The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Were those boots really worth that drive?
Not really, but the drive was worth the boots  8-)
  • Like 3

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

My bro wrapped the FZ matte black, installed Ryan's fender eliminator and we added front and rear LED signals. We still need to wrap the front fender.

Thanks to Lusipher for the LED recommendation. Also thanks for Ryan for the quality FE.

CwpZbBt.jpg

9SYqini.jpg

ATKz1G2.jpg

Pvenjt7.jpg

• Like 1

That looks sick, hoss! I like it a lot.

What did you use to paint the side bits black? Did you do it yourself or take it to someone?

Also, what mirrors are those and how do you like them? Does down below the grips work well for actually using the mirrors compared to out to the side?

Life is good on 2 wheels!

What did you use to paint the side bits black? Did you do it yourself or take it to someone?

Also, what mirrors are those and how do you like them? Does down below the grips work well for actually using the mirrors compared to out to the side?
Its not painted. My bro owns a car wrapping business so he wrapped our bike Matte black with 3M vinyl. It was a bitch to do but I love the black on black with silver frame. Mirrors are from CycleGear easy install. We installed on them below the grips just for fun but you can actually see behind you pretty well so we kept it.

Still need to wrap the left side and front fender. Its 2 face right now black and white.

Thanks for the info!

My mistake... I thought in your gallery you said you painted the rear sets and other side cover bits that were silver.

Nonetheless... Looks great!

Thanks for the info!  
My mistake... I thought in your gallery you said you painted the rear sets and other side cover bits that were silver.

Nonetheless... Looks great!
Totally misread your question. The white fairings are wrapped and the rear sets and side covers are painted. Just used some Rustoleum paint from Auto Zone and Home Depot. Finished it with matte clear coat.

• Premium Member

Mailman dropped off some goodies today.

jiuYkQW.jpg

rOGeQxm.jpg

• Like 1

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member

Its not painted. My bro owns a car wrapping business so he wrapped our bike Matte black with 3M vinyl. It was a bitch to do but I love the black on black with silver frame. Mirrors are from CycleGear easy install. We installed on them below the grips just for fun but you can actually see behind you pretty well so we kept it.  
Still need to wrap the left side and front fender. Its 2 face right now black and white.

Looks really good. I was going to try something similar but you beat me to it. As a red base it would be alll black. :)

Anyway, besides going to and from work I stopped in to check out a bike shop. Got a state inspection and tightened the chain, cause it had a lot of slack in it. The owner brought me in the back to decide where to mount the sticker. Didn't really have many options and I didn't want to ruin the black forks. Also got a cool t-shirt. :D

Looks well enough.

2l762r.jpg
  • Like 1

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

What does the state inspect and why is the sticker so massive for a motorcycle? Washington only requires a sticker on the license plate. I like that a lot better.

unboxed my A* smx plus boots,changed the oil at 3030 miles, took a long ride out and about the city, impact tested my A* boots the construction workers were nice enough to give me cones to weave through and i hit one doing 30mph the lady behind me found it funny.....and so did i not a single pain that would have hurt like hell if i was in normal boots it was a really hard cone. had to adjust my shift lever because the boots wont fit under it also cleaned/lubed chain.

Put some scratches on my foot peg feeler for the first time ever going around a highway on ramp turn. Momentarily freaked out then smiling and laughing in my helmet.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
What does the state inspect and why is the sticker so massive for a motorcycle? Washington only requires a sticker on the license plate. I like that a lot better.

It's the same size as a car, it's senseless! The list is head lights, stop lights, tail lights, license lights, signal lights, other lights, reflectors, brakes, tires, wheels, exhaust, mirror, horn, glazing ..?, fuel system, steering/suspension, frame and finally coupling device, whatever that is.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator
Ah, an oil thread... 
Shell Rotella T 15w-40, or T6 synthetic 5w-40. Both carry the JASO-MA rating and are safe to use in a wet clutch motorcycle. The non synthetic stuff sells for about $12 a gallon jug at Walmart.

+1 Used Rotella on my last 5 bikes, and it works great.
I did and early (2400miles) oil/filter change today went for full synthetic:  Shell Rotella T6 5W-40.

Shifting seems somewhat smoother, less clunky.

• Global Moderator

Also gave the bike a good clean.I got caught in a huge downpour yesterday where they were doing roadwork and I was stuck behind a big truck. Needless to say I was soaked when I got home and the bike wasn't white.

After cleaning I took the slack out of the throttle cable. This makes a huge difference. I tend to blip the throttle while downshifting and when I start riding from a stand still and the pick up it is smoother now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just installed the Puig sports screen (dark smoke). Took 5 minutes to fit and looks great! I installed it before trying it out on way to work, then 2 minutes later a storm started raging so it's staying in the garage today. Will try it out tomorrow with any luck...

IMG_0870_zps339e5a4c.jpg
IMG_0868_zpsca78e796.jpg
IMG_0867_zps2a3beccc.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I just installed the Puig sports screen (dark smoke). Took 5 minutes to fit and looks great! I installed it before trying it out on way to work, then 2 minutes later a storm started raging so it's staying in the garage today. Will try it out tomorrow with any luck...  
IMG_0870_zps339e5a4c.jpg
IMG_0868_zpsca78e796.jpg
IMG_0867_zps2a3beccc.jpg

Definitely want to hear your input on how it is with the wind.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member

Is that the sport or touring model? Looks a bit tall. Definitely interested in how it affects wind. On my commute anything up to 70mph is pretty fine, but above that and my neck is strained after a while from bracing my windblown helmet. I have the Yamaha flyscreen, but that is mostly aesthetics and bug deflection.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

That is the sport one. I chose that because I thought the touring one was too tall, but some of the others I saw looked too small to be effective. To me it looks about right. But I will post an update when I've ridden with it...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
That is the sport one. I chose that because I thought the touring one was too tall, but some of the others I saw looked too small to be effective. To me it looks about right. But I will post an update when I've ridden with it...
It looks the perfect height to me, and like there is plenty of room to get to the ignition. I love the shape along the top too! Yep, want to hear about its performance!

Illegitimi non carborundum

After cleaning I took the slack out of the throttle cable. This makes a huge difference. I tend to blip the throttle while downshifting and when I start riding from a stand still and the pick up it is smoother now.
Any tips on how to go about this? I'm used to having the adjusters in the line near the grips, but I don't see any on this bike (unless I just didn't look hard enough). Are the adjusters right there, practically attached to the TB unit? I couldn't tell if those nuts were for adjusting or just to hold the cables in place.  
Did you tighten up the throttle cable, back throttle/return cable, or both? How much play do you have at the throttle now?  

I looked at mine and there really isn't a ton of play at the throttle by looking at it (didn't actually measure it yet).  Seems to be less than 1/8"?  Makes me wonder still if I should consider tightening it up or not.  

Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks in advance for any help! 

• Global Moderator

Adjusting the cable is an easy process.

You will see two cables attached to the throttle body. The left one is is to increase the throttle, the right one is the return.

You will need a 10 mm to loosen the top nut on the left cable. Then push the cable down to expose the bottom nut. Turn the bottom nut a couple of times so the nut goes downwards and reattach the cable and tighten the top nut. The cable will sit higher and will have less slack. It didn't take out all the slack but enough so the throttle appears more responsive. I did not touch the return cable (right).

throttle.JPG