The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Rode it for the first time and can't wait for the next day above 50. This is the most fun I've ever had with a bike. Coming from 6 bikes, never thought this world existed. Vtwin FTW

• Like 2

Gave her the first clean of the year and fitted one of those aluminium screens. Happy with the result it finishes the front end off nice and it was easy on the wallet. 

2613315F-46BF-45C9-9A59-C278533091C3.jpeg

51C421D5-0AF0-45F4-8510-9E8E9A03F18D.jpeg

Edited by Jord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I took advantage of the weather being in the 50's and rode 145 miles, epic stuff for January.

• Like 3

Just now, fzar said:

I took advantage of the weather being in the 50's and rode 145 miles, epic stuff for January.

Nice! Not that often you get that opportunity 

• Like 1

Finally on  the 5th try i think my gel seat mod is done. So....i put the seat back on my bike today and rode it 15 miles on some errands. Ill do 100 miles to and from work tomorrow and see if its actually any more comfortable lol

Installed the adjustable support for my MRA windscreen, looks totally stock when lowered ( because is in the same exact position) But is high as an hippy when totally extended , and the wind protection is quite noticeable 
I only took this photo with the windscreen extended but I will soon update the thread I made about it .

0TF8JJb.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 8:27 PM, Jay Z said:

Rode it for the first time and can't wait for the next day above 50. This is the most fun I've ever had with a bike. Coming from 6 bikes, never thought this world existed. Vtwin FTW

Hang on now, buddy....that's a parallel twin you're rocking there. But I'm with ya. I love this engine and seriously am grateful I discovered these bikes. There's just nothing else I want. Congrats on the new bike! Ride more, ride safe \m/

• Like 1

phanomenal07

Installed apmoto art ride height link today and knocked out an oil change and clean and lobed the chain too

Next up is the hord power airbox which I'll be ordering  this week

20200107_144649.jpg

• Like 1

Finally dropped the wheels off at the Powdercoat shop this morning. Pulled off the swing arm and cleaned and lubed everything before installing Linear Linkage. 
No turning back on white wheels now 😎

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 1tondriver said:

Finally dropped the wheels off at the Powdercoat shop this morning. Pulled off the swing arm and cleaned and lubed everything before installing Linear Linkage. 
No turning back on white wheels now 😎

That is something I’m waiting to see ! 

• Premium Member

I did this: Cold AF, so no rear today. I'm pulling the rear tomorrow,swingarm and doing seals and lubing pivot points etc., AP link height adjuster, the (OG) 2015 edition acquired from @pgeldz it looks sketchy but the OEM looks worse. TBH. I might take the baffle out of the Akra Ti to scare some geese away. I hate ice/snow🖕

2E90D35A-8B0D-4EE1-B28A-E409D7E3959D.jpeg

6F4FF6B2-EF2E-4DEC-B8F4-5459905683EB.jpeg

• Like 4

I've had the original ride height link since day one. Litterally the first link sold. I'd bet my bike is the longest running R on the track. Still rock solid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, mossrider said:

I've had the original ride height link since day one. Litterally the first link sold. I'd bet my bike is the longest running R on the track. Still rock solid.

I was certain I could remove the swing arm with the bike supported on the pegs by jackstands. Sadly it doesn't want to comply, looks like I'll have to take the kickstand,plates pegs, etc. to get it out. I pulled the pivot shaft and removed to bolt from the bell house. The leftside wants to move but the right side no dice. Back to the drawing board, maybe I'm doing something wrong! I don't know.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, fzar said:

I was certain I could remove the swing arm with the bike supported on the pegs by jackstands. Sadly it doesn't want to comply, looks like I'll have to take the kickstand,plates pegs, etc. to get it out. I pulled the pivot shaft and removed to bolt from the bell house. The leftside wants to move but the right side no dice. Back to the drawing board, maybe I'm doing something wrong! I don't know.

You cannot support it by the riders foot pegs and remove the swing arm. You need to support the rear end of the bike. Someone, maybe Blackout, posted a picture of a bar through the rear passenger peg mounts supported by jack stands. Someone else had a picture of an A Frame ladder and tie down straps over the rear seat area of the bike to support it. 
I had my bike supported by a front end lift and then a block of wood and jack under the engines oil pan.

