The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

On 7/25/2020 at 2:36 AM, Jord said:

Snapped my fender delete. No idea how it happened, felt a shudder and heard a bang which turned out to be the license plate hitting the back wheel at 60mph

2C926046-5B21-47C7-BE71-B2475515F7E2.jpeg

Get the TST fender eliminator and bend it so it tucks under the tail 😀

5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I have the Fobo sensors.  I got a warning on my watch when the tire was at 15 psi on its way to 0.  It is also nice to just open the app to check pressures before a ride.  I have been happy with them, especially now that they saved me from riding until the pressure went to zero. 

Fantastic!  Those were the ones I have saved to my "future mods list".

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I have the Fobo sensors.  I got a warning on my watch when the tire was at 15 psi on its way to 0.  It is also nice to just open the app to check pressures before a ride.  I have been happy with them, especially now that they saved me from riding until the pressure went to zero. 

Ive been looking at these. Did you have to change out the valve stems or were they simply screw on and good to go?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Swapped the EJK for a PCV. 

EJK came with the bike, I already had the autotune, so figured WTH and picked up the PCV. 

might add the quick shifter to the mix as well. 

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, Mr.Puss said:

Ive been looking at these. Did you have to change out the valve stems or were they simply screw on and good to go?

The company says you need metal valve stems.  I ran them for a short time on the rubber stems and then decided not to take a chance and got some metal stems with a T so I do not have to take the sensor off to add air.  That arrangement is working well. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I pulled out my airbox intact and with minimal blood and less cursing than expected.... I must have been in a good holiday mood.

Taking my time and not trying to manhandle the job, which is when thing get broken,  it took me about 2hrs over a couple sessions to complete. It will take less time to complete if there's ever a next time. I believe J.D when he says he can install a hordpower intake/filter in an hour.

I'm now waiting for some parts for the vacuum port relocation project before reinstalling the throttle bodies.

No, I didn't pull the throttle bodies and airbox just to relocate the vacuum ports. Hord intake/filter is being installed. ECU will be heading to @2wheeldynoworks for a free reflash tomorrow. I just need to find out how I'm supposed to pay the the $10 for return shipping.

Thoughts on the process:

I removed the side plastics and the tank completely just to give myself as much access and wiggle room I could.

I  pulled the throttle bodies and the airbox out the left/clutch side after removing the "Pivot Shaft protector" (spent 5mins looking up the proper name for that part in the shop manual) which is the decorative plastic that covers the end of the swing arm axle and part of the frame to get that last little bit of wiggle room. it all slid out without scratching anything but the clearances were minimal.

I did not need to remove the throttle body boots from the engine or remove the injectors from the throttle bodies, as I've read in some online sources, to fairly easily slide out the throttle bodies. I tilted up the rear of the throttle bodies up to line it up a little better to slide out.

The hardest thing was getting all the hoses and electrical plugs unhooked from the throttle bodies in the cramped quarters. Using a long flat blade screwdriver to push the release tabs on the electric connectors made that job doable. Make sure you're supporting the backside of the connector so you don't snap it off. The release tabs are on the wire end of the connector and you just push in and it pivots  to release the latch.

I did cut one vacuum hose that just wouldn't come loose without threatening the safety of the 1/8"/3mm brass tube it was pushed onto. I will be modifying that hose anyway, to relocate the vacuum ports, or I'd have argued with it more before cutting it.

The four socket head button screws that hold the rear gas tank bracket on are crap. Even as a seasoned wrencher I've stripped the head on two of them now. I'll be replacing them with better quality socket head cap screws when I put the Hord bracket on.

Final thought: Why a "naked" bike needs decorative "wings" on the air box is beyond my comprehension.

Happy Labor Day to all our USA Members. 🇺🇸

• Like 5

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Replaced front tire after 9,000 miles. Pirelli diablo street. Replaced fork oil with 15w oil.  Lowered the front forks 10mm. Bike feels amazing, except now I notice how crappy the rear shock feels. 

IMG_20200904_213315.jpg

• Like 1

2wheeldynoworks
On 9/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, DewMan said:

I pulled out my airbox intact and with minimal blood and less cursing than expected.... I must have been in a good holiday mood.

Taking my time and not trying to manhandle the job, which is when thing get broken,  it took me about 2hrs over a couple sessions to complete. It will take less time to complete if there's ever a next time. I believe J.D when he says he can install a hordpower intake/filter in an hour.

I'm now waiting for some parts for the vacuum port relocation project before reinstalling the throttle bodies.

No, I didn't pull the throttle bodies and airbox just to relocate the vacuum ports. Hord intake/filter is being installed. ECU will be heading to @2wheeldynoworks for a free reflash tomorrow. I just need to find out how I'm supposed to pay the the $10 for return shipping.

Thoughts on the process:

I removed the side plastics and the tank completely just to give myself as much access and wiggle room I could.

I  pulled the throttle bodies and the airbox out the left/clutch side after removing the "Pivot Shaft protector" (spent 5mins looking up the proper name for that part in the shop manual) which is the decorative plastic that covers the end of the swing arm axle and part of the frame to get that last little bit of wiggle room. it all slid out without scratching anything but the clearances were minimal.

I did not need to remove the throttle body boots from the engine or remove the injectors from the throttle bodies, as I've read in some online sources, to fairly easily slide out the throttle bodies. I tilted up the rear of the throttle bodies up to line it up a little better to slide out.

The hardest thing was getting all the hoses and electrical plugs unhooked from the throttle bodies in the cramped quarters. Using a long flat blade screwdriver to push the release tabs on the electric connectors made that job doable. Make sure you're supporting the backside of the connector so you don't snap it off. The release tabs are on the wire end of the connector and you just push in and it pivots  to release the latch.

