The MT-07 Forum

Is this normal for the seat?

eMpTy-Oh7

I have a 2018 model and it does the same thing. Never noticed it before until now. Good one. Now its on my mind.

I actually hate the seat and the exhaust. Exhaust is done to an Akrapovic Ti now the seat is next. Just don't know what to do about it. More research needed

19 hours ago, geophb said:

Not worth IMO.  They way I see it, my legs hold them in when im riding. And when im not riding I just close the garage door. 🤣

LOL......good recommendations.  It's funny I didn't notice that flappy area before (I got it new in April 2019) but felt it was not normally the first time I took it off and reinstalled.

Sorry I didn’t get back here sooner. In all honesty I couldn’t find this thread. 

your seat IMO should not flop around that much. The corners of my seat have a little wiggle but as long as the tab near the battery is hooked in, the seat really doesn’t move or flop. 

yoirs seems wrong to me. 

3 hours ago, msb06c said:

Sorry I didn’t get back here sooner. In all honesty I couldn’t find this thread. 

your seat IMO should not flop around that much. The corners of my seat have a little wiggle but as long as the tab near the battery is hooked in, the seat really doesn’t move or flop. 

yoirs seems wrong to me. 

can you take video of yours and try to yank that area by the tank?

18 hours ago, eMpTy-Oh7 said:

can you take video of yours and try to yank that area by the tank?

For sure. I’ll get a video taken tomorrow and post it up either late tomm night or early Monday. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, msb06c said:

For sure. I’ll get a video taken tomorrow and post it up either late tomm night or early Monday. Cheers. 

Awesome. Looking forward. 

7 hours ago, msb06c said:

Yeah man yours seems very floppy. Mine is pretty firm. 

....maybe it’s an age thing? ;) 😛 

Both videos look the same to me 😕🙃

Mine is the same way (2019), did it with 0 miles. 

If you look on the bottom of the seat there is a tab that holds the front part of the seat down in the middle.  This tab does not provide support in the direction he/we are pulling on it, which is why it flexes like that.  Its just the way it was designed.

1 hour ago, geophb said:

Both videos look the same to me 😕🙃

Mine is the same way (2019), did it with 0 miles. 

If you look on the bottom of the seat there is a tab that holds the front part of the seat down in the middle.  This tab does not provide support in the direction he/we are pulling on it, which is why it flexes like that.  Its just the way it was designed.

Could be I was pulling the seat with 2 fingers.  LOL......no idea

• Like 1