The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

7 minutes ago, Kargaburun5 said:

Brushed and cleaned headers as they were getting rusty. Repaired the dents and scratches on the exhaust cover too.

2018-11-04-14h57m35_crop.thumb.jpg.a07d29aea0f359fb86d1920a67685a0b.jpg

Then painted with heat resistant anti-rust and black paint.

2018-11-11-13h46m53.thumb.jpg.b70c57fc2b60603bc4bd378e669e9184.jpg

Turned out not bad.

Nice! How much for the cat?

• Like 3

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
4 hours ago, Kargaburun5 said:

Brushed and cleaned headers as they were getting rusty. Repaired the dents and scratches on the exhaust cover too. Then painted with heat resistant anti-rust and black paint.

I've noticed my headers getting a little rusty too.  I just might have to try this treatment--thanks for sharing. 👍

• Like 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I made some tank huggers out of a $12.00 Islanders surf board stomp pad.....just did a little cutting with an exacto knife and presto.

They look pretty good I think

20190105_144556-2.jpg

20190105_144510-2.jpg

• Like 1

After the spark plug replacement last week, now I did the throttle bodies synchronization

I wanted to use this DIY manometer with oil filled hose, but I always have bad luck with such kind of stuff and would surely end up with a lot of oil between my pistons and cylinder heads :D My parts dealer had a 20% discount promotion right now, so i took the chance and bought good analogue gauges. 

The difference between the throttle bodies should not exceed 1.33 kPa (says Yamaha manual), I had ~2 kPa:

After turning the air screw of throttle bodie #2 a little bit to the right, it 

seemed to be ok:

• Like 2

Looks like a decent game and should keep your mind occupied for hours every day to combat the boredom. Can't say it would help towards not thinking about riding. 

• Like 2

Beemer

@Beemer It's a pretty fun game and cool seeing all the MTs available. I just have to figure out a way to get my bike down to the basement so I can sit on it while I play. 

• Haha 1

Instagram: @jayparrington 

4 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

@Beemer It's a pretty fun game and cool seeing all the MTs available. I just have to figure out a way to get my bike down to the basement so I can sit on it while I play. 

Just take your seat off and put it in a chair and pretend or you can try this ……

Pretending is easier.

• Like 2

Beemer

While I didn't do anything special, I was able to enjoy a ride running some errands.  It was the first ride since I broke my right index finger in early December.  Turns out that I also have a sprained tendon, but had enough strength and mobility after a few days of going without buddy tape to ease around a bit on the bike.  Felt great!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

While I didn't do anything special, I was able to enjoy a ride running some errands.  It was the first ride since I broke my right index finger in early December.  Turns out that I also have a sprained tendon, but had enough strength and mobility after a few days of going without buddy tape to ease around a bit on the bike.  Felt great!

Congrats on finally being able to get back out and enjoying a ride. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
On 1/6/2019 at 5:57 AM, ElGonzales said:

After the spark plug replacement last week, now I did the throttle bodies synchronization

I wanted to use this DIY manometer with oil filled hose, but I always have bad luck with such kind of stuff and would surely end up with a lot of oil between my pistons and cylinder heads :D My parts dealer had a 20% discount promotion right now, so i took the chance and bought good analogue gauges. 

The difference between the throttle bodies should not exceed 1.33 kPa (says Yamaha manual), I had ~2 kPa:

seemed to be ok:

Give us a link. Please.

9 hours ago, fzar said:

Give us a link. Please.

A link to what? 

I've bought the gauges at Louis in Hamburg/Germany. I had a 20% coupon and was in a holiday mood, that made my mind weak and I became a victim of capitalism :) :

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/boehm-synchroniser-with-capsule-element/10002866

I am very satisfied, you can set a stepless damping at the gauge and you can  match the displayed values of the both gauges, so they show exactly the same value if connected together to the same vacuum source. 1.33 kPa are really no big range for tolerance. 

Adjusted the wind guards on the grips because after 30 minutes riding with the heated grips on in 20º F weather, I couldn't feel my right pinky any more.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 12:57 PM, ElGonzales said:

seemed to be ok:

Hi,

please i would like some advice from you. i am doing trottle body sync on my EU MT-07 but i found tutorials only for fz-07. they have only plug on right trottle body and i have hose, same as on left side of the bike.

my question is. do i need to plug hose on right side to T-reduction on right side, same as i did on left?

8 hours ago, dubakak said:

Hi,

please i would like some advice from you. i am doing trottle body sync on my EU MT-07 but i found tutorials only for fz-07. they have only plug on right trottle body and i have hose, same as on left side of the bike.

my question is. do i need to plug hose on right side to T-reduction on right side, same as i did on left?

Explanations are not the purpose of this thread, but I made pictures of my prepared manometer connection points. I did a quick drawing of the right side:

1644608592_tb-syncright.thumb.jpg.64f077983fe3489a6da08769165358d4.jpg

The dotted red area is the path of the hose behind the metal of the frame. 

On the left side, also put a T-fitting between throttle body and the air sensor beneath the tank too and there you go:

641755094_tb-syncleft.thumb.jpg.d98535c334fc65cb4f52370d96a5444b.jpg

(to lazy to draw any further, I think you see what i mean) 

• Thanks 1

Did the best thing ever today.  My 2yr old daughter asked to ride the motorcycle, so she hopped on and straddled the tank side of the seat while I rode "around" her. I never thought 20 minutes of slow speed turns in the driveway/ parking lot could leave me with such a huge smile and totally satisfied! She rode like a champ, nothing but smiles and squeals! Ahhh my heart is full. 

• Like 6

Tried to re-locate my speedometer today... doesn't fit under the windshield.  =(

Guess I need to find a new windshield?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Blitz6804 said:

Tried to re-locate my speedometer today... doesn't fit under the windshield.  =(

Guess I need to find a new windshield?

...I had the same problem and chose to tinker around a little bit and raised my shield with spacers. All spacers have the same length, so the angle of the shield stayed original. And then, I moved the speedo a little bit more towards the tank. 

The bracket set for fixing the speedometer in front of the handlebar came from ABM (https://ab-m.de/en/motorcycle-accessories-shop-details/80/optik-design/123/frontmaske), but it is no rocket science to grind, cut and bend the metal parts by yourself. 

raising shield.jpg

I have an neon yellow Ermax I had to wait forever to get.  I bought the Shapeways relocation bracket... and of course they don't fit together.  Some dremeling with the Ermax bracket and I can put the Shapeways bracket on... but the windshield is just a touch too close.  And I cant try the spacer trick like you suggest, because the bolts on the Ermax are diagonal rather than straight.  =(

Revzilla will be delivering me my new screen Friday... hopefully that one's compatible.  Sucks to lose the neon yellow though.

I thought longingly about it and wondered if it misses me as well.   Currently in storage until winter releases its death grip on us.   Currently -9 C moving to -23 C.  For the non metric readers that is 15 F moving to -9 F.

Add to that we are getting a couple cm (inches)  of snow.

• Sad 1

I haven't put it on yet but I did just buy a K&N oil filter. It's no big deal but @DewMan convinced me how a nut on an oil filter can make an oil change a lot easier and less messy. 

thPVZDUETW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beemer

Got to ride my daughter gain today.  Also rode my son as well.  Odd feeling with someone riding pillion.  Rode them both together as well which felt better than just my son on pillion as it helped balance the bike out for me.  They absolutely loved it and it makes me smile.  It was also good practice for low speed maneuvering.  Great day.  I do need to give it a once over wash and lube the chain. 

• Like 1