The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Painted the heel guards, passenger pegs, exhaust heat shield, and frame covers. Also added some bar end mirrors.  
xbL7EtU.jpg

HW59jyc.jpg

MHSuUvm.jpg

Which bar end mirror is this? What brand?

Keep on keepin' on!

• Premium Member

What paint did you use?

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Painted the heel guards, passenger pegs, exhaust heat shield, and frame covers. Also added some bar end mirrors.  
xbL7EtU.jpg

HW59jyc.jpg

MHSuUvm.jpg

Which bar end mirror is this? What brand? 

Keep on keepin' on!

They are Speed Metal mirrors from Cycle Gear. I was bored and got fed up with the stock mirrors so I picked them up yesterday. First time buying cycle gear mirrors but honestly the quality seems fine. I was just unwilling to spend $100 for each mirror by going with Driven or CRG.

What paint did you use?
Black Rust Oleum automotive high heat paint from Home Depot. However, I used a matte clear coat.

As always when painting be patient and do light coats. It took a couple days to complete. Give ample cure time between coats.

And I installed my Front LEDs [Which match the rear LEDS] and these have DRLs

photo.jpg
What is a good thing about DRL's?  
  • Like 1

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

And I installed my Front LEDs [Which match the rear LEDS] and these have DRLs

photo.jpg
What is a good thing about DRL's?
Your lights are running if the bike is on. Definitely more visibility and from others on the road.

• Premium Member

There's also a 2 to 3 wire converter you can use for LED's that don't have 3 wire. The only draw back is some LED's are not meant to remain on and will get hot. Mostly the cheaper ones do this though.

There's also a 2 to 3 wire converter you can use for LED's that don't have 3 wire. The only draw back is some LED's are not meant to remain on and will get hot. Mostly the cheaper ones do this though.
Got a link for one you recommend?

Did my second oil change @ 2900 miles.

First one was @ 775 miles at the dealer. For first service.

Used Rotella T6 w/ a generic oil filter

Lubes and cleaned chain with Mogul chain lube.

Topped off coolant with Yamalube Coolant.

The bikes runs and shifts very smooth with the synthetic oil.

Ebay link is in my build thread. Just ask and he will send the 3 wire leds for the same price 
I love the painting you did. Looks like it should have come like that from the factory

What is the difference in the 3 wire leds as opposed to the ones he normally ships? Just curious because I want to order this kit, thank you! :-)

• Premium Member
Got a link for one you recommend?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blinker-Genie-Converts-2-Wire-LED-blinkers-to-3-Wire-for-Run-and-Turn-Signals-/181097275727?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2a3d214f&vxp=mtr I can't really recommend this, but this is what I'm going to buy seems simple and small. I haven't yet decided on what LED blinkers I want though. I want them to match all around and to not have the ones up front look too small.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
e7a20ec2be145caa4ee61a12fa62533f.jpg Cali to Florida in 2 days

Dang, I'm jealous about that. It's 5:30 pm in California and our mail hasn't even been delivered yet. I'm expecting mine too!

Illegitimi non carborundum

They did but I had to specifically ask for them. The cost was the same.
Can you believe that when i asked for DRL's the dude said they'd be 15$ bucks more?! I was like :| It;s already 75$ as is i don't really feel the DRL's are worth the extra 15 bucks..... 

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

njdevils1990

Passed 900 miles.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
a43a1a8a6af182c10b8b4505ca0cdf9e.jpgfac1381442a48e3af984cae835cabde1.jpg all finished

Looks good Reaper! You work fast - did that dog in the background help you out? :)
Mine finally came in the mail at 6:30 last night.

Illegitimi non carborundum

a43a1a8a6af182c10b8b4505ca0cdf9e.jpgfac1381442a48e3af984cae835cabde1.jpg all finished
Looks good Reaper! You work fast - did that dog in the background help you out? :)
Mine finally came in the mail at 6:30 last night.
Yea he helped keep the cats inline while I worked and inspected my work

• Premium Member

Tightened and lubed the chain. I really like how Yamaha put notches on the sides of the swingarm so you can match both side up perfectly, never had that before.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Hey folks! Just have a question for those of you who are planning on installing an aftermarket exhaust on you FZ07.

The exhaust systems all seem to not be "CARB" compliant, (I believe that is the name) and it is illegal to have these because they alter the emissions. Is this something that anybody has been pulled over for? How would they go about checking to see if you have a converter and 02 sensor or whatever it is that makes the stock exhaust okay.

This is my first bike so, I am curious if people in California who have had other bikes with full systems that do not meet "CARB" requirements have run into trouble because of this.

Thanks!!

Guest unknown

Huge run down for today/yesterday.
-Installed ryanrotary's tail tidy
-installed led turn signals; front and rear
-installed led flasher relay
-installed bar end mirrors with copper spacer and old bar ends.

I think that takes care of the "looks" department. Now I can't wait to start getting into the suspension.