The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

njdevils1990
20140823_235131_zpswwcmdmln.jpg

Repurposed an old backpack until I can afford a proper tank/tail bag.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Premium Member

Yes .. took a long look at that exhaust .. 4 tubes cut at long angles.  Exhaust almost looked like PVC.  I guess that's a 600?  Almost looks like a 300.

I dunno, I kinda like the picture showing the finer curves of the FZ. Such a nice round... tire... how do they make them so perfect

So no joke, but the sexiest thing in those pics was the exhaust on that Kawasaki, oh my is it beautiful.
The exhaust???? you and I need to have a serious talk ;) 
Are you sure you are not hiding more pictures of that exhaust?

• Like 1

Ok, the pictures of Jerryv's bike convinced me. I'll wash my bike for the first time (owned since june 27th). :D

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Drivetrain seems to be making a ton of noise when I ride. Chain is tightened to specs in manual, but something is very loud when riding!

Made a quick video of bike on stand, spinning wheel. Is this noise normal??? Sounds like constant clicking/clunking.

What exhaust? I need more pics, didnt see any exhaust.
He was commenting on the exhaust on the Kawi to the right of my FZ.

• Premium Member

Did a group ride today and added 170 miles to the clock, hit up some nice twisty roads.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member
Drivetrain seems to be making a ton of noise when I ride. Chain is tightened to specs in manual, but something is very loud when riding! 
Made a quick video of bike on stand, spinning wheel. Is this noise normal??? Sounds like constant clicking/clunking.

I have this on mine too. Lubed it up real good and tightened it to spec but it is still there.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Thanks for the affirmation - I'll let you know if I find something that remedies it. I know there aren't many complaints on the FZ07, but excessive drivetrain noise might be one of them. I see several other discussions on it.

Got my FE from Ryan. Super fast shipping. Cali to MD in 2 days. The FE is built super well. Top quality and unbeatable for the price. Looks great as well. Can't wait to get this installed. Wish I ordered my LEDs, adapters and relays sooner.

Got my FE from Ryan. Super fast shipping. Cali to MD in 2 days. The FE is built super well. Top quality and unbeatable for the price. Looks great as well. Can't wait to get this installed. Wish I ordered my LEDs, adapters and relays sooner.

So if I ordered the kit with the led lights, I would need an adapter kit to install the led lights that come with his FE?

TwistedTorque
So if I ordered the kit with the led lights, I would need an adapter kit to install the led lights that come with his FE?
You don't need it but typically with some/most after market LED's they have super fast blink rates due to the power draw. Some come with the relay to slow it down some don't. 

If you don't want to make your own connections buy 4 OEM Yamaha Signal Harness adapters and a EFLR1 relay.

I spoke with TST about making a pair of levers. Unfortunately they said they are too busy to take on this project.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I did absolutely nothing. Because it is not here yet!!! 
How easy was the LED aux light project?
What bulb did you replace it with and is it a noticeable upgrade?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!