with some Jack Daniels strapped down on the back.

tennessee honey double shot, with a shot of kraken and some grapefruit juice. 
dont know what it could be called, but iiiitssss goooood

also, @bornagainbiker
send some of that foam my way

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

3 hours ago, sorkyah said:

tennessee honey double shot, with a shot of kraken and some grapefruit juice. 
dont know what it could be called, but iiiitssss goooood

also, @bornagainbiker
send some of that foam my way

Sounds like a pirate's cure for scurvy.. haha.

• Haha 1

What did *I* do today?  I fixed the snapped wire some nucklehead did yesterday when trying to install a speedo healer.

g65ydTJ.thumb.jpg.2e92c3a2b8a809a07f8489f857c25d2a.jpg

I then proceeded to take it out to test the thing, and got Miku pretty salty.

• Like 1

Just got back on the road for the first time in 211 days, took a short ~90 mile (~145 km) ride down to Delaware to visit some friends and get some mac n cheese.

• Like 4

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, njdevils1990 said:

Just got back on the road for the first time in 211 days, took a short ~90 mile (~145 km) ride down to Delaware to visit some friends and get some mac n cheese.

was it at least the good stuff....

did you get the blue box or the imitation

On 2/1/2019 at 12:36 AM, Zephyr said:

Sounds like a pirate's cure for scurvy.. haha.

yeah,,,, about right

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Well not today, but over the weekend. I changed oil + filter at 18,000 miles, last change for both was at 16,000. Bled the brakes and replaced the fluid with Motul DOT5.1, much needed. It's like night and day.

I pulled the front wheel off and removed the tyre, installed a new front tyre straight swap Pirelli Angel ST, (old for new) not as easy as I thought it would be, anyway I got it done.

Balanced,cleaned rotor's, pad's, calipers, wheel and spacer's while I had them off. I managed to shoot myself in the eye with brake cleaner, nothing bad to report other than a lesson learned. Don't hold the caliper right in front of your face, ya fool. (yeah I took the straw off)

Next will be radiator flush of the system. What do you people recommend?