The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

Black/red 

Did you have any issues with the glue not bonding to the rubber?

Same color.

Nope. I used Griplock glue and it worked well for me. 

michigan400

Changed the headlight marker bulb to a cool white led. Pictures make my running lights look brighter than what you see in person. Wanted it to match my signals drl's. Before pic here. After on next post. 

20180807_114917.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday I (finally) passed 1000 miles on the FZ.  It got it's third oil change and this time it got the good stuff:  Motul 7100 10w-40.  Also cleaned and lubed the chain.

Made time today to give my wheels a thorough cleaning.  The back wheel was pretty filthy.

Days like this when I really appreciate the shaft drive on my other bike.  Rear wheel stays just as clean as the front.

Edited by Liquidmetal
  • Like 2

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

25 minutes ago, Liquidmetal said:

Yesterday I (finally) passed 1000 miles on the FZ.  It got it's third oil change and this time it got the good stuff:  Motul 7100 10w-40.  Also cleaned and lubed the chain.

Made time today to give my wheels a thorough cleaning.  The back wheel was pretty filthy.

Days like this when I really appreciate the shaft drive on my other bike.  Rear wheel stays just as clean as the front.

BelRay Super Clean chain lube and you'll never have a greasy rear wheel again ;) 

I'm not affiliated, just a real big fan!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

At NYST, tracking in the rain, again.   Lol.  Under awning, waiting for the third session.

0811181104a-1.jpg

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

14 hours ago, M7C00L said:

Added a Savage windscreen. What a difference!!

Link or it didn't happen. 😉

• Haha 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
On 8/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, M7C00L said:

Added a Savage windscreen. What a difference!!

Great little screen, really fits the lines of the bike nicely. 

• Thanks 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

my problem with all the screens offered for this bike, they dont ever fit just right

dont get me wrong, they look good.... except the oem for some reason, but ive tried 4? now.... There always seems to be a gap under the tip, and they dont spread all that wide. even tucked at highway speeds i feel like i'm getting hammered in the chest and head by the wind

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

55 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

my problem with all the screens offered for this bike, they dont ever fit just right

dont get me wrong, they look good.... except the oem for some reason, but ive tried 4? now.... There always seems to be a gap under the tip, and they dont spread all that wide. even tucked at highway speeds i feel like i'm getting hammered in the chest and head by the wind

I hear ya! That's why I chose the Ermax 39 MM windscreen. It's not just for looks. It comes up a little higher than a lot of the tiny windscreens being offered by companies but not so much that it looks huge on the bike. It's not everyone's cup of tea either but it does deflect most of the wind from the chest and the bottom of my helmet when tucked a little. I understand it doesn't fit the 18's.

Beemer

Installed an Evotech radiator guard (needed) and an Evotech pillion footpeg removal kit (not needed). 

IMG_1075.JPG

• Like 3

Instagram: @jayparrington 

persydonkers
On 3/11/2018 at 2:02 PM, Spanglo said:

Was able to paint the heel guards and side covers today.  A few pics with the new windscreen and sided radiator covers:

WHfoQ5bO-1Pf-qHV-fUJ9ah3vgDvzjQQAzfoe8YH

EEjEb0_MucxvbNYjgC9HRXHyTzJbIqI1neGMGB7G

Im sure this Has Been asked before but how does the DPM Windscreen do as far as wind placement?

19 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

Installed an Evotech radiator guard (needed) and an Evotech pillion footpeg removal kit (not needed). 

IMG_1075.JPG

Looks good with the rear pegs gone. So is a kit needed or would you suggest some other way to mount the rear brake reservoir?

54 minutes ago, michigan400 said:

Looks good with the rear pegs gone. So is a kit needed or would you suggest some other way to mount the rear brake reservoir?

The kit isn't really needed. You could make your own bracket to hold the reservoir. You could buy a reservoir relocation kit. I've even seen guys just zip tie it along the swingarm. 

• Like 1

That's what I was wondering. I looked at it the other night and seen the mount was part of the pillion. I'll see what I can cob together and spray paint black! LOL! Thanks!

• Like 1

I installed an LED in the headlight over a month ago. Today I swapped out the stock auxiliary bulbs for some LEDs. Their a bit longer than the stock bulbs but they fit and work well. 

First pic shows the stock bulbs. 

Second pic is the stock next to the LED. 

Third pic shows left LED and right stock bulb. 

Fourth pic shows stock on top with LEDs on bottom. 

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

Edited by JayMT07
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

firstyammerha

Actually did this GSXR1000 spring swap onto the stock shock a week or so ago. Easy swap and improved the around town ride greatly.

resprung FZ07 shock.JPG

FZ07 shock with GSXR1000 spring.JPG

• Global Moderator
On 8/13/2018 at 5:01 AM, Beemer said:

I hear ya! That's why I chose the Ermax 39 MM windscreen. It's not just for looks. It comes up a little higher than a lot of the tiny windscreens being offered by companies but not so much that it looks huge on the bike. It's not everyone's cup of tea either but it does deflect most of the wind from the chest and the bottom of my helmet when tucked a little. I understand it doesn't fit the 18's.

I've put on the oem, ermax tall, givi short and touring 

All of em had the same issue

Though being 6'1 doesn't help

I'm still trying to figure out a way I could fork mount it at the bottom and bar mount at the top

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.