The MT-07 Forum

2018 Street Triple R - Should I upgrade?

paxx

Shop has a screaming deal on a 2018 Stripple with the 765. Man I'm tempted. I've easily put 2g in my 2018 mt07, I suppose I could return it all to stock before I traded it in.... Anyone have any experience on both bikes?  The extra 40 ponies sounds pretty nice. 

My local dealer here in Michigan got some new 2018 triumphs as well and has good deals on both the R and RS. I took a look for the heck of it but I don’t really need the extra ponies and the operating costs would go up considerably. I also know “me” and I would be modding the R as well. In the end it’s your money and desires. For me I already have a pretty kick azz 07 and don’t plan on getting rid of it. Here is what my dealer is selling. 

C11625D1-75E9-4543-9B42-C5FF2ACAC54A.png

8273EB1E-3AE7-41F9-8116-C76909D3D4B8.png

You can get a used one fairly cheap. This is what my local dealer have. The street triple is really nice to ride but it honestly dont feel much like an fz at all.

Screenshot_20191214-095457_Chrome.jpg

My brother has a 2018 Street Triple (not the R model).  It's lighter than MT-07 and it's very smooth.  On local street you don't feel much of a difference in power until the RPM is higher.  On highway you can easily feel the pull and also there is no vibration on the handle. 

Very nice bike for sure.

I owned an older Street 675 (2008) a few years ago and it was an amazing bike when fanging it through the hills, but really sucked for commuting and casual riding due to the ergonomics. The newer Streets might be different ergonomically, but the older ones had low bars and high rearsets which put a lot of pressure on the wrists, and had a terrible seat that constantly pushed you down into the tank.

None of this mattered when you were riding the tits off it, but for everything else it was just uncomfy and impractical. I MUCH MUCH prefer my MT07. Less top end, but more torque down low, and far far more comfortable.

Well Guys... Good news and Good News! Got a massive deal on a new 2018 Street Triple R. Taking delivery next Thursday which means I am going to have a bunch of great aftermarket parts to sell on the forum! I couldn't turn the striple down and I managed to get it out the door for 9 flat. The MT will be sold come spring. Keep your eyes on the parts for sale thread!IMG_20191221_131216.thumb.jpg.d113022163e8fa51b2835edfbcfe804c.jpg

3 minutes ago, paxx said:

Well Guys... Good news and Good News! Got a massive deal on a new 2018 Street Triple R. Taking delivery next Thursday which means I am going to have a bunch of great aftermarket parts to sell on the forum! I couldn't turn the striple down and I managed to get it out the door for 9 flat. The MT will be sold come spring. Keep your eyes on the parts for sale thread!IMG_20191221_131216.thumb.jpg.d113022163e8fa51b2835edfbcfe804c.jpg

Have fun with it brother! You will be chomping at the bit like the rest of us for an early spring. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paxx said:

business-commerce-turnover-walking_the_plank-planks-turn_overs-pirates-mdbn415_low.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beemer

Sooo jealous. Striple and s1000r are my dream next bikes. Congrats.

any preview on what parts you’ll have up for sale? Now that my bike sounds decent I’m feeling way more inclined to gussy her up.