I did cut one vacuum hose that just wouldn't come loose without threatening the safety of the 1/8"/3mm brass tube it was pushed onto. I will be modifying that hose anyway, to relocate the vacuum ports, or I'd have argued with it more before cutting it.

The four socket head button screws that hold the rear gas tank bracket on are crap. Even as a seasoned wrencher I've stripped the head on two of them now. I'll be replacing them with better quality socket head cap screws when I put the Hord bracket on.

Final thought: Why a "naked" bike needs decorative "wings" on the air box is beyond my comprehension.

Awesome!

Send us an email at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com, and we'll send back an invoice for $10 to cover return shipping for your free mapping update! You can also just throw a $10 bill in the box with the ECU if you want to do it that way.

-2WDW

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not really today, but over the weekend I finally put my R6 throttle tube on, some Domino XM2 grips (I knew I'd end up getting frustrated and cutting the old ones off), Rhinomoto bar ends and CRG arrows.

R6 throttle tube took all of 20 seconds to get used to but man...those CRG mirrors are incredible. Even though they're much smaller than the stockers, I can practically see everything behind me - it's amazing!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, 7fold said:

Not really today, but over the weekend I finally put my R6 throttle tube on, some Domino XM2 grips (I knew I'd end up getting frustrated and cutting the old ones off), Rhinomoto bar ends and CRG arrows.

R6 throttle tube took all of 20 seconds to get used to but man...those CRG mirrors are incredible. Even though they're much smaller than the stockers, I can practically see everything behind me - it's amazing!

👍

I'm also a fan of the rhinomoto/Arrow combo. the difference from stock was amazing.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
On 9/7/2020 at 2:49 PM, DewMan said:

Thoughts on the process:

Just did the same. What are you supposed to do with the breather and overflow tubes from the tank after the hord air filter is installed? @DewMan I'd also agree about the decorative wings!!! Man I thought i could get away without removing a lot of stuff.. I was wrong. I soon found out after getting the OEM air box jammed pretty bad. I had to work the other direction for a bit and move the battery box a little to give me some room. Anyway all done, ECU out for @2wheeldynoworks to do their thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, fzar said:

Just did the same. What are you supposed to do with the breather and overflow tubes from the tank after the hord air filter is installed? @DewMan

There's only one hose that went to the old airbox on my US model. it hooked up the the new hose on the hordpower intake.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, DewMan said:

There's only one hose that went to the old airbox on my US model. it hooked up the the new hose on the hordpower intake.

I got that one. It’s these:You can see them, the 2 grey pipes. They were attached to the right front of the OEM air box and run over the top of the gearbox. Mine is a US model also albeit: 2015.

5DF761E6-31A4-4291-A252-F25CEB24885B.jpeg

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, fzar said:

I got that one. It’s these:

If you're talking about the two that run to the gas tank, there is no change to their original routing. I believe one is a breather and the other is an overflow.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:23 AM, 1down5up said:

Get the TST fender eliminator and bend it so it tucks under the tail 😀

was it plastic? Could have been fatigue over a long period of time. Those euro plates are HUGE compared to US plates! About twice the size, and consequently about twice the sail-factor.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, DewMan said:

If you're talking about the two that run to the gas tank, there is no change to their original routing. I believe one is a breather and the other is an overflow.

I had mentioned that in my original post. No sweat I put a zip-tie on them to the frame.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, fzar said:

I had mentioned that in my original post. No sweat I put a zip-tie on them to the frame.

Sorry for my lack of reading comprehension. 

The loose ends of those just hang below the the bike they're not hooked to anything .... If you're asking about routing and securing, I've not gotten that far yet on mine since I just got my new tubing yesterday and 2WDW just got my ECU today. 👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

21 minutes ago, Evanlamarr88 said:

was it plastic? Could have been fatigue over a long period of time. Those euro plates are HUGE compared to US plates! About twice the size, and consequently about twice the sail-factor.

It's metal. I got the fender eliminator and integrated tail together, and pre bent the plate mount before install. I can post a pic if you want. It's pretty easy to do, really cleans up the bike

12 minutes ago, 1down5up said:

It's metal. I got the fender eliminator and integrated tail together, and pre bent the plate mount before install. I can post a pic if you want. It's pretty easy to do, really cleans up the bike

Thanks, appreciate it. I’ve already got the TST tail tidy with integrated taillight

Put a Corbin seat on...WOW what a difference. I'd also add that it's kind of ugly (although not as bad as the pictures), but function over form and it's a keeper for sure.

Major plus is it cradles my 'cheeks' when uni-cycling adding to the fun.

Edited by Two-rocks

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, robbo10 said:

I took mine out for ride for the first time this year. Good to be back in the saddle. 

It is September and you just got your first ride in?  What happened to make you miss most of the riding season?

Well, it is a combination of age, domestic circumstances and Covid. It became less of a priority to get out. I must keep it going now though. 

• Like 2

Just do it! 

I've been hearing legends of the torque monster that is Suzuki's Bandit 1200 for years now. Even considered going for a new Bandit 1250 when I was shopping around and ended up with the 07.  But I found a good deal on a nice 1200 local to me. Brought some cash and got myself a test ride. 

Like they say, never meet your heroes. 

I'm aware that the B12 I rode today may not be in perfect fighting order, but I'm positive an 07 will stomp one 0-60mph. If a Bandit runs across an 09 in the wild, it'd best leave it alone altogether. Quite disappointed that reality didn't match up to the legends. But, once again, I realized how much I love my 07. 

That is all! 

• Like 5