The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

I agree! I just added Arrows to mine as well. Who'd of thought smaller mirrors would allow you to see more. I no longer need to tuck my elbow in to see behind me. The slight convex of them makes all the difference in visibility.  I can see three lanes from either mirror now. Obviously when seeing the right lane from the left mirror (from the center lane) you're not going to see someone really close but still way better than stock mirrors. A quick glance allows you to see so much more than bobbing your head all over to see the same area with the OEM rabbit ears.

And Damn, they're sexy looking too. 😍

Good point, everyone knows how it can be in traffic. Cagers are constantly hitting their brakes so the more time you have to focus on what's happening in front of you instead of behind you can save you from rear ending someone. Just one less second on the brakes can make the difference between stopping a few feet behind a car and flying over the car. 😉

Beemer

We have a local guy who autocrosses and hill climbs an Elise with a Honda K20 swap... that car is quick. 

Installed a Moto Dynamic fender eliminator today. I kind of dont mind the stock signals when they're not so far down from the tail, though I'd prefer either EU market ones(believe they're smaller and clear, but have no clue how I could get ahold of them here) or go aftermarket. 

Before:

fmqrOdkh.jpg

After(not the best pic, got dark out and have no such luxury as a lighted garage at my apartment lol):

psETR0lh.jpg

• Like 1

Took the db killer out of the exhaust today(what a PITA that was lol), sounds amazing. Bike looks so much better with the fender eliminator and the exhaust on. 

DNjeWKdh.jpg

• Like 6

mick97702

Finished the wrap. Pretty happy with the look, not so much my skills. At least digital camo hides a lot of flaws!

IMG_20180501_154141-2064x1516.jpg

IMG_20180501_154156-2173x2200.jpg

• Like 1

Bigturbomax
4 hours ago, mick97702 said:

IMG_20180501_154252-1793x2659.jpg

Came out pretty cool!

Bigturbomax

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the renthal ultra low bar in black. Still cant decide which levers to buy. Pretty sure i want the "long" oe length in either black or blue.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Replaced my drag bars with Renthal Ultra-lows. A bit more sweep and width and less height than stock, it looks really sharp, I feel this was the bar Ive been searching for. Id forgotten what a time consuming pain in the ass it is to swap bars. Yee-eesh.

Now its time for a wash and detail after collecting some winter 'dust' in my parkade. Man, we have such a long winter that every time I remove the covers I immediately realize how much I admire this bike and everything Ive done to make it unique.

Going to be a damn good riding season.  👍

• Like 4

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
On 4/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, bakamoto said:

threw a Power Commander on.  Its like a whole new bike!

I second this.....in conjunction with the Hordpower filter. Amazing difference.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Mine got fresh oil, a chain cleaning, and a bath today just in time to get put back in the garage to wait out the rain for the next few days. 

• Like 1

Bigturbomax

Installed my ultra low bars! Looks great, feels good seated. Cant ride till tomorrow, severe thunderstorms in my area ALL day. Cant wait to actually ride with them.

20180503_201848-1008x567.jpg

20180503_201840-1008x567.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
norcal616

was out messing around in the garage today and found a piece of industrial velcro... used the velcro to clean up the little tray in the rear by mounting my PCV under the plastic piece thats right behind your tail bone when sitting on the bike... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Installed my ultra low bars! Looks great, feels good seated. Cant ride till tomorrow, severe thunderstorms in my area ALL day. Cant wait to actually ride with them.

...that tank sticker though... tsk tsk. ;)

• Haha 1

• Global Moderator

I installed my forks that just came back from @pattonme.  I will post a review once I get a chance to ride with them for a while.  I have a set of Road 5's as well, so it should be a fun time. 

3EA62FCD-AD55-413E-B445-3F97359FD31C.jpeg

• Like 6

Added fuel stabilizer to a full tank.  Down for the summer now that triple digit temps are the norm around here.

Let my son ride it - looks like he will be the new owner of it soon. Drained the oil and removed the oil filter, have replacement stuff on order. The throttle cable on my old Virago-tingo snapped during the ride. I pinched the broken end onto a tool and clamped it to keep it there, and used the tool to operate the throttle. Took some time to learn how to modulate - you will not believe how much quicker the throttle operates when moved directly 😱 But it got us 100 miles home. 

• Like 4

I took a cheap cowl, removed the bottom "guts" and my rear fairings, and attached the shell directly to the frame. Needs a tab more finesse to be perfect, but almost there. The tail light is some integrated LED from Amazon.

More pics here since this site has a really, really, really low limit on uploads:

https://imgur.com/gallery/fJAsVGE

MayTail1.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, artwood said:

I took a cheap cowl, removed the bottom "guts" and my rear fairings, and attached the shell directly to the frame. Needs a tab more finesse to be perfect, but almost there. The tail light is some integrated LED from Amazon.

More pics here since this site has a really, really, really low limit on uploads:

https://imgur.com/gallery/fJAsVGE

Really dig that tail light.

phanomenal07

dont be like me

so today i decided to go for a ride and forgot to unlock my wheel lock. soon as a took off the fz riped the lock apart. scared the jesus out of me.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

dont be like me

so today i decided to go for a ride and forgot to unlock my wheel lock. soon as a took off the fz riped the lock apart. scared the jesus out of me.

Sorry to hear about your troubles... could you mention which lock you had and what damage was caused to the bike please? Pictures would be an appreciated addition.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

phanomenal07

Hey the lock was a chamber lock for rifles. No damage to the bike

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

dont be like me

I would not like that. Sounds like you should buy a better lock. ;) You could stick a coloured hair elastic etc around the grip as a reminder.