The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I bought the bike, then went on vacation for a week and came home to alot of rain. So it has not been ridden much. Im still on the first tank of gas. I bought this bike for my work commute so it will get a decent amount of miles.

FYI. On June 30th, i had hip replacement surgery on my right hip. I am sure my Dr. would be like, you rode WHAT???
:D
Swinging the leg over the seat is not comfortable at all, but riding isnt too bad and what is crazy, is significantly more comfortable than driving a car right now. Modulating the gas pedal cramps my shin muscles real bad, it feels like shin splints.

But I am recovering steadily and feel waaaay better than I did before the surgery.
My rehab goal is to go to a race school next spring

Today I did quite a few things. I took off the passenger pegs and used the front reflector mount to keep my brake reservoir in the same place. Also finally took off the ugly warning sticker and took off the passenger strap off the seat. My baby is slowly getting there lol.FAC8398B-52CE-49ED-81B7-38BDCC65AEB3_zpscce5nrru.jpg2CF68B35-413F-4627-942D-F453552FF7FF_zpsana9cynd.jpgsorry bout the bad photos lol had to take them in my driveway. Thanks @ireek for the help
The bike looks so clean without the rear pegs. How did you remove the warning sticker?
I used one of the suggestions from the forum, I soaked a sponge but didn't ring it out. Then pressed on the sticker for about two minutes, pealed off then got all the residue off with goo gone lol took about 5 mins and yes it does omg I love it without the pegs

More pics! Also, where did you order from?
So the tidy tail came off a friend's wrecked bike.. just drilled new holes to match the mounting bracket and the blinkers came from motorcycle superstore! Only $15 a piece and install was cake on that! Post more pictures soon.

Took apart the rear of the bike image.jpg

installed a Fender Eliminator
image_1.jpg

Rear View
image_2.jpg

Side view
image_3.jpg
Which fender eliminator did you get? I'm loving the way it looks. I need one bad to finish up the clean up of mine lol

IMHO easy up until until I had to reinstall the undertail that is held on with the pushpins. I just could not get those back.
I remembered that somebody else had a similar issue and stated they used a bolt washer and nut.
So instead of agonizing over it, I did the same thing. It was tight getting my fingers in between the frame and the plastic tray under the rear seat, but I got it done.

The rest was cake. Its easy taking apart the rear of our bikes. Its a combo of push pins, allen head bolts and some Japanese head bolts. ( I used a phillips screwdriver though)

The stock license plate and turn signals all have plugs. So I cut those off the stock ones and spliced them onto the new wires.

IMHO easy up until until I had to reinstall the undertail that is held on with the pushpins. I just could not get those back. I remembered that somebody else had a similar issue and stated they used a bolt washer and nut.
So instead of agonizing over it, I did the same thing. It was tight getting my fingers in between the frame and the plastic tray under the rear seat, but I got it done.

The rest was cake. Its easy taking apart the rear of our bikes. Its a combo of push pins, allen head bolts and some Japanese head bolts. ( I used a phillips screwdriver though)

The stock license plate and turn signals all have plugs. So I cut those off the stock ones and spliced them onto the new wires.
Yes, two of the plastic fasteners won't fit properly because they used to hold in place an additional plastic piece of the stock fender, so without that they become loose. I used a countersunk bolt with a nut on the inside - long nose pliers worked well

My dealer had a variety of plastic fasteners - I bought a set for $2 a pop but they were slightly larger, so instead of screwing around with them (pun intended) I asked my good electrician friend to find me some bolts and problem got solved.

Once you learn where all the fasteners and bolts are you can really take your bike apart in about 5 minutes :)

• Global Moderator

Yeah, I had the same problem with those fasteners and ended up using spare nuts and bolt. It is a pita to get the nuts on. Another forum member used rubber washers to secure the pushpins

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33459059/snap.jpg

You right it's amazing how fast the brain works. The time you disassemble, it takes ages, now you can do the same in a couple of minutes.

I left it stock.. Who else is with me?
LOL, so far I am, but looking at tail Tidy and maybe a set of white tank covers just to change up and have a white with blue rimmed bike :)

Just curious ..what did they charge you?  Mine needs to get in early next week.
$184 after NJ tax.
What did they do for first service?

Guest montana07

So maybe not today, but yesterday I picked up my bike from Dobeck Performance! Running great! but it was tough to be away from her for three weeks.

Guest montana07
Nice! I want a full write up on it!
Dobeck has you covered! They'll be posting dyno reports over in their subforum soon.  Bike is currently "improved stock", the air intake snorkel is removed and their EJK fuel controller is installed.  They're still trying to track down an Akrapovic, so it will be a few weeks before they're done.  For now, I'm riding and loving it until I have to hand the keys over again. 

njdevils1990
$184 after NJ tax.
What did they do for first service?
Oil and filter, checked the chain and lubed it, checked the FI/throttle body sync, checked and tightened the steering head bolt, checked the breaks and all electronics. Maybe one or two other things I may have forgotten about.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

At the dealership now. Getting my first service. Got 620 miles on her. Break in period almost completed.

$95 per hour labor .. oil change, adjustments all for only $240 ... it won't be going back there too much.  Figured I would for the first service.  oh well.

• Like 1

Put 100 back road miles on "Kitten" this morning...would still be out on her but 90 degree Georgia weather got the best of me after a late night.

• Like 1

that first service will be the one and only time my 7 will ever go to the dealership for anything if it was anything over 200$

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL