The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

I really like that rad guard hippiebikerchick. Now I just need to find a way to make it work with the Yamaha accessory side guards :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I really like that rad guard hippiebikerchick. Now I just need to find a way to make it work with the Yamaha accessory side guards :) 
- Paulie
I know! They belong together! Do you have them so you can see how to do it? I think Lusiphur did it so there is hope.

Illegitimi non carborundum

- Paulie
I know! They belong together! Do you have them so you can see how to do it? I think Lusiphur did it so there is hope.
http://fz07.org/post/6452/thread

There ya go!

• Premium Member

Put the original bars, grips and pegs back on the '12 Ninja 650R getting it ready to ride to the dealer's when my FZ-07 comes in.

You guys and gals have convinced me to tell the dealer to get me one. He has one coming in October, but he called other dealers to see if we might get one sooner. No luck on a red one or a white one yet, so I'll have wait. I'm stoked!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nothing so much to bolt on the bike but I bought two more sets of indicator leads to finish hooking all my turn signals up and a Stockton fold out tool set, which will come in handy. Didn't feel like spending $100+ on a pair of riding pants so I picked up a good pair of kneepads for $20 while I was at Cycle Gear.

Tool set: http://www.cyclegear.com/STOCKTON-TOOL-COMPANY-15-in-1-Multi-Tool

• Like 1

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member

Nothing so much to bolt on the bike but I bought two more sets of indicator leads to finish hooking all my turn signals up and a Stockton fold out tool set, which will come in handy. Didn't feel like spending $100+ on a pair of riding pants so I picked up a good pair of kneepads for $20 while I was at Cycle Gear. 
Tool set: http://www.cyclegear.com/STOCKTON-TOOL-COMPANY-15-in-1-Multi-Tool
Nice, I need to grab one of those tool sets for the backpack. Priced right, too. 

I've been meaning to remove the fork reflectors as well. Anyone know what to torque the bolts back down to, or did you just go by feel/snug tight?

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator

I just went by feel. That what I do with most bolts to be honest. Except for head bolts and wheel bolts (on cars).
My grand dad always said that you have to tighten a bolt 1/4 turn before breaking point.

I just went by feel. That what I do with most bolts to be honest. Except for head bolts and wheel bolts (on cars). My grand dad always said that you have to tighten a bolt 1/4 turn before breaking point.
My only concern was that they seemed (if I am recalling correctly) like they were holding the brake calipers on so if I could be precise I would.  I have no issue with by feel if nobody thinks that's a bad idea haha.  I usually do the same myself, but I've found there are more things on a bike I can over-tighten than on a truck or car.  I'll be doing this and hopefully some new bar-end mirrors this weekend.  Maybe more if the rain doesn't go away! 

Turn of the nut method is very common practice with high strength steel bolts.  I'd say 1/4 turn is being conservative.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Damn I blew out my turn signal fuse, installing my LEDs. Then after install they do not light up, even though I replaced the fuse as my DRLs work and tail light, just not the turn signals. Any help would be appreciated.

• Premium Member

Do you have a pic of the wiring? LED's don't just blow so it's a wiring issue somewhere.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Damn I blew out my turn signal fuse, installing my LEDs. Then after install they do not light up, even though I replaced the fuse as my DRLs work and tail light, just not the turn signals. Any help would be appreciated.
When I bought my LEDs, I asked about getting a load resistor for the fast flashing issue. They told me to hold off because not all bikes/LEDs will have this problem and its best to install first and see what happens. He said if they flash too fast or don't come on at all to try the resistor. He said no guarantee it'll work though. He had seen rare times when a specific LED was just not compatible with a certain bike. Not sure why. I think if it came to that you could also try an LED flasher relay.

I blew a fuse installing the led license plate light. I forgot to turn the key to the off position after testing the leds turn signals.
:D
Mine flash a little fast but im ok with it for now.

Bike is getting its 600 mile service while i surf the net

Thanks again for the help. It turns out another fuse blew out, not the turn signals either. As of now I readjusted the wiring, so I get some quick flashing. I order a flasher relay so hopefully it comes in sometime next week

Just did my 1000 mile oil change a little early, at 950 miles. Put Mobil 1 racing 4t 10w40 in with a K&n oil filter.

Anything else I need to do for the 1000 mile service?

• Premium Member

Took the bike to get the throttle bodies synced. They were a little off, bike is running smoother and sounds deeper now. Metallic rattle mostly went away too. $36, can't beat it.

Everything went braap.

Took the bike to get the throttle bodies synced. They were a little off, bike is running smoother and sounds deeper now. Metallic rattle mostly went away too. $36, can't beat it.
This is a good example of why a members location is of interest.  Is this shop in my town or 3000 miles away???? 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

Sorry broman, forgot to set that.

Redline motorsports in Yorktown, Virginia.

Everything went braap.

Had a little snafu at the dealer.
They dropped and cracked the logo on the left side of the tank.

They immediately came over and told me what happened and explained that they had already ordered the part, apologized profusely and said they would call when it came in and swap it out.
It's really not that bad, but I am impressed by their honesty.

That is the type of place I give my hard earned money to.
Mistakes happen.
how you handle the mistake is the make or break of a business.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

Sorry to hear that. It happens and I am surprised that the dealer pick it up so well. The best thing to do in a situation like that is confess immediately, which they did. It makes all the difference.
I am amazed that the only damage is the logo. Do you have sliders installed?

Just did my 1000 mile oil change a little early, at 950 miles. Put Mobil 1 racing 4t 10w40 in with a K&n oil filter.  
Anything else I need to do for the 1000 mile service?
Mile or Kilometer? if its miles it should have been done at 600 if kilometers your right on.