The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

Took my clutch lever off to straighten it after dropping the bike.  >:D

• Like 6

• Global Moderator

Changed the head light bulb for a better one and replaced the auxiliary light bulb with a LED.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

I did absolutely nothing. Because it is not here yet!!!

How easy was the LED aux light project?

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

One banana job
Two easy accessible screws left and right removes the whole headlight cluster. You get access to the headlight bulb and the little aux light just underneath. Pop it out, replace, pop it in and done.

• Like 2

i feel your pain mjh937!!! the wife tells me to be patient..i just keep pacing through the house like a speed freak hah!!

• Global Moderator

I think my wife is glad to be gone so she does not have to hear about the motorcycle "all the damn time". :)

• Like 5

hah! mine just took the dog for a walk so she could "think". i know its so as you said she doesnt have to hear about the the damn bike!!

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I am about 90 miles north of Seattle. I put a deposit down the day after the bike was announced and passed on a gray one the next week. I thought the red one would be here sooner or I probably would have gone with the gray.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

I was planning on getting the front cowl. Do you like it? Does it deflect the wind at all?

• Like 1

As far as the cowl cutting wind, i really dont think it was designed for it as much as it is a bug deflector so that your keys and back side of the instument panel dont get caked with grime and dead insects. however i did ride in a tucked position for a minute or two going home from the dealer to see how much of a difference it was and there was decent deflection riding in that position. either way i think it is a worth while addition.

• Like 1

missourifz07

I ordered the front cowl a week ago and rushed to the dealer after work today,  a one hour drive, to pick it up and get it installed tonight. Unfortunately I am either crazy or they gave me the wrong brackets!! Any chance you can confirm by this pic that they are different from yours? I can't seem to find any pics on the ole' inner web.

[attachment id=10" thumbnail="1]

missourifz07
As far as the cowl cutting wind, i really dont think it was designed for it as much as it is a bug deflector so that your keys and back side of the instument panel dont get caked with grime and dead insects. however i did ride in a tucked position for a minute or two going home from the dealer to see how much of a difference it was and there was decent deflection riding in that position. either way i think it is a worth while addition.
And did yours come with these two long bolts that don't seem to be in my instructions or parts list?  [attachment id=11" thumbnail="1]
I am afraid the gave me parts kit for the fz09....or these may just be extra oem bolts...

the two brackets that come in the cowl kit attach to either side of the cowlwith four black screw that should have been included in the packaging. the two bolts are the bolts that attach the brackets to the motorcycle. there are bolts on the bike that you will remove in order to attach the bracket. those are the parts to get it done though.

• Global Moderator

It went in for its first service this morning. Oil/filter en general inspection/check up. I had them turn up the idle a bit. I had a little stalling issue a while back. They also adjusted the chain. It had a bit of slack. And I got a free T shirt!

It transformed the bike, It runs smoother (especially at lower rpms) and shifts nicer too.

It went in for its first service this morning. Oil/filter en general inspection/check up. I had them turn up the idle a bit. I had a little stalling issue a while back. They also adjusted the chain. It had a bit of slack. And I got a free T shirt! 
It transformed the bike, It runs smoother (especially at lower rpms) and shifts nicer too.

Wow we both just did our first services.

Here is what was done for mine
- changed oil and filter 10W40
- tightened chained (loose)
- synced throttle body.

$218 USD lol. Ouch

But it does run way smoother

• Global Moderator

Mine was $138 US. I got 10W40 Yamalube too. And I am planning on going to semi synthetic next time.
Throttle body sync was checked, but no adjustment was necessary.
I was surprised that it made such a difference. You?

Mine was $138 US. I got 10W40 Yamalube too. And I am planning on going to semi synthetic next time. Throttle body sync was checked, but no adjustment was necessary.
I was surprised that it made such a difference. You?

I was plenty surprised. It turned an awesome bike into an even more awesomer one.

My throttle body was out of sync so says my report. Maybe the combination of fixing the chain and TB made the bike that much smoother.

It says to change oil @1000 miles correct ? For the next one ?

I don't have my manual on me. I'll be doing it myself for sure haha