The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

12 hours ago, Littlebriar said:

Do you really need the screwdriver?

Nope. I have a super tiny flathead screwdriver that I was able to get in there just fine for both adjusters. I can see the value though in the angled one since it was definitely a tight fit. 

Got my Healtech QSE quickshifter(FTECU one I bought seems to have a dud sensor, didnt have time to deal with sending it in for testing and possible replacement yet ) installed yesterday, makes the bike even more fun. Found some settings for an 07 on another forum, they're a great baseline, might tweak them a bit. 

I've finally gotten around to working on the bike. Installed an R6 throttle tube, with Domino grips. And got the Bonamici rearsets on. Sorry for the washed out pic of the shifter side. These rearsets feel great with the drag bars. 

20190326_165349.jpg

20190326_165404.jpg

20190326_165356.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cyow5 said:

Nope. I have a super tiny flathead screwdriver that I was able to get in there just fine for both adjusters. I can see the value though in the angled one since it was definitely a tight fit. 

I'm a little confused about 'both' adjusters you speak of.  Shouldn't you only be adjusting the bypass air screw on throttle body #2(passenger side) to match throttle body #1?

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, sunblock said:

Bought the Haynes workshop manual

2019-01-2921.06.50.md.jpg

Nice!

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, NiteRyder said:

I'm a little confused about 'both' adjusters you speak of.  Shouldn't you only be adjusting the bypass air screw on throttle body #2(passenger side) to match throttle body #1?

Pretty sure you are right, chalk it up to bad memory since I haven't messed with this in over a year

On 3/27/2019 at 12:44 AM, tonerco said:

I've finally gotten around to working on the bike. Installed an R6 throttle tube, with Domino grips. And got the Bonamici rearsets on. Sorry for the washed out pic of the shifter side. These rearsets feel great with the drag bars. 

20190326_165349.jpg

20190326_165404.jpg

20190326_165356.jpg

Like your akrapovic, what made you choose it over the titanium version

1 hour ago, cyow5 said:

Pretty sure you are right, chalk it up to bad memory since I haven't messed with this in over a year

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if the procedure was different for previous years.

• Premium Member
On 3/27/2019 at 9:00 AM, sunblock said:

Bought the Haynes workshop manual

2019-01-2921.06.50.md.jpg

It's a great manual to have, I have one too and use it for reference. I mean look they even spelt (colour) right!!! Joking. Well worth the small cost, to me anyway.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, fzar said:

It's a great manual to have, I have one too and use it for reference. I mean look they even spelt (colour) right!!! Joking. Well worth the small cost, to me anyway. 

I just ordered myself one as well. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, Aden said:

Like your akrapovic, what made you choose it over the titanium version

Thanks! It was already on the bike when I bought it. 

Actually, it was yesterday at Tortilla Flat.  Didn't stop to photo all the blooming lupine along the side of the road but did get this up top:

TortillaFlat.thumb.jpg.ca92d547efdbad7618e9beaed467a778.jpg

• Like 3

Picked up my new (to me) 2016 MT07 from the dealers.  Nice ride home through scenic Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire.  Very please with the bike so far

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dan L said:

Picked up my new (to me) 2016 MT07 from the dealers.  Nice ride home through scenic Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire.  Very please with the bike so far

Congrats! Nothing beats the new bike feeling!

First time cleaning and lubing the chain (ever! this is my first bike).

Wasn't too difficult but I am definitely going to be picking up a paddock stand before it's needed again. Having to wheel the bike back and forth around the garage was a bit of a pain, and made it awkward to get an even application of lube on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mule said:

Wasn't too difficult but I am definitely going to be picking up a paddock stand before it's needed again. Having to wheel the bike back and forth around the garage was a bit of a pain, and made it awkward to get an even application of lube on.

This is the paddock stand that I use for mine if you don't want to break the bank:

oxford_big_black_bike_rear_stand.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Work on the back of your bike easier with the Big Black Bike Rear Stand. You'll wonder how you ever lived without one!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mule said:

I use this set (even have a review on there) for storage and maintenance. Works perfectly so far, and is super affordable. 

Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Front Fork & Rear Paddle Combo Wheel Lift Stands Paddock Stands https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077T23IO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_L9JOCbJ8VPW38

Thanks guys. Small complication is that I live in NZ and stands are heavy enough that shipping is prohibitively expensive, so am limited to local retailers. There's a small local company that make stands which have come recommended, just waiting to hear back from them.

18 hours ago, mule said:

Thanks guys. Small complication is that I live in NZ and stands are heavy enough that shipping is prohibitively expensive, so am limited to local retailers. There's a small local company that make stands which have come recommended, just waiting to hear back from them.

Have you considered getting a center stand? (maybe too much for shipping also?) A number of us have them and they work great for simple things like chain cleaning/lubing and they also come in very handy when the surface is less than perfect for parking your bike. They take the weight off your tires also when storing them in the winter. Not so great if you're going to race the bike. GL!

• Like 2

Beemer

Liquidmetal

Put the FZ's battery on the charger this morning before leaving for work.  Looked outside while doing it and the white stuff was falling from the sky.  Not good.

FZ is still in its winter slumber under a cover in the storage shed.  All it requires is its battery and a quick check of the tire pressures before hitting the road.

Temps are gonna be in the 60s this weekend, so there is a good chance that the FZ will see its maiden voyage of 2019 on Saturday or Sunday.  Finally.

• Like 4

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

19 hours ago, Beemer said:

Have you considered getting a center stand? (maybe too much for shipping also?) A number of us have them and they work great for simple things like chain cleaning/lubing and they also come in very handy when the surface is less than perfect for parking your bike. They take the weight off your tires also when storing them in the winter. Not so great if you're going to race the bike. GL!

I had a brief look but didn't see any that I could get here for less than twice the price of a paddock stand. A paddock stand also has the benefit of fitting another bike (either for me or for somebody else if I decide to sell it on).

3 hours ago, mule said:

I had a brief look but didn't see any that I could get here for less than twice the price of a paddock stand. A paddock stand also has the benefit of fitting another bike (either for me or for somebody else if I decide to sell it on).

Wow, that's just sad, I feel for you. Best of luck, it sounds like you'll literally need it. 

Beemer

On 3/31/2019 at 5:28 PM, mule said:

I agree 100%.  I just cleaned/lubed mine for the first time (all other times were done at the shop with a PM) and I have decided a I definitely need a center stand.  Hated having to walk back and forth across the drive.