Ed

• Thanks 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Evill_Ed said:

You cannot support it by the riders foot pegs and remove the swing arm. You need to support the rear end of the bike. Someone, maybe Blackout, posted a picture of a bar through the rear passenger peg mounts supported by jack stands. Someone else had a picture of an A Frame ladder and tie down straps over the rear seat area of the bike to support it. 
I had my bike supported by a front end lift and then a block of wood and jack under the engines oil pan.

Ed

I'll figure it out, I spoke with @mossrider on the phone, many options available. Worthwhile conversation I might add, humorous and informative. I'm just going to see what I have available and at hand. It's nothing Bob and I can't figure out, I do enjoy the discovery of obstacles that I have'nt encountered before, so to me I'm having fun and learning a ton. Thanks for your insight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evill_Ed said:

Ed

Or...pop the seat off and loop a strap around a frame tube. Hang it from the ceiling with a ratchet strap. 

Garonteed not to scratch anything! Or fall lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Or...pop the seat off and loop a strap around a frame tube. Hang it from the ceiling with a ratchet strap. 

Garonteed not to scratch anything! Or fall lol

I used this method, but hung the strap from an A frame ladder since I have a finished ceiling in my garage. Now that I have a lift table I"m not sure what method I'll use next time.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, DewMan said:

I used this method, but hung the strap from an A frame ladder since I have a finished ceiling in my garage. Now that I have a lift table I"m not sure what method I'll use next time.

I'm keeping my mind open to different idea's, couldn't be bothered rushing to get it done. The last thing I want is to miss something due to chasing a completion, time is on my side for once. Thanks for the ideas @mossrider, @Evill_Ed, @shinyribs, @DewMan . I'll keep you updated.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, fzar said:

This might be the sketches idea but you can remove the swing arm by supporting the bike with jack stands from the right foot peg and a part of the frame under the bike at the rear just inside the left foot peg. Definitely go a different direction if you can but I know this way works 😭🤣

I  did it with jackstands some days ago. The orange lifter is there to prevent that the end of the swing arm falls down to the ground, the hydraulic jack for  emotional security support :)
Sry for the mess, the the surgery escalated more than I had expected!

jackstand.thumb.jpg.879203e9289799a18edbb3683566d2e3.jpg

jackstand2.thumb.jpg.35ec1907abf4c14a0c8cfd4a6d1e95b9.jpg

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, ElGonzales said:

I  did it with jackstands some days ago. The orange lifter is there to prevent that the end of the swing arm falls down to the ground, the hydraulic jack for  emotional security support :)
Sry for the mess, the the surgery escalated more than I had expected!

jackstand.thumb.jpg.879203e9289799a18edbb3683566d2e3.jpg

jackstand2.thumb.jpg.35ec1907abf4c14a0c8cfd4a6d1e95b9.jpg

Looks like you used the passenger peg mounts, I didn't have them, even if I did my jackstands are too short. i already had them up on 2x4's  for my rearsets. All done now. Thanks though... Pics to come..

Nothing I had planned this evening got accomplished due to a big azz Hematoma developing on my shoulder from the last surgery. Just got back from emergency having it drained (will spare you pics). I have shiny new parts to be installed but will have to wait a week or two 🤬 when I can use both arms. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

Nothing I had planned this evening got accomplished due to a big azz Hematoma developing on my shoulder from the last surgery. Just got back from emergency having it drained (will spare you pics). I have shiny new parts to be installed but will have to wait a week or two 🤬 when I can use both arms. 

Ouch!!!! Take it easy for a while.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Tracked down and found an extra motor on fleabay to start my boosted E85 build for next year ... this motor is gonna be torn down and rebuilt with aftermarket rod, valves, springs, ceramic coated pistons, ARP head/cylinder studs, HD clutch springs, transmission service(cut gears and shim),set turbo sized piston ring gap and bigger 600cc  injectors (oem is 250cc) 

Just need ARP bolts, transmission pulled to get sent out, order bigger injectors and find some ceramic coated pistons to finish off the big items... 

• Like 5

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW