The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Tried to install my oes sliders and realized I don't have a 10 mm hex driver.
Received my tail tidy from Ryan. Thanks Ryan! Super fast turn around.
Took the warning label off the tank which I hadn't even noticed before I read the thread!

• Premium Member
Tried to install my oes sliders and realized I don't have a 10 mm hex driver. Received my tail tidy from Ryan. Thanks Ryan! Super fast turn around.
Took the warning label off the tank which I hadn't even noticed before I read the thread!

Hate when that happens. I did the same thing. Can't have a better excuse to buy some new tools though.

Everything went braap.

TwistedTorque

Semi installed the puig windscreen since one of the bolts still isn't completely lined up. Will fix during the week.

And a pic from the weekend  8-)

8INYtaL.jpg

I swapped out the stock pegs for a pair of more comfortable items.  Also managed a secure but temporary mounting of an old tail bag. 

IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

• Like 1

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

Tried to install my oes sliders and realized I don't have a 10 mm hex driver. Received my tail tidy from Ryan. Thanks Ryan! Super fast turn around.

Hate when that happens. I did the same thing. Can't have a better excuse to buy some new tools though.
I bought a whole hex driver bit set just for the one bit.  :D
  • Like 1

Life is good on 2 wheels!

TwistedTorque
You and me both.
  • Like 1

You and me both.
I'll join this crowd!  I bought two sets, metric and inch 8-) IMG_1858.jpg

• Like 1

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

What do you think of them overall and how was installation? Eyeing a set myself.

I also bought a hex driver set haha. Can't beat a set of bits, never leaves you hanging.

Everything went braap.

What size is that one?
It's the middle length one. Not the shorty and not the biggest one. I think they call it the full length. They say its a 2 finger lever but I can fit three fingers easily on it.  
Overall these levers/perches are pretty sweet! Great quality for sure. I'm not sure if they will work for the brake side lever tho I've never tried. The decrease in pull effort on the clutch is probably about 50%. Well that's how it feels to me at least. Installation was pretty easy. The hardest part was getting the old lever and perch off. It's a one piece perch and I think the only way to get it off without harming it is to take the bar end off and then take the grip off and slid the stock perch off. I wasn't that patient so I carefully used a sawzall and cut it off. Wound up scratching the bars a tad bit with the sawzall but I don't really care about that. I think I need to get the perch spacer from Them also. Seems like I need a little more room to pull the lever. I'm not a clutch adjusting pro so I could just be wrong on the adjustment. 

Bike night at cycle gear! Awesome turnout, had to be about 50 bikes. Wish I had a pic of all the bikes but forgot to get one. Hope they put one up.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I picked up a nail in my tire.  >:D

On a good note my radiator guard from Evotech arrived.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
I like that rad guard a lot...where did you get it from? 
- Paulie

I got mine from Motostarz. First they sent me a Street Triple guard and for a second I thought about getting the bike to match (I really like it), but then practicality kicked in and I had it replaced.
Nice piece.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
- Paulie
Found it on eBay. I really like the Yamaha side covers too so I'll probably get those as well. 

- Paulie
Found it on eBay. I really like the Yamaha side covers too so I'll probably get those as well. 
I've read the side covers only fit with the R&G radiator guard. Someone modified the evotech to make it fit though so there is hope 8-).

R&G is out of the box compatible with the way the rad side covers mount (screw in from the inside). Evotech is incompatible. You would have to cut the mounting brackets of the side covers and either live with the one screw per side that gets attached to the back of the rad (the fan bracket), or find another way to attach it to the cover as well.

Installed adjustable levers.

Chinese ebay levers.

Easy install and I'm very impressed with them considering the price.

I put photos up in the parts and accessories board.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Installed the evotech rad guard. I love the way it looks. Sorry the pic is dark but now my bike is darker. There is also a glimpse of the OES sliders. That's my Shadow in the background too.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7534_zps2a58e01c.jpg

• Like 2