The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Installed the MRA Double Bubble windscreen just a moment ago, I'll test it out when I ride tomorrow.

rps20190215_192100.jpg

rps20190215_192154.jpg

• Like 1

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Global Moderator
On 1/22/2019 at 6:50 PM, Blitz6804 said:

So I went and bought a new windscreen... STILL doesn't fit.  Anyone know what size bolts Yamaha gives you to install the windscreen?  If I got longer ones of the same size/thread depth, that should fix i

Put her away after filling her up

Am currently in Los Angeles, will be heading out in the morning back to Phoenix 

This trip has been an emotional roller coaster and I'm glad it's over

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:02 AM, acevedo_corinne@yahoo.com said:

What do I do for my chain after it has started rusting? I haven't ridden it throughout the winter and now am in the process of cleaning it up/doing minor repairs. I tried using WD-40 to get the rust off, but I seemed to have just made it worse. The chain now looks mucked up and dirty and I'm not sure where to go from here. :'(  (2016 FZ-07)

The only way to remove rust is abrasion or acid. Vinegar works very well, but I'm not sure if it could harm your o-rings or not. Anytime you use an acid to remove rust, you also have to go back and neutralize the acid. Baking soda dissolved in warm water works great for this. 

But really, a little surface rust won't hurt anything. Personally, I only clean my chains with kerosene. Very low odor and doesn't leave any crazy films or anything behind. 

If you do decide to attack it with a wire brush be sure to keep the wire bristles away from the o-rings. Or use a nylon bristled brush to be safe. Though I'm not sure soft bristles would be any use anyway.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:02 AM, acevedo_corinne@yahoo.com said:

What do I do for my chain after it has started rusting? I haven't ridden it throughout the winter and now am in the process of cleaning it up/doing minor repairs. I tried using WD-40 to get the rust off, but I seemed to have just made it worse. The chain now looks mucked up and dirty and I'm not sure where to go from here. :'(  (2016 FZ-07)

Naval Jelly is strong stuff but you would have to be even more careful with it than vinegar alone. I would do a test spot for about 1 minute to see how well that worked before I increased the time. If you buy it definitely read the directions carefully. 

Beemer

Miku got to test the "top speed" function of the speedohealer.  Got on the thruway for a long, salty ride, and when I got home, I pressed that little red button.  Sure enough, it shows the highest speed reached!

47 minutes ago, Blitz6804 said:

Miku got to test the "top speed" function of the speedohealer.  Got on the thruway for a long, salty ride, and when I got home, I pressed that little red button.  Sure enough, it shows the highest speed reached!

And the highest speed reached is?

WankyMcTugger

I got it home from the dealer on a trailer with 0 miles. I put the akrapovic ti on it, removed the snorkel, and flashed it with the 2wdw tune. Then I put my first 9 miles on it. Currently waiting for it to cool down fully so I can put the second heat cycle on it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WankyMcTugger said:

I got it home from the dealer on a trailer with 0 miles. I put the akrapovic ti on it, removed the snorkel, and flashed it with the 2wdw tune. Then I put my first 9 miles on it. Currently waiting for it to cool down fully so I can put the second heat cycle on it. 

lol! That name!

Beemer

Installed the wind guards on my Bark Buster hand guards as they just came in the mail with my new heated glove inserts. I'll be able to test them out tomorrow.

rps20190226_190659.jpg

rps20190226_190645.jpg

rps20190226_190628.jpg

rps20190226_190557.jpg

• Like 1

308144.png

Forgot to post it yesterday...

What did I do to my FZ-07 today?  Sent it sliding into a snowbank.

=(

I just ordered the replacement plastic parts from partszilla; about $75 and you'll never notice it had gone for a slide.  I just need to get the front wheel realigned in the fender.

5 minutes ago, Blitz6804 said:

Forgot to post it yesterday...

What did I do to my FZ-07 today?  Sent it sliding into a snowbank.

=(

I just ordered the replacement plastic parts from partszilla; about $75 and you'll never notice it had gone for a slide.  I just need to get the front wheel realigned in the fender.

Sliding into snow, sounds like fun! At least you're alright and it didn't cost an arm and a leg to repair.

• Like 1

Beemer

I'm just bruised in about eight places.  My gear has some scuffs in it, including a hole in my jacket's sleeve.  At least it did what it was supposed to?

11 minutes ago, Blitz6804 said:

I'm just bruised in about eight places.  My gear has some scuffs in it, including a hole in my jacket's sleeve.  At least it did what it was supposed to?

Airplane pilots have that saying, (you've probably heard it) "Any landing you can walk away from is a good one". I think the same applies here. Gj landing and glad you aren't banged up too awfully bad. On a good note, now your jacket has character! (patch) Stay frosty!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Beemer

22 hours ago, Beemer said:

Stay frosty!

Not the most sensitive thing to say to a guy who just slid into a snow bank, hahaha

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, cyow5 said:

Not the most sensitive thing to say to a guy who just slid into a snow bank, hahaha

Ha! That thought had crossed my mind but I figured he wasn't a snowflake and could brush a few words off. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

A couple of days ago I installed my OEM windscreen I bought with the bike.  https://www.amazon.com/YAMAHA-TINTED-WINDSCREEN-WINDSHIELD-1WS-F83J0-V0-00/dp/B016WSXII4

Then I rode her down to the harbor freight parking lot sale today. Got some Microfiber towels, racket swivels and extenders and some shop gloves. 

windshield.thumb.jpg.654096b71e769828eee7cdef9fca2dcc.jpg

Edited by Benh972
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cornholio-be said:

Bought a Fastpack tail bag 

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy The Cycle Guys CG2-03 FastPack Size 3 Tail Bag: Bike Pack Accessories - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY...

I got one of those a couple years back, it comes in handy and barely changes the profile of your bike when it's all zipped up and not in use.

Beemer

njdevils1990

Nothing yet as of right now but about to finish up my weekend trip to Daytona, FL it'll be about 2,200 miles (3,540 km) in total since Friday morning.

• Like 1

308144.png

On 12/14/2018 at 9:06 AM, ZachEcho said:

Finally got my quickshifter on. Also had a racing bros shock installed :D

J0Sq2Gg.jpgtXtmmIo.jpg

Did you have to mess with kill times at all for the quickshifter? Or were the kill times enabled through the ECU based part of the quickshifter already ideal? Getting ready to order the same shifter but trying to figure out if I need to send my ECU back to 2WDW to adjust kill times. 

6 minutes ago, 208MT07 said:

Did you have to mess with kill times at all for the quickshifter? Or were the kill times enabled through the ECU based part of the quickshifter already ideal? Getting ready to order the same shifter but trying to figure out if I need to send my ECU back to 2WDW to adjust kill times. 

I had my quickshifter installed by an FTECU dealer, they didn't mess with the times but they did have to enable quickshifting on my ECU

• Thanks 1

Bigturbomax

I got "boob" status on the odemeter and changed the oil

20190314_174358-1008x756.jpg

20190316_205800-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2