The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

17 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Just go this in the mail today.

15792229327722292657132461797639.jpg

Also installed this last weekend.  Spent too much time removing the stock airbox.  If you dont need it, do what others did and cut it up. Lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 1/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, DewMan said:

Just wait till you try to spoon on the new rubber to these pimped rims without scratching them.  😯

Getting the new sneakers on with spoons, can be done without scratching them. A lot of heat, lube, rim protectors and patience. As I said it can be done, might not be easy. Getting them off without scratching them, well that's another story. I don't know why but rubber removal is not my Forte so to speak. The No-Mar tyre tool isn't in my budget right now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fzar said:

Getting the new sneakers on with spoons, can be done without scratching them. A lot of heat, lube, rim protectors and patience. As I said it can be done, might not be easy. Getting them off without scratching them, well that's another story. I don't know why but rubber removal is not my Forte so to speak. The No-Mar tyre tool isn't in my budget right now.

I am going to need to wait for an above freezing day and let the propane heater run for a good bit of time in the garage with the tires getting blasted by heat. I have a tendency to have a spoon “let loose” and rattle around on the inner rim 😳

I think I am going to cut out an old piece of carpet almost the diameter of the rim to lay it on top. I need new protectors as well. Lots of patience indeed. 

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, fzar said:

I used to fight it as well..... I got lucky a few years ago and bought a used No-Mar "classic" from a guy that was getting out of racing. It came with the balancer, weights, and EVERY hand tool to mount/balance tires. I picked it up for $500. Now, I actually look forward to changing tires. Having the right tool makes all the difference. If you plan on doing track days, you need to put this in your budget-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Just now, cornerslider said:

I used to fight it as well..... I got lucky a few years ago and bought a used No-Mar "classic" from a guy that was getting out of racing. It came with the balancer, weights, and EVERY hand tool to mount/balance tires. I picked it up for $500. Now, I actually look forward to changing tires. Having the right tool makes all the difference. If you plan on doing track days, you need to put this in your budget-

I hate you, I've been trying to grab one of those for years. They never even get advertised, if you ain't standing right there you ain't gettin it. Great score!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, mossrider said:

I hate you, I've been trying to grab one of those for years. They never even get advertised, if you ain't standing right there you ain't gettin it. Great score!

Ha! I got" tipped-off" that it was listed on MNSBR. You may know the guy- "Dan O'Day", he used to race CRA-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, cornerslider said:

I almost down voted this just because I'm jealous. 😆

• Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Installed hord power airbox. And being that I have no confidence in my mechanical skills I am now terrified to turn the engine on. Luckily I don't have the ecu back yet 😂😭

IMG_20200119_155654.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Installed hord power airbox. And being that I have no confidence in my mechanical skills I am now terrified to turn the engine on. Luckily I don't have the ecu back yet 😂😭

IMG_20200119_155654.jpg

How did it go with the removal of the OEM air-box?

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, cornerslider said:

🖕 Sorry I'm jealous AF.

I'm happy for you that you got it at a steal, I'm pissed it wasn't me that got that deal.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fzar said:

How did it go with the removal of the OEM air-box?

It was a pain but once I accepted the fact that the airbox inlet was rubber and the throttle body was metal I was able to just tilt the throttle body up with some muscle. Then removing the intake manifold was a breeze and the airbox just slide right out once you unplug all the connectors from the throttle body

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Shopping around for some fuel injectors for my boosted e85 build... and a new turbo exhaust flange to run a bigger 3in exhaust pipe...

FZ-07 fuel injectors are kids meal sided 250cc... good enough to run approx 7psi of boost on premium pump gas...

I need mighty kids meal sized 650cc injectors to run e85 since e85 uses approx 25-30% more fuel vs pump gas...

The injectors I need, are OEM Kawasaki H2 injectors 🤪

Current turbo exhaust flange: 

Red circle- location of internal wastegate- 

81a9b350-91b3-47f7-b2f7-244f1b385c1c_1.b9e2e314a755d68a334be78ddecb7f32.jpeg.9d76ded56f45b5c5bc1d310cfdc43012.jpeg

20200127_082427.thumb.jpg.9832caa475df15570f0593e16266dfea.jpg

Gonna upgrade to this style of flange for turbo exhaust pipe:

Fully open style oval- way less restricted flow for internal wastegate... will weld an "oval to 3in" adapter to flange to run turbo exhaust pipe 

Edit: removed picture of product from a "shady" retailer of parts ... I dont wanna advertise the company name...

• Like 3

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I spent time this  afternoon replacing previous Cyclops 7K  LED upgrade with the Atoplite LED replacement housing.

I checked the box to get 10% digital coupon to get it for $315. 

I'd forgotten to unplug my GPS after my last ride and wasn't able to test ride it yet while my battery charges. 😳

Installation was barely harder than replacing the H4 bulb except having to swap over the turn signal brackets to the new headlight assembly. The halos hook up to the factory amber accent  connector and the hi/low LEDs plug right into the factory H4 connector. The only "wiring" required is if you want to use the optional integrated amber turn signal function which requires a simple butt splice (included in the package)  into the green and brown. left/right positive cables. It was actually easier than hooking up the Cyclops since there's less protrusion that needs stuffed behind the headlight housing.

UPDATE: Battery charge cycle has completed and the headlight works without issue. I still need to get a night time test drive.

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I cant wait to hear your thoughts on this headlight @Beemer. Ive been drooling over these assemblies for almost a year now since i saw them. Pretty please, post some night shots or video of it when you can!

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

I cant wait to hear your thoughts on this headlight @Beemer. Ive been drooling over these assemblies for almost a year now since i saw them. Pretty please, post some night shots or video of it when you can!

That's not gonna happen if you keep calling me @Beemer😆

• Haha 4

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

7 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

WHOOOPPPPSSSSS!

how did i do that? Sorry @DewMan.

I cracked the whip across his back all night to get him to take some pics and he still won't budge. He's a tough one, raised by gators! 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Beemer

On 1/17/2020 at 11:50 AM, cencalmoto said:

Installed this the other day.  IMO not worth the money.  Lol

yamilocow.jpg

I've been debating grabbing this, but haven't found many reviews on how people like it.  Have some additional info to share?

13 minutes ago, in7en7 said:

I've been debating grabbing this, but haven't found many reviews on how people like it.  Have some additional info to share?

I have them and they give the bike a good look imo. Purely cosmetic and pretty expensive for what they are. If you get them new try Partzilla or wait it out a used set. They were a PIA to install with my Graves for what it’s worth. FYI 

9028124B-9C7F-46FB-A2D3-53F136C3BCA7.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1tondriver said:

I have them and they give the bike a good look imo. Purely cosmetic and pretty expensive for what they are. If you get them new try Partzilla or wait it out a used set. They were a PIA to install with my Graves for what it’s worth. FYI 

9028124B-9C7F-46FB-A2D3-53F136C3BCA7.jpeg

Is that a stock seat? Or have you upgraded? If so, what seat is it and how do you like it?

13 minutes ago, Css58 said:

Is that a stock seat? Or have you upgraded? If so, what seat is it and how do you like it?

This is an old pic but yea it is a Bagster seat. More comfortable that the stock seat but I go back and forth depending on the ride.