The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Yeah its basically just tubing sitting on wood, no need for joiners as we only have two throttle bodies. I did notice that the screws turn quite easily though, just messed with them a little to see if I would be fighting with them. Here's a good video that shows a homemade sync tool.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member
Installed red OES frame sliders. I hope they never get used.
Ditto!   

Looking very nice!!!

- Paulie

• Premium Member
Installed ASV adjustable levers
Where in the world did you find them?  I've been searching all over! 
Do tell, please!

:)

- Paulie

Installed ASV adjustable levers
Where in the world did you find them?  I've been searching all over! 
Do tell, please!

:)

- Paulie

Bought them off of the fleabay....errrr ebay. Shipped from the U.K. Pricey if you ask me at $240 shipped, but they are well worth it. I've had ASV adjustable levers on every bike I've owned and they can't be beat

• Premium Member

Can you PM me a link? I've been looking forever. Are these the Yamaha Accessory ones? I believe the ones sold through Yamaha are Black with Silver adjusters, and the normal ASV's are Black with Red adjusters, but you can get Silver adjusters as an option, as well as a few different colors also.

Rear seat cover.

8-) Now I see it! LOL I stared at that picture for what seemed like a couple minutes and just didn't notice anything different.

• Premium Member
Rear seat cover.
8-) Now I see it! LOL I stared at that picture for what seemed like a couple minutes and just didn't notice anything different.
Yeah, it's pretty subtle, but I think it'll go great with the undertail I have coming ;) 
- Paulie

Guest montana07

Well no mod, but yesterday i put in a couple hundred miles, and on one particularly long straight section of highway I just couldn't resist opening her up. Maxxed out at 117mph.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Throttle body sync, oil change, tightened and lubed the chain and took the slack out of the throttle. I swear the dealer didn't fill the oil up right.

Actually, Yammies come with oil in the engine straight from the shipping crate.
Doesn't mean somebody didn't add some when they didn't have to, though.
Seen that more than once.

Today, I rode it, rode it, rode it, and changed the earl and filter at dusk.

TwistedTorque
Me too ... rode through NJ and NY back roads .. PERFECT day.

Hmm I may have to take a trip up there, that's only 90 mins out from Queens.

Me too ... rode through NJ and NY back roads .. PERFECT day. 

Hmm I may have to take a trip up there, that's only 90 mins out from Queens.
There is a lot of nice territory up that way.  Head over to the 7 lakes and Bear mountain .. quite impressive.  Nice roads, some twisties and so far have not run into anything that looks like traffic.

• Premium Member

Changed the oil @ 640 miles, checked the chain (was good, no adjustment), gave the bike a good wash with S100 cleaner and installed a set of Yamaha saddlebags.

They were really a pain, and the instructions were not great. Black painted bits on the bike are suuuuper easy to scratch. Be forewarned.

Bags are good quality though with a good bit of storage. Look sharp too but wish the strap across the pillon sat further up. Pics when it's not dark.

Everything went braap.

I gave my 07 a bath today and cleaned the insect graveyard lol. Then I waxed it. The wheels are a pain to wipe clean!! I kept hitting my hands on the brake discs and got all greasy from the chain. I need a stand ASAP.

• Like 2

I gave my 07 a bath today and cleaned the insect graveyard lol. Then I waxed it. The wheels are a pain to wipe clean!! I kept hitting my hands on the brake discs and got all greasy from the chain. I need a stand ASAP.
You think these are hard to wash?  My Triumph has some nice spoked chrome wheels to clean.  Nice and shiny, but give me mag wheels anytime.  I agree, I need a paddock stand too.
  • Like 1

Is that a beagle? I <3 beagles! 

I turned over 1K today on a ride to the Pacific Ocean and back.
Yes, she's my 10 year old beagle.  They are the sweetest dogs, very tenacious and stubborn if food is involved.  I built a locked trash bin as she's gotten herself into trouble quite a few times.  She has had a hard life I attribute to bad genetics (puppy mills).  Treated her for cancer when she was 2 and 1/2, radiation therapy and surgery; she's also blown both ACL's, fortunately not at the same time.  I'm really glad we did not opt for surgery for those, but I can say she's had a very happy life.  We take good care of her and she's actually getting gray now, but so am I.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
 Tip for the wheels, use Goo Gone, takes all the crap off and shines them up.
  • Like 1