The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I finally accessed the auxiliary cable and connected it up for my iTouch. 

Shout out to Mossman for giving me the guidance I needed to get the tank off the bitch. I ended up cutting the plug off and using butt connectors tied it all together. 

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced stock blinkers with Proton 500's and X-Arc in the rear.  Wasn't sure about the flush mounts for visibility, so I spent an hour+ shaping a plastic wedge to go under them and turns out that it made almost no difference - if any it made them less visible?  The front were a breeze to change.  The rear however was a pain in the arse.  I took the tail section loose to access wiring and that "X" shaped nut contraption was a mother to get back lined up correctly and the screws threaded properly all while holding the tail parts in place.  Gotta be an easier way, though I couldn't find one.  Bottom line is that the blinkers actually do look very nice and they are extremely bright and visible.  I do have led strips in the front air scoops that serve as running/flash so there's redundant visibility there.  Should post a pic, but it hasn't stopped raining here in many months...

Got it out two days running to ride with my son (on my other bike) who is visiting the 'old country' - first time in two years.

• Like 4

Just do it! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy with work and haven't been on my MT for a few weeks now, so I decided to charge the battery.  I did this by going for a 30 mile ride.  Work can wait a few minutes. 

• Like 1

Shock adjustment tool came in yesterday and i played with the preload on my rear shock. Im not a small guy and two clicks up from stock made a huge difference!

Put in 40 miles commuting to and from work to testing out the adjustments.

7 minutes ago, C.Overly said:

Shock adjustment tool came in yesterday and i played with the preload on my rear shock.

Wasn't there a tool to do that under the passenger seat?  (Maybe a previous owner lost it?)

4 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

Wasn't there a tool to do that under the passenger seat?  (Maybe a previous owner lost it?)

Triple Jim, 

Unless i was really over looking something, the only thing under the small rear seat was a couple of allen wrenches for removing the larger main seat. I ended up order a new adjustment tool so i could make adjustment.

No previous owner. Bought new from a dealership. Unless they happened to remove them for some reason.

6 minutes ago, C.Overly said:

Unless i was really over looking something, the only thing under the small rear seat was a couple of allen wrenches for removing the larger main seat. I ended up order a new adjustment tool so i could make adjustment.

Bummer.  My 2020 came with a cheap sheet metal spanner and a tubular extension handle for it.  Mine was missing the little cable that lets you lock your helmet though.  I got the dealer to give me one.  I may never use it, but I figured having all the little extras might be impressive someday if I sell the bike.    That's unlikely since I rarely sell anything. :)

Mine came with this, except this photo off the web includes a pair of pliers that isn't original.  I'm not sure what the rubber strap is for, but my kit has it.   :)  Maybe ask your dealer next time you're there.

mt-07_toolkit.jpg

11 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

Bummer.  My 2020 came with a cheap sheet metal spanner and a tubular extension handle for it.  Mine was missing the little cable that lets you lock your helmet though.  I got the dealer to give me one.  I may never use it, but I figured having all the little extras might be impressive someday if I sell the bike.    That's unlikely since I rarely sell anything. :)

Mine came with this, except this photo off the web includes a pair of pliers that isn't original.  I'm not sure what the rubber strap is for, but my kit has it.   :)  Maybe ask your dealer next time you're there.

mt-07_toolkit.jpg

I was assuming the bike would come with a small kit but no luck there. The dealer is a couple hours south of me. Next time im in the area ill have to ask them what's the deal?

• Like 1

You seem to have the hex wrenches.  There were a couple of those stuck in the white plastic under the seat on mine, not in the black bag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I installed a set of Gilles chain adjusters (thanks @bellissimoto).  It was good timing as the right factory adjuster was missing when I went to replace it.  It must have fallen off recently as I am sure I would have noticed that it was missing fairly quickly.  Maybe my pre-ride inspection is not as thorough as it should be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

It was good timing as the right factory adjuster was missing when I went to replace it.

Forgot to tighten the locknut?

• Global Moderator
30 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

Forgot to tighten the locknut?

It was tight last time I adjusted the chain, but that was a long time ago and I had not checked them again since.  I guess that should be on my checklist to look at every few months. 

• Like 1

WankyMcTugger

I took the db killer out of my akra ti. This thing is obnoxious, holy crap. The earplugs do nothing.

Edited by WankyMcTugger

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced OEM tires with Michelin Road 5's (took to a shop to swap tires) Replaced chain and rear sprocket for the first time. Just had 8100 miles. The front sprocket looked like new so I left it alone (didn't have a replacement nut anyways) LOL. Took out and ran very well, bike tips in very quickly. Didn't ride too hard since the tires are brand new.

IMG-1353.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 11:50 PM, WankyMcTugger said:

I took the db killer out of my akra ti. This thing is obnoxious, holy crap. The earplugs do nothing.

Did the same thing last year. Learned my lesson. LOL. Caused a weird reverb in the helmet especially if the ear plugs were not placed perfectly in my ear. Loved the sound but got on my nerves after a half hour of riding.

bartman5impson

Started an overdue oil change and realized I accidentally threw away my drain plug bolt. No riding for me a couple days until the new bolt arrives. 😐

dce.jpg

8 minutes ago, bartman5impson said:

tarted an overdue oil change and realized I accidentally threw away my drain plug bolt. No riding for me a couple days until the new bolt arrives.

I'm curious... how did you throw it away so that you couldn't retrieve it?

bartman5impson
Just now, Triple Jim said:

I'm curious... how did you throw it away so that you couldn't retrieve it?

The bolt was covered in oil so I set it on some dirty paper towels and while I'm waiting for the oil to drain I forget about it and decide to toss the pile of garbage directly into the trash. I hear a thunk and realize what I just did and don't feel like digging around a 240 liter wheelie bin.

Just now, bartman5impson said:

I hear a thunk and realize what I just did and don't feel like digging around a 240 liter wheelie bin.

You need one of those big strong magnets and a heavy string.   :)